Different 100 bahts note

1 hour ago, Max_Headroom said:

Thanks. I've heard of it or rather seen it online in searches I've made. Do you know if the guy that owns this is Australian? I might have met him ten years back.

The owner is pure Thai, Mr. Vitoon Eurtivong.  Started from a small shop. Probably in his 40s-50s. Big fellow at least in circumference. Nice approachable fellow.  

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2024 at 4:37 AM, Aforek said:

Hello, 

My bank gave me a bundle of 100 new 100 bahts notes and in the bundle I found a note with the usual designs, except that it is yellow-gold, not the usual colors

I  showed it to Thai people  around me and no one has ever seen a note like that

was there a commemoration?

IMG_20240709_031619.jpg

Awhile back there are announment of slight changes in the bank on security watermark...to fight fake notes..."Gold to silver or Silver to Gold" firstly the Monetary authority needs time to replace the old notes...most  importantly, if the notes are given by a Govt.approved bank..it can't be fake....Never happen...

2 hours ago, Max_Headroom said:

I doubt these will be worth anything but unc + sequential numbers a plus.

Are you a collector?

No and I doubt that they are of any value when you find them in a pack from the bank.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Grusa said:

Then there's the Dog Pound. 

And Pounding as in crushing eg spices.  Or a song has a Pounding beat. 

Edited by KannikaP
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Max_Headroom said:

Yes, I had a look at the site. Not easy to sort out bc there are many additional sites that appear to be by year / auction. Lots of Thai stuff mainly.

There's also an auction house in HKG Spinks or something like that. Probably SNG as well

You can click on previous auctions and it will bring up several years. Got a lot of nice notes from the Spinks auctions 

On 7/9/2024 at 6:08 AM, ezzra said:

Thai treasury department print and mint new design banknotes and coins like on a daily basis, (mainly commemorative coins)

myself as a collector of Thai coins and banknotes has already gave up on following what are the new coins/banknotes that are 

going to be minted today...

I may be wrong? BUT, I believe the UK Royal Mint produce the Thai coins. If not now, they certainly did so up to a short time ago?

53 minutes ago, rabas said:

The owner is pure Thai, Mr. Vitoon Eurtivong.  Started from a small shop. Probably in his 40s-50s. Big fellow at least in circumference. Nice approachable fellow.  

Met him a few times at his auctions, great guy, we are still friends on social media

• Like 1

this same serie of note with 'auspicious' serial number are being sold over face value at 180.- doubt there's many takers

https://www.stampsac.com/product/7181/ธนบัตร-100-บาท-บรมราชาภิเษก-ร-10-หมวดs-9s-9หน้า-9กลาง-หายาก

past commemorative note take decades to get any value

spacer.png

Edited by digbeth
  • Like 1

Nothing strange , they most likely ran out of the correct ink , so just used

what they had to hand, like when they are wiring a house, Where out of blue

wire , ok just use the purple one , it's in the ceiling no one will see it..

regards wortgeordie

• Thumbs Up 2

18 hours ago, Baht Simpson said:

They were commemorative notes issued a few years ago. They actually issued some of them at atms. I've got a whole bunch of them in sequential numbers and mint condition. I'll hold on to them.

Give ya 100 🛁 for one🤣

• Haha 2

Does this mean that I am now rich beyond my wildest dreams???  As someone said, I got 40 of them out of an ATM some years ago, but I've only got 10 left.  I presume that as they start with the serial number 9 it's probably lucky.

20240710_102057s.jpg

25 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

I've got these in sequential number order.

I originally thought they would be nice as birthday presents but to be honest I put them in my safe and forgot I had them. I'll just keep them. image.thumb.jpeg.5d344a785d1de0c5b12e302f0035b1bb.jpeg

My BD is in November🥳

• Haha 1

Of course it's a specimen : mine  is not

for plurial form of nouns in Thai language, can you give an exemple in Thai ? 

I can read Thai and I have never seen it, for me no plurial in Thai language, they use the word "lai " to express "many" 

• Confused 1

On 7/9/2024 at 7:42 AM, owl sees all said:
On 7/9/2024 at 7:35 AM, Ralf001 said:

They did not dissolve, likely they went into her pocket for safe keeping.

You are probably right there Ralf.

It has happened before, but with the older notes, I thought they just disintegrated.

The older issue notes don't disintegrate if washed, either, unless they were so battered that they were going to disintegrate anyway.

On 7/10/2024 at 7:23 AM, Ralf001 said:

I don't think The Thai language has a plural form on nouns.

I answered this post, and yes Thai language has no plurial 

บาท  is always บาท 

On 7/10/2024 at 7:07 PM, Aforek said:

Of course it's a specimen : mine  is not

for plurial form of nouns in Thai language, can you give an exemple in Thai ? 

I can read Thai and I have never seen it, for me no plurial in Thai language, they use the word "lai " to express "many" 

In Isaan we use 'yu yu'.

On 7/9/2024 at 9:32 PM, Tropicalevo said:

Many Thais are collecting old notes with HM the king Rama 9 on them.

He was well loved.

Anything less than a 500 baht note is as rare as hen's teeth now.

My wife also collects "his" coins. Hard though this may well be for certain members of the Thai-bashing brigade on here to accept, their motivation for doing this is borne not out of financial avarice but instead pure love, as you appear to imply.