Biden Highlights NATO's Strength and Commitment to Ukraine in Historic Speech

21 minutes ago, CharlieKo said:

Actually Blackrock has bought a lot of Ukrainian land!

From what I have heard they already have contracts in place for rebuilding Ukraine.  Nice non compete awards, must be nice.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, CharlieKo said:

No, they want Russian resources, But to get them they need to beat Russia. For some reason the US thought Ukraine was strong enough to do that. 

Resources is one thing, but the main reason is the Ukrainian President decided to stay, and not flee, thats the reason this war have been going on for more than two years now. if he had fleeed, Ukraine would had been in same state as Georgia. New landboarder and a puppet government, and valuable resources for the west, had been lost. What is right or wrong, can only the future tell. I feel with the Ukrainian boys, girls and men and women at the frontline, and everybody else in Ukraine who suffer from this war because it is just for land and resources and the balance between forces, sacrifying human lifes and mental health for generations to come

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dhupverg said:

From what I have heard they already have contracts in place for rebuilding Ukraine.  Nice non compete awards, must be nice.

It's nice from Russia to destroy so much Ukrainian assets, in order to allow U.S. companies to rebuild Ukraine. 😀

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Tug said:

I watched it.It was a fine strong presidential speech clear concise and to the point.it certainly wasn’t a president barging onto a stage shoving other leaders and making demands like the previous guy.More about unity mutual support and the support of democracy.

Really more about unity? How is it that calling the secretary of nato an “intellectual wigger” unifying?

Edited by novacova
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

I feel with the Ukrainian boys, girls and men and women at the frontline, and everybody else in Ukraine who suffer from this war because it is just for land and resources and the balance between forces,

But they said this war was about "freedom and democracy"  that evil Hitler Putin is going to take over Europe unless stopped by those brave Ukrainian defenders  as such we should all throw billions of Dollars/Euros/Pounds in armaments and other supplies  else we'll all be speaking Russian..  no ???

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Supporting democracy is a fine idea, but I wonder why NATO is supporting Ukraine? 

because demented war-monger and greedy Joe proclaimed that he knows Putin's plans.

also so-called "support" is very lucrative business by supplying weapons with markup of up to 400% for IOU letters based on natural resources.

btw, Jens was giggling like a girl when Joe was attaching that cross in his neck. Yuck!

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, johng said:

But they said this war was about "freedom and democracy"  that evil Hitler Putin is going to take over Europe unless stopped by those brave Ukrainian defenders  as such we should all throw billions of Dollars/Euros/Pounds in armaments and other supplies  else we'll all be speaking Russian..  no ???

The war is because Russia feared they would be cut off from the valuable resources in Ukraine, and a president who worked for tighter ties with the west and also serously worked for Nato membership. 

That brings the worst out of Putin because he was loosing the battle against the democratic free west economicle and future security of resourches outsiden his borders. This is solely the only reason to invade other countries and risk it all.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

because demented war-monger and greedy Joe proclaimed that he knows Putin's plans.

also so-called "support" is very lucrative business by supplying weapons with markup of up to 400% for IOU letters based on natural resources.

btw, Jens was giggling like a girl when Joe was attaching that cross in his neck. Yuck!

I guess he was proud of himself, and being the shy guy he is, a bit overwhelming attention. 

He have done a great job for Nato, nobody can take that away from him, as well handled Trump well or as the best he could. Trump seemed happy about him, and still talking about him in his speaches. 

10 minutes ago, Hummin said:

The war is because Russia feared they would be cut off from the valuable resources in Ukraine,

Ahh I think you got that 180 degrees backwards  reference the recent statement by Linsey Graham

11 minutes ago, Hummin said:

serously worked for Nato membership. 

Well yes that was/is one of Russia's red lines  no NATO for Ukraine  who should remain neutral/independent  as a buffer zone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, johng said:

Ahh I think you got that 180 degrees backwards  reference the recent statement by Linsey Graham

Well yes that was/is one of Russia's red lines  no NATO for Ukraine  who should remain neutral/independent  as a buffer zone.

well, there was no intention from Nato´s side to let them in as a partner, and those reasons is many and complex, as well there was no intention to feed them wit high tech weapons either, because of unstability, corruption, priveate armies. Cia had a long report on the critical issues, and why Ombama did not feed them with weapons, which Donald easily overooked. 

