ABC Full Interview Biden in Potential Make-or-Break with Stephanopoulos

5 hours ago, impulse said:

It's going to take the USA decades and $$ trillions to fix what Joe has delivered.  The sooner Trump gets started, the better.

You have my attention. Please cite what has been delivered that you see as a negative and the projected billing. You will want to include the bipartisan bill dealing with concrete needs passed by Republicans and Democrats in Congress and signed by the President.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, impulse said:

Mr Biden, to what do you attribute your massive success?

Mr Trump, do you still beat your wife and kids?

Trump's no idiot.

Yes, wise for Trump to duck as, in answering questions demanding a direct answer, he’s got nothing. Never mind the personal attacking, which I would be opposed to ( how many prostitutes have you been with in total ). Rather, would you tell us your plan for deporting immigrants, which of the Project 2025 proposals do you support. Will you truly move to replace the experienced career federal government bureaucrats? Will you declare an end to support for Ukraine? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, impulse said:

No disrespect intended, but you're living off the nugget you made 10, 20, 50 years ago.  You're insulated from the sad reality that today's job entrants are facing. 

I'm similar.  I go shopping for groceries and I may choose chicken instead of beef.  Lotsa people the choice is meat, or mac and cheese.  Inflation just pisses me off.   For a lot of people, it's an existential threat to their ability to buy food and pay rent in the same month.

Right. Life was better pre-Covid in any country, and that also includes the U. S. Nothing specific to this country and this government, and there's no evidence the other party would have done better.

As to Trump's program (if any), more tax cuts (stimulates demand and speculation) and more tariffs on imports (lead to price increaseare) are not going to cool down inflation. It will, have the opposite effect.

Edited by candide
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, impulse said:

I'm just crossing my fingers he lasts through the middle of January.  I'd rather have Bernie (either one, Sanders or the dead guy from the movie) than Kackling Kamala.

If only … Bernie gave voice to the working middle class justified frustrations/anger … just at Trump is perceived to be doing. Hugh difference was Sanders had the documented record of fighting for the middle class as opposed to Trump’s lip service and incompetence in leadership/ statesmanship. Defeat the Trump Party and I am ready to turn attention on the rich and famous in the Democrat Party. Sanders was shafted and no, I did not vote for Hillary.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

I'd add that around 90% of stocks are owned by 10% of Americans.  So that's great for the rich, who have made out even better under Biden than under Trump.  But not so good for young people who don't have significant portfolios.

I think that stat is a bit misleading. Sure there are a super rich few who own a lot of stocks but there are a lot of Americans with 401K's who have benefited. And aren't Republicans the party of hard work and benefiting yourselves by investing and taking risks. And what would Trump do about this but further limit regulations on big business so they can do what they like at the expense of the small guy and reduce taxes. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, illisdean said:

I noticed Biden deflected all four times when ABC Stephanopolous asked Biden if he would take a cognitive test. Biden would fail, no doubt about it. He's afraid to take one and having the results plastered from here to Timbuktu for all to see. It don't matter, anyone with a pulse and some pulp between the ears knows Biden's brain is a rotting decomposing pathogen now. 

For what it's worth I think Biden could easily do a cognitive test. I think it's his communication skills that are weakening rather than his ability to think as good as most people though age may be taking a bit of a toll a bit. But he needs to be better than average as he is president.

He could certainly do the one Trump did where you have to pick pictures and identify if it's a giraffe or an elephant or remember five words. Trump still talks about acing that test. What an embarrassment. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I think that stat is a bit misleading. Sure there are a super rich few who own a lot of stocks but there are a lot of Americans with 401K's who have benefited. And aren't Republicans the party of hard work and benefiting yourselves by investing and taking risks. And what would Trump do about this but further limit regulations on big business so they can do what they like at the expense of the small guy and reduce taxes. 

Here's where I got that from, rounding up from 89 to 90%.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/18/the-wealthiest-10percent-of-americans-own-a-record-89percent-of-all-us-stocks.html

Of course, a lot more people have stock in their portfolio, but normal people entering the job market don't have a portfolio.  Yet.  And there will always be some trickle down when normal peons buy the same stock as the wealthy (though in minuscule amounts).  But make no mistake, the growth in the stock market benefitted the rich under Biden. The rest of us got the crumbs.  Tasty crumbs they may have been, but crumbs.

Don't get me started on how many Biden IRA Covid bucks went to stock buybacks instead of keeping peons employed.  That's a whole 'nother rabbit hole.  But another explanation of weak job numbers and strong stock performance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Sanders was shafted and no, I did not vote for Hillary.

On that, we agree.  The Dem elite don't trust their voters with the important decisions.

But then, I also think the reason Obama picked Biden for VP instead of HRC is that he wanted to survive his term(s).

Edited by impulse
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wwest5829 said:

If only … Bernie gave voice to the working middle class justified frustrations/anger … just at Trump is perceived to be doing. Hugh difference was Sanders had the documented record of fighting for the middle class as opposed to Trump’s lip service and incompetence in leadership/ statesmanship. Defeat the Trump Party and I am ready to turn attention on the rich and famous in the Democrat Party. Sanders was shafted and no, I did not vote for Hillary.

Ah Bernie... I remember he used to rail on and on about the "millionaires and billionaires" not paying their fair share.

