Thaksin Outmanoeuvred in Brother-in-Law’s Senate Bid: Analyst

webfact

32 minutes ago, Ironmike said:

This is an easy to fix problem,, simply bring back the ex prime minister who hates Taksin and wants him behind bars,,,, where he belongs,,,and the problem will be solved Taksin will be back in Dubai at the end of the first day. 

Correct, the dry warm climate of Dubai is ideal for his ongoing health, notice how his health immediately took a turn for the worse on his return to Thailand - seems it nearly killed him but unfortunately he was resurrected from his death bed. 

• Love It 2

1 hour ago, Ironmike said:

This is an easy to fix problem,, simply bring back the ex prime minister who hates Taksin and wants him behind bars,,,, where he belongs,,,and the problem will be solved Taksin will be back in Dubai at the end of the first day. 

Yes, old style, some sort of Colosseum style  PM Gladiatorial Games. Two PM's enter only one leaves! 

Announcer: In this corner, weighing in at 130 pounds, and most of that hair dye, is 74 years of age, Thaksin the "Thaksinator" Shinywaterrrrrrrr!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

I am probably more up on the recent changes than you are, I predicted them years ago.

It is NOT about us, not yet anyway.

Nobody is stopping you being a lemming and registering for a TIN/filling out a tax return, and the RD will love you for it.

The changes are there for Thai nationals, yes they do theoretically apply to foreigners, but until they come out and say so, ignore the experts who want to make a dime out of filling in your returns or consultancy fees.

The RD are between a rock and a hard place, they can't come out and say it's not farang's we're after because their own citizens will accuse them of favouritism.  The best advice, is wait and see what happens, and don't advise others to do it, even if you must.

Further, my accountant who does both our company and my tax returns, said do thing, wait and see.

I too have been advised to do nothing, that they are after big Thai earners. I was also told that a certain group of people in the accounting business are hyping up the rhetoric to grab fees for filling out tax returns that are not yet needed. As you say  do nothing, wait and see. 

• Love It 2

39 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

I too have been advised to do nothing, that they are after big Thai earners. I was also told that a certain group of people in the accounting business are hyping up the rhetoric to grab fees for filling out tax returns that are not yet needed. As you say  do nothing, wait and see. 

Correct.  That is the proper advice from my accountant too.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Artisi said:

Correct, the dry warm climate of Dubai is ideal for his ongoing health, notice how his health immediately took a turn for the worse on his return to Thailand - seems it nearly killed him but unfortunately he was resurrected from his death bed. 

But is the climate in Cambodia that different from the Bangkok area. He seemed OK there. Maybe the proximity to an anti democratic dictator (is there any other sort) shielded his health. 

On 6/29/2024 at 6:54 AM, kuzmabruk said:

I think you people hate Thaksin because he is a billionaire, not because he built AIS, which you all probably use, ran a successful anti-drug campaign during his time as PM, torn down many, but not all, monopolies, and yes of course probably did a few things that weren’t great.   You all sound like you actually understand the Thai political landscape. But I think you all have uneducated opinions of Thaksin and the other things you spout about.  

You should be focusing more on the only thing important right now, and that is your 2024 Thai tax return, due in March 2025.  Thailand joins the USA and Eritrea as the only 3 countries in the world to tax you on your global income.  And by the way, if you do not disclose everything, and sign the return, that is perjury.   Jail time.  Lucky for me my Canadian taxes are higher than Thailand’s rates, so I don’t pay Thailand anything from what is left after Canada takes 56% of my income.  But you better get ready because this is real and it effects a lot of you.    

What were you saying about "uneducated opinions"??

Perhaps you could tell us how exactly how his anti drugs campaign was  successful ?  A few "low hanging fruit"  Yah bah street dealers were made an example of by being  summarily executed by the police. At best this may have caused the minor issue of  some very localised  short term minor supply problems, but the equally short term resulting increase in price however will have more than compensated those controlling the drugs trade for any minor inconvenience.

On a similar note its probably best if you refrain from giving advice on taxation until either (A)   you know what you are talking about, and (B) somebody asks you for it  

The 2024 tax return is not "the only important thing right now" for anybody, especially as we are only just half way through the tax year, and if your reference to "perjury" and "jail time" was supposed to strike fear into everybody then I'm sorry to tell you that at least in my case you failed miserably. 

Likewise if it was intended to send worried expats scurrying desperately for expensive advice to the shady online "international accountants" that you later claim to be connected to , I wouldn't bother holding your breath whilst you wait for the phone to start ringing (assuming they have a land line)

I was going to suggest that you left marketing to the advertising people and that  you should stick to accounting, but as , on your own admission you "luckily"  pay 56%  income tax, you clearly are not an accountant but should probably think about engaging one. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/29/2024 at 12:54 PM, kuzmabruk said:

I think you people hate Thaksin because he is a billionaire, not because he built AIS, which you all probably use, ran a successful anti-drug campaign during his time as PM, torn down many, but not all, monopolies, and yes of course probably did a few things that weren’t great.

He's a convicted criminal who did a runner to avoid going to Jail. 

Election? Of Senators? These would be the same Senators that decide who can be in power regardless of who wins a General Election would they? 

I'd suggest the make up of the Senate was decided long ago - and not by any election.

We wouldn't want the Thai electorate getting any ideas about having a real democracy would we.

On 6/29/2024 at 6:54 AM, kuzmabruk said:

I think you people hate Thaksin because he is a billionaire, not because he built AIS, which you all probably use, ran a successful anti-drug campaign during his time as PM, torn down many, but not all, monopolies, and yes of course probably did a few things that weren’t great.   You all sound like you actually understand the Thai political landscape. But I think you all have uneducated opinions of Thaksin and the other things you spout about.  

You should be focusing more on the only thing important right now, and that is your 2024 Thai tax return, due in March 2025.  Thailand joins the USA and Eritrea as the only 3 countries in the world to tax you on your global income.  And by the way, if you do not disclose everything, and sign the return, that is perjury.   Jail time.  Lucky for me my Canadian taxes are higher than Thailand’s rates, so I don’t pay Thailand anything from what is left after Canada takes 56% of my income.  But you better get ready because this is real and it effects a lot of you.    

You forgot to mention the murder of low level drug dealers, the rampant buying of votes - especially in Isaan and the fact that he enabled thousands of farmers to take out loans, loans that many of them are still struggling to pay back. That policy baffled many as he also introduced it alongside a debt suspension programme.

Srettha's government appears to be doing something similar but from what I understand of it, this time farmer's ability to repay any new loans is being checked. 

Edited by MangoKorat