Do you prefer Kellogg's or Nestle Corn Flakes

jerrymahoney

8 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

This is why I LOVE China, so much....

In China, at least three decades ago, before Kellogg began ads there, then we had decent breakfast fare.

Sure like these -- but i don't care about breakfast. I just wanted to join the ranks of cereal topic starters.

image.jpeg.a9737e7953d81d8ce0fc4d16b54d75d2.jpeg

Edited by jerrymahoney

13 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

American breakfast cereal is the MOST DISGUSTING garbage that anyone would wish to stuff in their pie hole.

Where/How did this disgusting habit originate?

200 years ago, we had never heard of it.

Kellogg's garbage is just pure garbage, anyway you look at it.

Why not just have a steak and a few eggs for breakfast?

Also, milk for breakfast?

Think of all that lactose!

I mean, I would not mind milk for breakfast, if I could get it from my GF, directly.

No!

My idea of a nice breakfast is something like Lamb Vindaloo 

image.png.19071035cdf16271ac17a0f2c0536af3.png

or...just STEAK

image.png.b265b02b56c87e0c8a428e9bf9bf1447.png

This is why I LOVE China, so much....

In China, at least three decades ago, before Kellogg began ads there, then we had decent breakfast fare.

Now, with all the ads from AMERICA, Asian breakfast is turning to vomitus.....

Let's go back 6 decades....

Even then, the American Breakfast cereals advertised on TV....

Was always just about as appealing as vomitus to me.

It's unhealthy.

It's full of sugar.

Low protein.

And, it tastes like sht, too!

Years ago, I would, instead, just eat leftovers from our dinners, the past evening, such as turkey, roast beef, some kind of hash, or whatever.

Packaged American Breakfast cereals are fit for nothing more than to be flushed down the hopper.

Disgusting!

There are quite a few healthy breakfast cereals but you won't see them advertised on TV. I've been eating them for decades. Shredded Wheat is one that's recognized, along with Grape Nuts and Corn Flakes. Ones I get at most chain stores in the US (I bring them back when I visit) that you can't get here are Shredded Spoonfuls, Millet Rice Flakes, Heritage Flakes, Shredded Oats, a few from Barbara's, Oat Flakes, and others. I eat oatmeal with banana most every day when I'm out of the flake cereals,along with scrambled eggs, whole grain toast and sugarless jelly, which are all made with whole grains and little to no added sugar. Most are sweetened with grape juice. Granola tastes good but is usually very high in calories and sugar. I follow with 0% ice coffee sweetened with Equal or Splenda with added collagen. This is one of them,........https://www.herbspro.com/products/shredded-spoonfuls-multigrain-cereal-138437?variant=43158085075044&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7bei98yOhwMVqDCDAx1bYg0mEAQYBSABEgKYevD_BwE

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Sure like these -- but i don't care about breakfast. I just wanted to join the ranks of cereal topic starters.

image.jpeg.a9737e7953d81d8ce0fc4d16b54d75d2.jpeg

YouTiao!

I do not like those.

But, ShaoBing....I love...

image.png.3420640bd39aab4aea6f19a9d79b48f8.png

50 years ago, or so, I used to have ShaoBing, like this....every morning.

WONDERFUL!

Now, it would be impossible to find this in Asia, these days.....

Such is the pity.

(50 years ago, you could find a seller almost anywhere in the mornings, in Taipei, baking ShaoBing, using a 55-gallon oil drum, and charcoal. Very tasty!)

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

There are quite a few healthy breakfast cereals but you won't see them advertised on TV. I've been eating them for decades. Shredded Wheat is one that's recognized, along with Grape Nuts and Corn Flakes. Ones I get at most chain stores in the US (I bring them back when I visit) that you can't get here are Shredded Spoonfuls, Millet Rice Flakes, Heritage Flakes, Shredded Oats, a few from Barbara's, Oat Flakes, and others. I eat oatmeal with banana most every day when I'm out of the flake cereals,along with scrambled eggs, whole grain toast and sugarless jelly, which are all made with whole grains and little to no added sugar. Most are sweetened with grape juice. Granola tastes good but is usually very high in calories and sugar. I follow with 0% ice coffee sweetened with Equal or Splenda with added collagen.

