Democrats Turn on Biden's Inner Circle Post-Debate

Social Media

On 7/3/2024 at 2:42 PM, jerrymahoney said:

I think a lot of people after the strong 2022 election showing were willing to go along. But whether they chose to overlook the physical then, that's where it is now.

The physical isn't the problem- they could put him in a wheelchair if he can't walk without falling over. It's the being out to lunch in the mental department that is the problem.

• Like 1

Seems after the governors meeting at the White House this evening they are staying in support of the president and here’s a thought there has been a lot of talk about joes performance at the debate ok we got it,how’s about trump just getting up there repeating the same old lies rasist tropes and refusing to answer direct questions…..I’m not impressed with rote lying refusing to answer questions then walking off that should be addressed big time!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

If Biden resigns and endorses Harris for the nomination likely nobody will oppose a President Harris at the convention.

Yes, and I must say - as a non-Usofan watching from afar - that Kamala's performance in the vid above looks pretty good: fluent, confident, capable.

Compared to Biden's performance a few days ago, she looks like a serious contender for the top job, and possibly unbeatable if she's already the new President in situ come November.

On 7/3/2024 at 2:58 PM, jerrymahoney said:

Again so that is water under the bridge. What do they do now?

Ask Swift to take over?

Seriously, there has to be at least one politician in the entire Democrat universe that would be willing to take over, but perhaps the capable ones are too sensible to go for that job and the ones that would are losers.

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Because admitting they had supported a "less than compos mentis" man for 3 years would not look good on a CV. Also, there may not be anyone else capable of winning, so no point in changing horses in mid race.

Perhaps they didn't realise just how bad he was till the debate.

How do you explain the stunning comeback America is experiencing under this administration that blows your point out of the water

• Sad 1

Just now, mfd101 said:

Yes, and I must say - as a non-Usofan watching from afar - that Kamala's performance in the vid above looks pretty good: fluent, confident, capable.

Compared to Biden's performance a few days ago, she looks like a serious contender for the top job, and possibly unbeatable if she's already the new President in situ come November.

Only one huge electoral problem with her- she couldn't sort the border when she was put in charge and the GOP only have to show the results of her failure to put her in the shade.

A potential POTUS would have done better.

Any decent actor can look pretty good: fluent, confident, capable, but it doesn't make them POTUS material.

8 minutes ago, Tug said:

Seems after the governors meeting at the White House this evening they are staying in support of the president and here’s a thought there has been a lot of talk about joes performance at the debate ok we got it,how’s about trump just getting up there repeating the same old lies rasist tropes and refusing to answer direct questions…..I’m not impressed with rote lying refusing to answer questions then walking off that should be addressed big time!

Deflection deflection :cheesy:

You have been going on about how good diaper Joe for ages and can't admit defeat. 

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Harris is the dream candidate for the GOP to run against. Vain, fake, terrible voice, cannot speak extemporaneously, and an utter failure as VP.  Hell, she isn't even a real African-American- she is a Jamaica/India mix.   Perhaps the worst of anyone the Democrats could pick.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Ask Swift to take over?

Seriously, there has to be at least one politician in the entire Democrat universe that would be willing to take over, but perhaps the capable ones are too sensible to go for that job and the ones that would are losers.

As I linked before: and before Biden officially declared his candidacy:

Updated March 6, 2023

The Democrats’ SOS Candidate Keeps His Options Open
Gov. J.B. Pritzker of Illinois has maintained his political organization, built a progressive record and is open about his ambitions. For now, he says, they don’t include the White House.

The billionaire heir to the Hyatt Hotels fortune may be seen by some Democrats as the “in case of emergency break glass” candidate, one of the few prominent politicians who could stand up a White House run at a moment’s notice. Although President Biden has said he intends to mount a campaign, that has not eased Democrats’ obvious worry: the famously dilatory Hamlet on the Potomac might decide not to run for re-election at 81, and worry could turn to panic.

“Look, we have only one president at a time,” said Bob Reiter, president of the Chicago Federation of Labor and an ally of the governor. “But one of the things I watched when he became governor was the way he scooped up political and policy talent as he was taking office. His ability to put together a team and put them in the right spot was and still is really impressive.”

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Harris is the dream candidate for the GOP to run against. Vain, fake, terrible voice, cannot speak extemporaneously, and an utter failure as VP.  Hell, she isn't even a real African-American- she is a Jamaica/India mix.   Perhaps the worst of anyone the Democrats could pick.

