When you get the cancer will stay here or go back?

Just now, mokwit said:

Yes I am aware that there is a view that processed food is a contributor, particularly with bowel cancer, but it is not a clear cut case that if you don't eat processed food you won't get cancer. I hadn't eaten processed food for 30 years.

Cancer is basically caused by mitochondria going haywire. That’s just a short version dont quote me. But it is the cause. When you fast your body ends up using things like your mitochondria for energy… and guess what, this happened to our ancestors because they went long periods of time without food. Unlike us. You’re essentially getting brand new mitochondria when you fast. It would be akin to getting a new motor in a car or something similar. Cancer is big business do the first thing one must do to avoid cancer is stop listening to doctors and government. 

Personally, I believe if one is active. Like really active, say idk bike riding everyday. Cant go a day without it. Eats only cooked meals with meats, vegetables and fruits. This is a huge one because since I’ve started this I’ve estimated it takes about 3 hours a day to cook everything yourself. Who does that? Nobody. That’s who. And does the fasting… so forgive me for jumping all over but 1) active outdoors daily (everything else is back burner; everyday! This is your health we’re talking about here), 2) food, cook everything, no dairy. None of this bs that people think is good. So many people think they’ve swapped to a good diet and they are eating so plate <deleted>e 3) fasting, every now and again go idk 4-5 days and don’t eat. I don’t think anyone is getting cancer if they do all that, myself. Prove me wrong idk that’s just what I think. And it’s never too late to start. And if you have cancer you should definitely be fasting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cancer isn't a one size fits all. It ranges from the fairly benign, to the 'Oh fu***k I'm gonna die' variety.

Now in the West health care tends to operate in a fairly tight range, from good to bad.

In Thailand that range is huge.

Serious cancer treatment at a local Government hospital is going to be appalling, versus a top tier private hospital where you will pay big time

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

29 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

It’s easy. Don’t eat processed food. Fast occasionally. Do some research. Stop listening to government:corporations about diet. Oh and going outside doesn’t hurt. Active outdoors best. But it seems some of this should be common sense to me idk 

certainly exercise and eating healthy has got to lower risk

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Go back to where?

A hospital back home so that I can live longer - in that hospital or in a cold country with lots of ugly women?

I prefer here, even if I die earlier. At least not in the cold and with an ugly nurse next to me.

nintchdbpict000343183005.jpg?strip=all&q

I had to laugh at this. It reminds me of a long stay in hospital in Australia when I was in my 20s after a motorcycle accident. A nurse resembling your photo used to terrorize me over the slightest complaint.

Edited by JensenZ
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Go back to where?

A hospital back home so that I can live longer - in that hospital or in a cold country with lots of ugly women?

I prefer here, even if I die earlier. At least not in the cold and with an ugly nurse next to me.

fOUhY382_4x.jpeg

Have had a few stints in Thai hospitals over the years.

Can confirm many nurses look like this !

I have a standing visit to my doc every 6 weeks... 3 nurses that cared for me in ICU... I take them to lunch when iam there.

Edited by Ralf001

From 1974

Sport: Walton: Basketball’s Vegetarian Tiger

FEBRUARY 25, 1974 12:00 AM EDT
Oregon State was coming to town for an important game, so U.C.L.A. Center Bill Walton prepared in typical fashion. He began each day with his regular breakfast diet of yogurt, cottage cheese, nuts, cereal, raisins, seeds and honey. He rode his ten-speed bicycle to the beach and contemplated the Pacific. He took his weekly acupuncture treatment: needles in the ears or legs to relieve pain from tendinitis in his knees.

https://time.com/archive/6816999/sport-walton-basketballs-vegetarian-tiger/

(Bill) Walton died from colorectal cancer at his home in San Diego, on May 27, 2024, at the age of 71.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Walton

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is what I like about Aseannow , all the happy ,carefree posts, or the nosey

ones ,asking personal questions ,maybe the question should have been "IF" you

get cancer , not everyone is going to get it , hopefully me and you ....

regards Worgeordie

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

not everyone is going to get it , hopefully me and you ....

Er would you like to correct that worgeordie?

Edited by Moonlover

3 minutes ago, 2ndhomepattaya said:

Personally, I think that if you have cancer diagnosis with stage 4 it's pretty pointless operating as only the hospital benefits. 

Agree 100%.

Already have in place the means to self euthanise for when the time comes.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I read somewhere that in (western world) hospitals they do everything so that you live a little longer and die as healthy as you can.

Bland food, no wine, no cigarettes, rest as much as you can, etc.

Food in Thai hospitals is just as crap.

when the doc gave the nod for me to start back on solids they were serving me bland crap rice porridge and other rancid sh!te I do not know what it was.

I complained that the food was horrendous and doing nothing for me to rebuild muscle, Doc then told me I can eat what ever I want but what was served is what SS covered but had a nurse give me the hospital menu to buy my own, tried a few dishes.... nada, all bland terrible sh!te.

Complained again, Doc then told me I can eat whatever I want and that various food delivery services delivered to the hospital, an hour later I was eating Pizza for lunch !

Edited by Ralf001
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

For those considering social services when back in the UK i.e residential care, it costs £7k a month if you have money, they will use any assets you have, the reason i know is my parents have moved into care so £14k a month

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

For those considering social services when back in the UK i.e residential care, it costs £7k a month if you have money, they will use any assets you have, the reason i know is my parents have moved into care so £14k a month

Is that the same as being in an elderly home?

My parents had been in an elderly home for the last 4-5 years of their life, and the cost was 1800 Euro per person

5 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

Is that the same as being in an elderly home?

My parents had been in an elderly home for the last 4-5 years of their life, and the cost was 1800 Euro per person

Yes elderly home, people in the UK don't realise how expensive it is, one has Parkinson's and one dementia so adds to the costs. Planning for this eventuality is as important as the cancer one

£ 14 k / month is scandalous ! Better to spend everything in Thailand and go back to the UK penniless and get everything for free , or throw away your pp and arrive in a small boat and claim asylum and get luxury accomodation and priority healthcare .

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Good question and it hits hard as today was the Funeral of a Friend who died of Cancer. He beat prostate cancer, but he finally lost the fight against Skin Cancer.

To answer your question, I will be staying here, as my whole family is also here.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes elderly home, people in the UK don't realise how expensive it is, one has Parkinson's and one dementia so adds to the costs. Planning for this eventuality is as important as the cancer one

Not the UK but it cost me 600k to put my mum in a care home, luckily her pension covers the monthly expenses.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, xylophone said:

You never know: even the best laid plans.......

image.jpeg.507c33833105f6ef016e7609e8c31772.jpeg

Milk, coffee, whole grains 😂 

it reminds me of the people that start to clean their life up and stop eating pizza and drinking beer and move to yogurt with granola on it and corn flakes. Yet the diet is horrible. And way processed. Stuff we have no business eating. And people respond with stuff like “but it’s sugar free yogurt” 😂 oh wow. Where to begin. Anything processed and “enriched” or run through and factory is most likely very bad for you. Hate to break it to everyone. 

diets are hard work. It’s just like anything… if you want to be a good tennis player you’d likely have to play everyday for about 5 years and have a natural inclination perhaps. With diets people see a YouTube video made by a hack and they think they have it figured day 1. Or they listen to their doctor, which is the worst thing you can do. Look at the food in the hospital for christs sake. Do you think they care?! 

so yeah, 5 years of studying everyday and maybe you’re getting close to a decent diet after coming across a few people who actually know what they are talking about and aren’t paid shills, and then self experimenting on what works and what doesn’t. Hint: nobody actually does the 5 years

Edited by Robert Paulson
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1