The large Shredded wheat is excellent but  pretty expensive in Australia and probably here. They put them in a big box but it's mostly air per kilo. 220 baht for 360 grams. Mini wheats are the same thing but better value in theory but they add sugar which makes them unpalatable for me. Especially the frosted ones. Terrible. 

In Thailand after weeks of buffets at hotels as I am a tourist I went to the supermarket at Central in Pattaya and they had Coles wheat biscuits from Australia for around 240 baht which is expensive as compared to Australia - double the price or more - but you get over a kilogram. No sugar but a little bit of salt. Bought a kilo of My Choice german muesli too which wasn't too expensive and a kilo of oats from Makro. Then add some papaya or something.

Most cereals in Thailand in most stores are of course sweet crap. Even corn flakes can have a fair bit of sugar. I don't mind sugar as such but I think when added to cereal it's unpleasant.  

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy

2 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

The large Shredded wheat is excellent but  pretty expensive in Australia and probably here. They put them in a big box but it's mostly air per kilo. 220 baht for 360 grams. Mini wheats are the same thing but better value in theory but they add sugar which makes them unpalatable for me. Especially the frosted ones. Terrible. 

In Thailand after weeks of buffets at hotels as I am a tourist I went to the supermarket at Central in Pattaya and they had Coles wheat biscuits from Australia for around 240 baht which is expensive as compared to Australia - double the price or more - but you get over a kilogram. No sugar but a little bit of salt. Bought a kilo of My Choice german muesli too which wasn't too expensive and a kilo of oats from Makro. Then add some papaya or something.

Most cereals in Thailand in most stores are of course sweet crap. Even corn flakes can have a fair bit of sugar. I don't mind sugar as such but I think when added to cereal it's unpleasant.  

Villa has the small shredded wheat for 255 and Tops for over 300, which is a little high. Like anoher said, most of the cereal here is aimed towards kids, highly sweetened and not what I'll buy. I brought back 8 boxes of various cereals last November from Texas but they went fast. Wish they had more here. I can order a case of some online but haven't gotten around to that yet.

What is the fascination with American breakfast cereal?

The last time I ate that ((NO JOKE)) was when I was about 12-years-old.....around 1966...and...even then, I almost barfed.  And, even then, I switched to real food, like steak, eggs, pot roast, anything left over from the previous evening's meal.  

Seems that .....

a.  Either everyone here on this thread is brainwashed...or....

b. Everyone loves Jimmy Durante

It's incredible how tastes, around the world, can so easily be influenced to conform to American culture, and also consumption of sht products produced by American corporations.

Even I, as an American, would NEVER ....STOOP sol low as to eat this garbage....

After all, I do not consider myself to be a.....GOAT!

I do not eat tin cans, either!

Edited by GammaGlobulin

Well I figured this would be moved to the food section but it really wasn't about food. I wake up early and it just seems the same people just about every day have to start a new topic. But one must not complain about serial topic starters. So I just decided to become a cereal topic starter.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Villa has the small shredded wheat for 255 and Tops for over 300, which is a little high. Like anoher said, most of the cereal here is aimed towards kids, highly sweetened and not what I'll buy. I brought back 8 boxes of various cereals last November from Texas but they went fast. Wish they had more here. I can order a case of some online but haven't gotten around to that yet.

If I moved to Thailand I would like to bring good quality cereal, chocolate wine and beer. I brought over 20 blocks of chocolate on this trip - 85 per cent good stuff. Chocolate is something I shall not go without nor pay over double than in Australia.

1 minute ago, GammaGlobulin said:

What is the fascination with American breakfast cereal?

The last time I ate that ((NO JOKE)) was when I was about 12-years-old.....around 1966...and...even then, I almost barfed.  And, even then, I switched to real food, like steak, eggs, pot roast, anything left over from the previous evening's meal.  

Seems that .....

a.  Either everyone here on this thread is brainwashed...or....

b. Everyone loves Jimmy Durante

It's incredible how tastes, around the world, can so easily be influenced to conform to American culture, and also consumption of sht products produced by American corporations.

Even I, as an American, would NEVER ....STOOP sol low as to eat this garbage....

After all, I do not consider myself to be a.....GOAT!

I do not eat tin cans, either!

You just said the last time you ate one was 12. Do you not realize how long ago that was and that things might have changed since then, including your taste buds?  Read the ingredients before you buy. The fascination is not only taste but ease of preparation.  I've been eating healthy all my life, especially the last 50 years after I left my parents house and got into bodybuilding and nutrition. I won't eat garbage and a lot of the food you eat here isn't so healthy.