I'd be hard-pressed to choose who has the worst cackle - Harris or Hilldog.

2 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

As I linked before: and before Biden officially declared his candidacy:

Updated March 6, 2023

The Democrats’ SOS Candidate Keeps His Options Open
Gov. J.B. Pritzker of Illinois has maintained his political organization, built a progressive record and is open about his ambitions. For now, he says, they don’t include the White House.

The billionaire heir to the Hyatt Hotels fortune may be seen by some Democrats as the “in case of emergency break glass” candidate, one of the few prominent politicians who could stand up a White House run at a moment’s notice. Although President Biden has said he intends to mount a campaign, that has not eased Democrats’ obvious worry: the famously dilatory Hamlet on the Potomac might decide not to run for re-election at 81, and worry could turn to panic.

“Look, we have only one president at a time,” said Bob Reiter, president of the Chicago Federation of Labor and an ally of the governor. “But one of the things I watched when he became governor was the way he scooped up political and policy talent as he was taking office. His ability to put together a team and put them in the right spot was and still is really impressive.”

To be frank, I don't care who runs the US as long as they are not bought and paid for by special interests ( and you know which special interests I'm referring to ). Even Trump does not fit that bill.

Not starting wars is also good, which is why I support Trump. Boys not returning in bags is always a good thing.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Deflection deflection :cheesy:

You have been going on about how good diaper Joe for ages and can't admit defeat. 

Stunning unemployment #s raging stockmarket strongest economy on the planet getting a handle on inflation best results on the planet infrastructure drug prices environment legislation and on and on not to shabby for an how do you say it foreigner?good old diaper Joe …….my comment about trump’s debate appearance is entirely germain to this thread

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

To be frank, I don't care who runs the US as long as they are not bought and paid for by special interests ( and you know which special interests I'm referring to ). Even Trump does not fit that bill.

Not starting wars is also good, which is why I support Trump. Boys not returning in bags is always a good thing.

Ahhh what war did Biden start?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Tug said:

Stunning unemployment #s raging stockmarket strongest economy on the planet getting a handle on inflation best results on the planet infrastructure drug prices environment legislation and on and on not to shabby for an how do you say it foreigner?good old diaper Joe …….my comment about trump’s debate appearance is entirely germain to this thread

And yet.... according to polling nobody believes you.  They rate Trump ahead of Joe on all those issues, plus bigly on the border and even higher on 'protecting democracy'. All this with a fawning media and the bully pulpit of the presidency. So what is the problem?

14 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Careful what you wish for. Harris is within striking distance of Trump in a hypothetical matchup and in polls: She also fare better on broader female support over Trump for black and independents. She will legally take over the enormous war chest raised by Biden. She is an eloquent and powerful speaker. Her gaffes and idiosyncrasies are not career enders. Trump and Biden had their moments too. 

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Putin a nom US citizen like you supports Trump too.

Edited by Jingthing

6 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Careful what you wish for. Harris is within striking distance of Trump in a hypothetical matchup and in polls: She also fare better on broader female support over Trump for black and independents. She will legally take over the enormous war chest raised by Biden. She is an eloquent and powerful speaker. Her gaffes and idiosyncrasies are not career enders. Trump and Biden had their moments too. 

You may be right, but I don't see it. Too many failures, too many stupid gaffes. If she were any good, Biden would have been 25th Amendment-ed out of office long ago. Not to mention, she would have done better than ZERO percent in the 2020 primaries.  

TBH the only possible candidate I would fear is Michelle Obama, and I don't think she is interested. 

3 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

You may be right, but I don't see it. Too many failures, too many stupid gaffes. If she were any good, Biden would have been 25th Amendment-ed out of office long ago. Not to mention, she would have done better than ZERO percent in the 2020 primaries.  

TBH the only possible candidate I would fear is Michelle Obama, and I don't think she is interested. 

Harris can run on taking credit for Biden's many awesome accomplishments.

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Harris can run on taking credit for Biden's many awesome accomplishments.

........Buahahahaha!  Sorry, you forgot the /s at the end of that sentence.

Biden himself isn't getting credit for his "awesome accomplishments". Why would Kamala?

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Biden has done a great job. The 25th Amendment is not about job performance. Go read. Harris officially withdrew her candidacy in 2019 and endorsed Joe Biden. You are all over the place with alternative facts.