Wheelchair at CW

2 hours ago, digger70 said:

Wheelchair at CW

If you have trouble to walk any distance and if you have to do that often would it not be wise/better  to invest in a fold up wheelchair yourself if possible .

They are not that expensive cheapest one Under thb 3K 

If you were to buy your own folding wheelchair, it may be worth visiting a medical equipment shop, (they can usually be found close to major hospitals) and check that they are the right size for you, that they will take your weight (plus 25 or 50% extra), that they have good brakes, have outer rims so that you can move yourself around, that they are not too heavy or bulky to fit in your car, especially when you and your wife get older and have less strength.

The decent ones I have seen (but not seriously looked at) start from around 6 or 7k baht.

If you decide to get one, ask to sit in it, to fold it up etc. Try not to buy one from online because that way you pay before you see it, and if it does not suit you, then have a limited period to return it, and the seller may not accept it as a returned as un-acceptable item.

Fortunately for me I can still walk a little distance but away from the house I use a walking stick. If I visit a hospital I always ask for a wheelchair because I use it as a chair during the long waiting times.