Unruly schoolboy allegedly bullies teacher into quitting job - video

snoop1130

2012-2024-07-05T153914.jpg

An ill-mannered eight year old schoolboy allegedly bullied his female teacher into quitting her position at a school in the southern province of Nakhon Si Thammarat.

The Nakhon Si Thammarat Journalists V.3 Facebook page shared a video of the teacher, identified only as Gift, yesterday, July 4, with a caption that read…

“The video shows a student physically assaulting his teacher. The teacher sought justice as this student put pressure on her, destroyed a chair in the classroom, threw multiple objects at her, insulted her with vulgarities, and ignored her orders.”

In the video, the unruly schoolboy in a yellow shirt, later identified as Phet, is seen pushing a plastic chair at the teacher, raising his middle fingers at her, trying to grab her mobile phone, pulling her shirt, and throwing a broomstick and papers at her.

The teacher’s friend, Berm, told Channel 8 that his friend, Gift, had already resigned from her position despite not having a new job to go to. Gift had been teaching at the school for a year but the issue began six months ago.

The impudent child, Phet, bullied Gift in multiple ways both mentally and physically. The little rascal once sneaked a condom into Gift’s bag. Gift told Berm everything, but he could not contact her now after she resigned from the school.

Phet and his family refused to be held accountable, telling Channel 8 that the boy had already apologised to the teacher. The family added they did not know why the videos were shared on social media when the issue was supposedly settled.

Phet claimed that he behaved as shown in the video because the teacher was rude both to him and to other classmates. Phet said the teacher used vulgarities while teaching and insulted students’ parents.

Channel 3 reported that a Facebook user, claiming to be Gift, commented under the video shared by the news Facebook page and asked the page to delete the video.

Each news agency was also unable to contact Gift, so no story from her side was reported.

By Petch Petpailin

Photo via Facebook/ ไพฑูรย์ อินทศิลา

Source: The Thaiger 2024-07-05

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 3
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

8 year old, and manage to bully a teacher into quitting. Not defending the boy, or his parents as they all must be totally worthless and unable to understand and take responsibility. However, really lame teacher, that have photo evidence and management to get help from who can´t solve the problem with one problem boy. Is that really the teacher we want teaching our children?

Imagine what he could do to Biden.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, watchcat said:

Well, she knows there will be an outcry in the media if she "touch" the monster.

You have been in Thailand too long? Seems like you starting to think like a local. Why would she need to touch the boy?

Send note to parents together with recorded video. If not working, talk to management and work together requesting parents to visit school office, show new video and written warning. If continue, take in for new meeting, new video another written warning with ultimatum that will expel the boy in it happens again.

No need to use violence and no need for 6 month of hell for the teacher. Would be over in just a month, one way or the other.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

My wife said that teachers in her day (late 1960's) didn't put up with any crap. The kid in question would have had the sh!t beaten out of him with a piece of bamboo (The female teacher would have asked one of the male teachers to do so), then when the parents heard about this from the teacher, more bamboo sticks at home for embarrassing them. Seemed to work a treat, as the older generation respected their elders more than this lot.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, watchcat said:

The kid has a mental disorder that should be dealt with.

Yeah, of course. Why are you talking about touching the boy then?

To address that, the parents must understand, which it does not seem like they do today. Therefore the boy must be taken out of the school. Just maybe then, the parents will understand there is a problem.

1 hour ago, Khyron said:

My wife said that teachers in her day (late 1960's) didn't put up with any crap. The kid in question would have had the sh!t beaten out of him with a piece of bamboo (The female teacher would have asked one of the male teachers to do so), then when the parents heard about this from the teacher, more bamboo sticks at home for embarrassing them. Seemed to work a treat, as the older generation respected their elders more than this lot.

Went to a concert at a school in Klong Toey 3 years ago, all the teachers were patrolling the crowd of kids with big sticks, one or two got a whack, and justified. 'Oh no it's never justified to hit a child', it is when they are being little bastards!

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I could think of at least a dozen ways to straighten this kid out, if I was his teacher it is likely he would be misbehaving for less than one day. I would put him in his place like there was no tomorrow. Shame, humiliation, or many other creative ways to tame his ridiculousness. 

Do unto others as has been done to you ?

Am sure there are more nuanced ways now to deal with this issue that don't leave lasting trauma on the kid.

He's just not been taught boundary respect and restraint.

52 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

Do unto others as has been done to you ?

Am sure there are more nuanced ways now to deal with this issue that don't leave lasting trauma on the kid.

He's just not been taught boundary respect and restraint.

I think one can be very, very strong with the child, and show them absolute boundaries, without inflicting any trauma. I'm not advocating beating the hell out of the kid, however there are many creative ways to deal with the kids psychologically, especially when the kid is completely rotten or a bully. 

If anything quite the opposite is true, and this world is entirely too lenient with children, in this day and age with the "lost art of parenting". 

I notice a couple of posters referring to the 'school management' helping to deal with the problem student.  Traditionally in Thai schools, discipline begins and ends with the teacher in the classroom.  The school administration would not appreciate being asked to deal with an undisciplined student nor would they really have any experience in doing so!

The western system of detention, probation, suspension and ultimately expulsion is unknown here.

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I could think of at least a dozen ways to straighten this kid out, if I was his teacher it is likely he would be misbehaving for less than one day. I would put him in his place like there was no tomorrow. Shame, humiliation, or many other creative ways to tame his ridiculousness. 

In a way I understand what you are saying.

But would the kid be like that if the parents would have parented him properly?

I guess the kid is behaving like that because his parents never told him to behave.

The parents are the big problem.

I don't know if there is much hope to adjust the bad behavior of the kid now. But I am pretty sure his parents won't be able, and likely won't be willing to do that.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1