Is that the kind of user experience which you want to give us?

OneMoreFarang

I read your rules, especially this one, and I will not complain about the individual ads.

37. You will not post negative comments concerning advertisements on ASEAN NOW or our sponsors.

What I like to complain about are the amount of ads and the usability of the forum.

I have a large desktop screen. And I like to look at the newest posts by looking at the list to the right.

Now see how much of the screen is information, and how much is ads.

And you even make it impossible to read the list on the right without removing the adds.

Is that the kind of user experience which you want to give us?

This is the ad to information ratio.

Ads5-Red-50.png.69cf93d794714b9fd6db0b44c2abe91b.png

This is what I actually see.

Ads5-50.png.81112fb5b35609e222a534cbfb399b99.png

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Totally understand, as I am sure you understand why they are there.

May I suggest you consider the Ad free version at $5 monthly ot &50 annually.

Sure, I understand why you have ads.

But lots of websites have ads. And I don't remember any other website which has even half as many ads as this one.

It seems most companies understand that there is a compromise between showing ads and making money and on the other hand keeping the users happy.

I don't mind ads, I know you need them, but how about you reduce them to an amount like any other website? That will improve the user experience from anybody who wants to use this site.

I didn't know that AN offers an ad free version. Is that fact advertised anywhere?

But it's not only about me. I am sure you like to have new users. And do you really think you will get many new users if they don't see the content of your site but only ads? Sometimes more is better. Maybe rethink your strategy. 

9 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

The introduction of an Ad Free version is a recent development and there will be more on that in the coming weeks.

I mention it as a possible solution that may be of interest to you.

I believe AN will experience members leaving if ads become to dominant and only option is paying for a ad free version, combined with more new members posting what seems like AI created topics. 

Click speculative topics

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1