Just now, Fat is a type of crazy said:

If I moved to Thailand I would like to bring good quality cereal, chocolate wine and beer. I brought over 20 blocks of chocolate on this trip - 85 per cent good stuff. Chocolate is something I shall not go without nor pay over double than in Australia.

I rarely eat candy but have a piece of good chocolate now and then. You can find some of the good ones here. I had a wine collection one time when I lived in Texas but only brought a couple cases when I moved here. They went fast.

11 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Chocolate is just one more thing that I have not seen for a very long time.

Here in Asia, chocolate is not a common food.

Here in Asia, or East Asia, chocolate is considered a bit too exotic for most people's tastes.

Although, who does not like a bit of Brown Sugar in the mornings, rather than white bread and corn flakes?

How come it tastes so good?

Edited by GammaGlobulin

58 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

My idea of a nice breakfast is something like Lamb Vindaloo 

yeah, interesting post.

first asian country i went to was china and saw them eating pork-filled dumpling type things in the morning.

first time ever it occurred to me that you can actually eat meat for breakfast. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Chocolate is just one more thing that I have not seen for a very long time.

Here in Asia, chocolate is not a common food.

Here in Asia, or East Asia, chocolate is considered a bit too exotic for most people's tastes.

Although, who does not like a bit of Brown Sugar in the mornings, rather than white bread and corn flakes?

Do you ever leave the house? I see chocolate in every shop of any size, along with supermarkets , 7-11's and malls.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Agree 2

Kellogg's (plain/regular).

At least they look like rolled corn and taste better for me.

Added sugar is not too much (9 gr/100).

The Nestle is obviously extruder stuff like pasta. Fluffy blown up. Don't like.

Kellogg's is one of my inflation meters.

500 gr had been at 99 discounted price years ago. Then regular 105, 109, 115, 120...

Highest seen two days ago at BigC was 145!

125 at Tops now a discount price.

Edited by KhunBENQ

6 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

yeah, interesting post.

first asian country i went to was china and saw them eating pork-filled dumpling type things in the morning.

first time ever it occurred to me that you can actually eat meat for breakfast. 

I stopped eating American breakfast crappola when I was 12.

Even then, I knew it was not healthy.

Now, it seems, the world is just beginning to catch up.

Kellogg was a NITWIT, anyway....of course.

GARBAGE:

image.png.bdbf4959d6e855cbe438fb19331b9374.png

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Do you ever leave the house? I see chocolate in every shop of any size, along with supermarkets , 7-11's and malls.

Tons of proper chocolates at Tops in Central.

What I find at 7/11 is rarely to my liking.

Makro zero.

Overall it's not great what I find here in the district. For proper chocolate I have to drive to the city.

Another inflation meter: Lindt dark hazelnut. 2011: 84 Baht. Now up to 139.

Just now, GammaGlobulin said:

I stopped eating American breakfast crappola when I was 12.

Even then, I knew it was not healthy.

Now, it seems, the world is just beginning to catch up.

Kellogg was a NITWIT, anyway....of course.

I'm guessing you don't read much of what others post. Cereal can be healthy if you look at the ingredients before you buy it. Back when you were 12, healthy didn't enter your mind. Maybe research more?

7 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I do not often see chocolate here.

And, in the past, there was only one producer of chocolate in Taiwan, of any note.

And, that chocolate was not really chocolate.

And, at that time, the tastes of the Asians on Taiwan, and other places, were not tuned to eating sweet sugary foods.

Things have changed now, thanks to marketing from the west.

Now, in Taiwan, obesity and diabetes is rapidly increasing.

The food companies that bring you garbage, you can no longer do without?

I do not eat garbage.

I do not eat food that comes packaged in boxes.

But...you can.....

If you love it so much.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I'm guessing you don't read much of what others post. Cereal can be healthy if you look at the ingredients before you buy it. Back when you were 12, healthy didn't enter your mind. Maybe research more?

When I was 12 and 13, I ate steak for breakfast.

Tasted far better, in 1965, than any lousy breakfast cereal...and...

That's a fact.

Also, plenty of pork chops, too, for breakfast!

Edited by GammaGlobulin