Pattaya Launches New Campaign Against Illegal Bike Parking

snoop1130

Make designated parking areas and employ a Vietnamese bloke (preferably from Ho Chi Minh City) to be in charge. Those guys can cram three bikes into the space for one. However, it would require the mandatory banning of rear-view mirrors - not really a problem as most Thais don't use them  anyway.:coffee1:

moto.jpg

• Agree 1

I don't understand the problem. Get some truck, upload the bikes and wheel them over to a guarded parking next to a police station and release these bikes against proof of ownership and a fine of 500 Baht (or higher).
Within a week the problem is solved and half a million Baht is in the piggy bank - as simple as that!

I parked my car nicely and upon leaving the car, a motorbike drove into the space between the car in front of mine and my car; switched off the engine, left the key in the lock and walked away. When I asked him to move the bike elsewhere he returned to take the ignition key along. I did my business and returned to the car; the bike as still there. So I simply rolled out the bike into the road, got into the car and drove off - leaving a honking crowd of angry car drivers behind me who we getting excited over that selfish biker leaving his bike in the street. 

Thais tend to bend and break each and every law; the biggest problem in this country is its own people on all levels 😞 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

I don't understand the problem. Get some truck, upload the bikes and wheel them over to a guarded parking next to a police station and release these bikes against proof of ownership and a fine of 500 Baht (or higher).
Within a week the problem is solved and half a million Baht is in the piggy bank - as simple as that!

I parked my car nicely and upon leaving the car, a motorbike drove into the space between the car in front of mine and my car; switched off the engine, left the key in the lock and walked away. When I asked him to move the bike elsewhere he returned to take the ignition key along. I did my business and returned to the car; the bike as still there. So I simply rolled out the bike into the road, got into the car and drove off - leaving a honking crowd of angry car drivers behind me who we getting excited over that selfish biker leaving his bike in the street. 

Thais tend to bend and break each and every law; the biggest problem in this country is its own people on all levels 😞 

I will start by saying that I have sympathy with you that the bike made it difficult to get out of the spot you parked in however from what you say it doesn't sound like he broke any laws and presumably was therefore parked legally?

If it happened then your subsequent action on leaving therefore seems more selfish to me......(if not actually dangerous.....)

2 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

I have done that many a time in Thailand, but mostly to motorbikes. A motorbike blocks me in, so even though the bike is locked I am strong enough to be able to move it out just enough for me to get my bike out then just leave it causing an obstruction on the road.

Edited by NoshowJones
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Thailand the hub of Lawless people.. 😜

My favorite is the 99.999999% of motor bike/scooter riders that are so  ******* lazy that they pull up and nose into a spot

then load up the bike with a ton of crap and have to pull it backwards ( usually with the front end dipped low at the curb ) especially the salengs...

just to get out of spot and move on 

( after moving  a couple of other nosed in scooters out of the way )

21 hours ago, Dionigi said:

South Pattaya Road outside the Kasikorn bank would be another good starting point and enforcing the odd/even day parking.

Places all over town where they are in the way. It makes being a pedestrian very difficult when you can't get across a road due to motorcycles in the way, also blocking pavements. We all have to become pedestrian at some point....

Edited by jacko45k

On 7/5/2024 at 5:22 PM, snoop1130 said:

Pattaya City unveiled a new campaign outside Terminal 21

The Chinese must be complaining about this as it's been happening in locations all over the city since I've lived here.............with nothing being done about it. In fact many years ago on beach rd to the south the motorcycle rental places were clogging up the on street parking. The city govt/police told them it was illegal so they moved all their bikes onto the footpath! TIT

On 7/6/2024 at 10:17 AM, Sydebolle said:

parked my car nicely and upon leaving the car, a motorbike drove into the space between the car in front of mine and my car; switched off the engine, left the key in the lock and walked away. When I asked him to move the bike elsewhere he returned to take the ignition key along. I did my business and returned to the car; the bike as still there. So I simply rolled out the bike into the road, got into the car and drove off - leaving a honking crowd of angry car drivers behind me who we getting excited over that selfish biker leaving his bike in the street. 

So let me translate that for you. You parked your car. A local parked his bike, unlocked, and with the key in it in front of your car. Some foreigner spoke to him in a language he didn't understand. He noticed he'd forgotten his key and retrieved it and left again, again leaving the bike unlocked. The foreigner returned some time later to find the bike still there. He pushed it out onto the road and drove off, leaving it there. People are rightfully angry with the foreigner. The local had left the bike unlocked so it could be moved if necessary. The foreigner, obviously oblivious to the local custom, becomes angry and posts something nasty about Thais on AN, instead of reparking the bike and going off thinking what a considerate Thai.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, gargamon said:

So let me translate that for you. You parked your car. A local parked his bike, unlocked, and with the key in it in front of your car. Some foreigner spoke to him in a language he didn't understand. He noticed he'd forgotten his key and retrieved it and left again, again leaving the bike unlocked. The foreigner returned some time later to find the bike still there. He pushed it out onto the road and drove off, leaving it there. People are rightfully angry with the foreigner. The local had left the bike unlocked so it could be moved if necessary. The foreigner, obviously oblivious to the local custom, becomes angry and posts something nasty about Thais on AN, instead of reparking the bike and going off thinking what a considerate Thai.

I would more likely believe he rode up on his bike and parked it without the slightest consideration or thought, got off and walked away.

• Agree 2

20 hours ago, gargamon said:

A) I am fluent in Thai
B) I asked him politely to park his bike further down
C) he replied "up to you"
D) I would have done exactly the same with a foreigner - nothing to do with race, religion or gender

• Thumbs Up 1