Retirement extension paperwork required?

3 minutes ago, Tod Daniels said:

Keep in mind there are OVER 80 immigration offices in the country
AND
I always recommend that people go to their immigration office and get the hand out specific to that office

This is a GENERAL list <- meaning it is NOT immigration office specific BUT it covers most of the required documentation, copies, etc you need

Retirement.png

I go to Jomtien (Pattaya) office.

7 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I go to Jomtien (Pattaya) office.

Then that's the office you should go to so you can get the hand out listing the requirements for that particular office 😉 

I posted a general list which works at most places most of the time. Your mileage may vary 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

I always go overly prepared, two photo copies of everything as I once was asked for two copies of relevant pp pages, an anomaly but it can happen again.

• Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

Keep in mind there are OVER 80 immigration offices in the country
AND
I always recommend that people go to their immigration office and get the hand out specific to that office

This is a GENERAL list <- meaning it is NOT immigration office specific BUT it covers most of the required documentation, copies, etc you need

Retirement.png

Does this say how early I can do my extension?

Edited by giddyup

21 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

But his OP says he must do it within a week. Fancy leaving it til the last few days. And not knowing what is required, its been on here countless times.

My mistake, it's not due until the 26th of this month.. I was also asking if any changes had been made to requirements.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Also see my own very recent very good experience at the new re vamped Jomtien Immigration dept:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Also see my own very recent very good experience at the new re vamped Jomtien Immigration dept:

Did you have to submit a TM30? As I said previously I have never submitted one in 14 years, just a copy of my partners ID and a copy of the housebook.

14 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Did you have to submit a TM30? As I said previously I have never submitted one in 14 years, just a copy of my partners ID and a copy of the housebook.

A long long time ago and only the once.

I think the photocopy of the ID of the person in the house book and copy of said house book is sufficient assuming its the same one as before.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Pattaya City Expats Club has checklists on their website for documents required. They should be complete, but remember that the Immigration Officer can sometimes require something in addition.  I use the 65k baht per month method and used that checklist. All were accepted an nothing additional was required.  

The Jomtien Immigration Office now requires you to show evidence that you have a TM.30 on file - if you cannot provide the evidence, they will most likely require you to file a new one.  I did a TM.30 early his year upon moving to a new residence. I included a copy of the TM.30 receipt with my documents and noted that the Immigration Officer looked it over and used his marker to highlight some of the information shown on it (likewise on other documents submitted).

The PCEC's checklist can be found here: https://pcec.club/CHECKLISTS-Extensions-of-Stay

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, giddyup said:

Have to do my retirement extension in a week, what do I have to provide in the way of paperworks, ie bank letter, photos etc?

Retirement extension for what visa?

• Confused 2