Democrats Turn on Biden's Inner Circle Post-Debate

Social Media

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

So now Hunter is directly involved. Why is that? I am thinking with the tax trial he is explaining the vulnerabilities he has opened and they are trying to figure out n how to bury the bodies. These activities are extracurricular and will not be included in official duties. It's clear as a bell he had no legitimate business in ukraine.

He's hoping for immunity by being part of the Presidential TEAM!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, retarius said:

Kamala has a $91 million war chest of donations courtesy of the Biden/Kamala fund raising campaign. She is not obliged to turn it over to anyone. Maybe she should keep it and aim to be the first black woman elected to President. 

If Joe stands down it is go8ng to be the world's largest clawback. No way somebody as stupider as Kamala keeps it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

America, IMO, has had a broken political system for many decades, and the present debacle is just a symptom of it.

PS IMO Trump was elected because the system is broken, but he did not break it. That happened long before he became POTUS.

Hang on this mess is going to be cleaned up with Project 2025

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:
32 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Maybe so. But sometimes it just takes a tipping point.

A tipping point for them to admit it, not to see it.

this.

we are talking about hundreds of well educated highly professional people. people who have occupied very prestigious jobs and government positions. all of them stood by and let it happen for a long time. 

if some of us bozos here on AN have been talking about it for at least a year...how did they not know ? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stoner said:

this.

we are talking about hundreds of well educated highly professional people. people who have occupied very prestigious jobs and government positions. all of them stood by and let it happen for a long time. 

if some of us bozos here on AN have been talking about it for at least a year...how did they not know ? 

They all knew in 2020 he wasn't all there. Remember the bunker strategy. Stage managed hoax for 4 years now. Military Industrial complex plus big pharma runs the country. They love puppets like Biden. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, susanlea said:

They all knew in 2020 he wasn't all there. Remember the bunker strategy. Stage managed hoax for 4 years now. Military Industrial complex plus big pharma runs the country. They love puppets like Biden. 

lobbying should not be allowed. its out of control now. anyone can grow up to become president. ya good one. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

I think a lot of people after the strong 2022 election showing were willing to go along. But whether they chose to overlook the physical then, that's where it is now.

Well gaslighting was only going to take them so far. 

It was a huge mistake, as well as deeply dishonest. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

I think a lot of people after the strong 2022 election showing were willing to go along. But whether they chose to overlook the physical then, that's where it is now.

What has change since 2022 is that Joe is older and has lost a step while Trump is also older but has no intention of changing. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

What has change since 2022 is that Joe is older and has lost a step while Trump is also older but has no intention of changing. 

Some have called Trump's performance "a fire-hose of lies".

While not proven, some say that those who watched the 1960 Kennedy-Nixon debate on television thought Kennedy won; while those who listened only on the radio thought Nixon won.

A detailed analysis of Trump's 90 minute performance takes a lot of involvement while seeing Biden's performance, unfortunately,  does not.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

While not proven, some say that those who watched the 1960 Kennedy-Nixon debate on television thought Kennedy won; while those who listened only on the radio thought Nixon won.

A detailed analysis of Trump's 90 minute performance takes a lot of involvement while seeing Biden's performance, unfortunately,  does not.

Lots of gold in Trump's performance for kamala's and her VP pick ads. 

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Roughly 51.3 million people tuned into the debate which was a significant decline in TV viewership. The value of the debate is questionable in relaionship to the voting mindsets of the people. Most would have anticipated the performance of both after seeing past debates between both of them. Young people were noticeable absent where only 3.9 million between the ages of 18 to 34 tuned in. Most of this group are undecided voters. CNN pulled ahead in terms of viewer count. 

Listening and comprehending the substance of the debate compare to the visual will have different conclusion to viwers. I listen to few focus group comments and most admitted the poor showing of Biden because he is old. None hate Biden. Not the same for Trump. I guess the bottomline is that neither Biden and Trump have move the dial in terms of undecided voters which will be the game changer in the election. 

Edited by Eric Loh
wrong word
  • Haha 1

What the worst that could happen? 

His doctor fails him on a cognitive test then he steps down and Kamala holds the fort until November.

He has a stroke and Kamala becomes president for a few months. She either stands for election or the Democratic Party chooses someone else.

A new candidate comes forward to stand in the election. If he wins, Biden is out anyway.

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Having a staff to assist a POTUS is not the same as having a staff that protects a problematic person from being exposed, but I'm sure you know that.

Would he even be allowed to drive by himself?

There is a simple answer to all this though.

Let a panel of independent psychologists and psychiatrists assess his capability of running the US for another 4 years, and make the result public.

On Biden’s staff protecting him, I don’t disagree. I was responding to the original poster’s sobbing that this was somehow a threat to democracy. On your proposal about a panel of independent psychologists, perhaps they should assess both candidates with equal rigor. I also believe that a president should be able to pass a basic civics test and not be a convicted criminal. The challenger would fail on both those counts.

Biden’s candidacy at this point is problematic, I agree, and I wish that the Democrats had drawn up a Plan B a couple of years ago. But, if he’s not replaced and wins the election, there is indeed a protocol for a situation in which a president becomes disabled while in office. While far from ideal, this is still far better than going with the candidate who promises to install an authoritarian regime.

1 minute ago, Cory1848 said:

I was responding to the original poster’s sobbing that this was somehow a threat to democracy.

I don't see this (or any candidate for that matter) as a "threat to democracy."  However - I do see Biden's diminished cognitive state as being a national security risk.  "The lights are on but nobody's home."  Who is running the country?  And this is the guy with the US nuclear code-book and his finger on the trigger?  That's not a good thing.  Imho the guy needs to be removed from office, either voluntarily or via the 25th Amendment, and Harris promoted to the presidency.  And I'm not a Harris fan but at least she isn't cognitively and physically impaired. 

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, connda said:

I don't see this (or any candidate for that matter) as a "threat to democracy."  However - I do see Biden's diminished cognitive state as being a national security risk.  "The lights are on but nobody's home."  Who is running the country?  And this is the guy with the US nuclear code-book and his finger on the trigger?  That's not a good thing.  Imho the guy needs to be removed from office, either voluntarily or via the 25th Amendment, and Harris promoted to the presidency.  And I'm not a Harris fan but at least she isn't cognitively and physically impaired. 

Trump is a threat to democracy because his proposed actions would effectively eliminate the separation of powers, bring several independent agencies under his direct control, enable him to fire judges willy-nilly, and other such actions. (The extent to which “democracy” even exists in the US regardless of which party is in power, given the role of corporate money in politics, is debatable, but that’s another topic.)

I think that, at least over the next couple of months, there are likely sufficient controls around Biden (as there were around Trump during his administration, as people simply refused to do what he wanted because his demands were illegal, or stupid, or just wrong). Plus, I don’t think that Biden is that far gone at the moment. Still, I think that Harris, whom I do like, needs to stay out there and continue to demonstrate that she’s capable, whether as a surrogate president or a president in her own right. Bringing in a third candidate to head the ticket at this point risks throwing the party into total chaos, with little time to recover.