Until he himself became a millionaire.

Then suddenly it was JUST the "billionaires" who were evil.  

Nice guy, but one of the few people to get kicked out of a hippie commune for being too lazy to work. That takes some doing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

By the time biden has a thought, he forgets it before it passes his lips. "We finally beat Medicare"  C'mon man.

Guess some folks are impressed with someone who lies and just fabricates whatever he wants to hear,I’m more into folks who think before they speak and who have achieved success in their plans that have benefited the country not just themselves 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, poobear said:

Yes I checked my stocks today. 

Index Funds    80% Stocks      20% Bonds

Up $200,866 in the last two years  about  38%

How much if that was money put in monthly also any company match? All I am saying it's okay but if you had around $400k and it is now around $600k it has about the same purchasing  power. At least you are staying ahead many people aren't. I have done quite a bit better than that in individual stocks with tech and chips as my core positions. However it was my plan to sell some off along the way and buy real estate and now that's isn't  a good idea. 

Less than ten stocks represent the majority of the entire market gains. Those that saw AI and tech would lead benefited. Index funders are almost flat when you add inflation. Also i hope that is in a Roth or you can take off the taxes as well for the equities anyway. Also what happened the prior two years? I see the people on business news say a stock as at a 52 week high and that sounds great but it can still be below it's all time high.  There was a big pull back around two years ago.

In perspective that condo down south, boat or whatever you wanted in retirement is costing as much or more than those gains. 

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

There is still a small window of opportunity for Joe to see reality and drop out with a successful legacy becoming the respected elder statesman of the party under a new leader. He's got to listen to those outside his inner circle. 

Reality has long passed this guy by. What's with these Yanks in public service being so extremely narcissistic/greedy. I thought no one could ever top RBG when she stuck around on the bench in her 80s, with multiple cancers, just so that Trump could replace her with a religious fundamentalist. Someone needs to pull the plug on him.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, pegman said:

I thought no one could ever top RBG when she stuck around on the bench in her 80s, with multiple cancers, just so that Trump could replace her with a religious fundamentalist. Someone needs to pull the plug on him.

From NY Times 05 JULY 2024:

Mark Buell, a prominent donor for Mr. Biden and the Democratic Party who had raised questions about the president’s performance at the debate, said in a text message that “Biden is on a slide that he is trying to curb. If he isn’t successful, he may soon become a verb.”

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Tug said:

Guess some folks are impressed with someone who lies and just fabricates whatever he wants to hear,I’m more into folks who think before they speak and who have achieved success in their plans that have benefited the country not just themselves 

AGAIN and again and again... this is about joe and his mental capacity not anything else... is joe fit to be acting president is the question... you are so blinded by your hatred that you and your fellow democrats cannot be honest about the question at hand... "IS joe aware?

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, pegman said:

Reality has long passed this guy by. What's with these Yanks in public service being so extremely narcissistic/greedy. I thought no one could ever top RBG when she stuck around on the bench in her 80s, with multiple cancers, just so that Trump could replace her with a religious fundamentalist. Someone needs to pull the plug on him.

Apparently, he only listens to his wife Jill. 

I kind of get it.

He's come back miraculously before.

Namely in his first nomination fight where he was written off as over before South Carolina.

But you can't count on miracles when it comes to the ravages of age.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/7/2024 at 8:35 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

AGAIN and again and again... this is about joe and his mental capacity not anything else... is joe fit to be acting president is the question... you are so blinded by your hatred that you and your fellow democrats cannot be honest about the question at hand... "IS joe aware?

Its real that hatred. Theres no amount

of traditional values , the political right could bring back to America that would satisfy 

the bird chucking leftest !

The messaging ,their democracy is on the ballot , Their quest for power and control through (lawfare) corruption ,

Political action groups and control of the media is a very serious problem and extremely difficult to succumb !

God bless traditional values!

On 7/6/2024 at 3:31 PM, Fat is a type of crazy said:

For what it's worth I think Biden could easily do a cognitive test. I think it's his communication skills that are weakening rather than his ability to think as good as most people though age may be taking a bit of a toll a bit. But he needs to be better than average as he is president.

He could certainly do the one Trump did where you have to pick pictures and identify if it's a giraffe or an elephant or remember five words. Trump still talks about acing that test. What an embarrassment. 

Biden has no choice now. He tried to resurrect his campaign with the debate where he got humiliated and outed as a cognitive mess and then with his lackluster interview with ABC his handlers thinking they can hide his decline by managed appearances and scheduled not only the ABC sitdown with fluffy questions by George Stephanopoulos, but followed it up with local radio interviews. The hosts of those radio shows revealed to CNN that “the questions were scripted and provided by the White House.

Biden's refusing to take a cognitive test, a decision his team apparently supports and which likely NOW is the only means to persuade those who have seen him that our eyes deceive us and he’s really fit for the highest office. Biden's mental decline is not fake AI generated hoaxes as claimed recently by the WH. If Biden was confident he could pass a cognitive test and/or fake the results he would have done so already, he has not. Thats VERY telling.

Its over for Biden now, he cannot be on the ticket, question now is who replaces him.

I think Trump took and aced the Montreal cognitive test. Try it, see where you fit cognitively. 

https://www.mocacognition.com/the-moca-test/ 

• Thanks 1