The war would eventiually happenend no matter which president, and Crimea is an important strategic island for Russia for their shipping as well strategic for military reasons. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Hummin said:

The war is because Russia feared they would be cut off from the valuable resources in Ukraine, and a president who worked for tighter ties with the west and also serously worked for Nato membership. 

That brings the worst out of Putin because he was loosing the battle against the democratic free west economicle and future security of resourches outsiden his borders. This is solely the only reason to invade other countries and risk it all.  

In particular as, thanks to Putin's incompetence, Russia's GDP didn't grow at all between 2012 and 2022, and its population also decreased by 1m pop. during the Covid pandemic. More resources were acutely needed, including human resources.

It was also a good way to distract attention from real problems before the election.

https://www.macrotrends.net/global-metrics/countries/RUS/russia/gdp-gross-domestic-product

2 minutes ago, candide said:

In particular as, thanks to Putin's incompetence, Russia's GDP didn't grow at all between 2012 and 2022, and its population also decreased by 1m pop. during the Covid pandemic. More resources were acutely needed, including human resources.

It was also a good way to distract attention from real problems before the election.

https://www.macrotrends.net/global-metrics/countries/RUS/russia/gdp-gross-domestic-product

There is many ways to Rome, no doubt about it, and what could really happening attacking Kiev? Zelensky run away, some embargoes for the next decades or two, and thats it. 

While he would had his hands of the biggest grain exportation and willingly giving some hungry countries some good deals in return of other resources. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

Some of this sounds right out of the Ron Burgundy movie (2004):

HELEN (leaning in) Well here's some information that you can choose to use or not use. Ron Burgundy will read anything that's put on that teleprompter. And I mean anything.

i wonder how many will get that reference. nice one

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Reading through this particular thread I find the strongest criticism of  Biden’s speech and NATO are from sketchy foreign influencers precisely as predicted by our national security,if it walks like a duck quacks like a duck it’s a duck no doubt about it personally I keep that in mind…

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tug said:

Reading through this particular thread I find the strongest criticism of  Biden’s speech and NATO are from sketchy foreign influencers precisely as predicted by our national security,if it walks like a duck quacks like a duck it’s a duck no doubt about it personally I keep that in mind…

there was nothing wrong with the speech. There is a whole lot wrong with the guy who gave it. Sometimes you are so scattered i don't even know what your point is. Is it your contention that Biden is fine and should stay the course?

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, CharlieKo said:

Actually Blackrock has bought a lot of Ukrainian land!

US companies have land holdings throughout the world so I don't understand what point you are trying to make.

• Agree 2

55 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

there was nothing wrong with the speech. There is a whole lot wrong with the guy who gave it. Sometimes you are so scattered i don't even know what your point is. Is it your contention that Biden is fine and should stay the course?

We all wish the candidates were younger but that being said if the choice is between trump or Biden I’m 100% without one nanosecond of hesitation for Biden over trump 

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, Purdey said:

I think his NATO speech could prove important in rallying member countries. Most people look at Russia having to cross Europe before attacking the USA. However, Russia, at its closest, is just 53 miles from the USA (see any map) and there are risks to the USA when Canada, a NATO member, has refused to increase military spending. If the USA withdraws from NATO later, it could face a Russian invasion on its northern flank.

Then again, maybe overthinking this.

It's not possible for Russia to assemble an invasion force without the US being aware of it, and they would be waiting for them. An invasion force is most vulnerable in transit.

Does Russia even have the ability to invade the US- I doubt it.

45 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's not possible for Russia to assemble an invasion force without the US being aware of it, and they would be waiting for them. An invasion force is most vulnerable in transit.

Does Russia even have the ability to invade the US- I doubt it.

They won’t directly invade us but they will and are doing their best to harm and divide us.they are also trying to get the worst president in our history re elected no doubt about it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/10/2024 at 6:46 AM, Tug said:

I watched it.It was a fine strong presidential speech clear concise and to the point.it certainly wasn’t a president barging onto a stage shoving other leaders and making demands like the previous guy.More about unity mutual support and the support of democracy.

From the posted story: "Biden's speech highlighted his efforts to strengthen and expand NATO, one of the notable accomplishments of his presidency". 

Total carp. Sweden and Finland had a long-standing preference for neutrality, which changed only due to Putin's invasion.

On 7/10/2024 at 7:54 AM, sqwakvfr said:

When he speaks from a script he is fine.  When he is asked question or is challenged then "the wheels fall of the bus". So any guy who can read from a teleprompter can be POTUS now?  To be fair Ronald Reagan was in a similar state in his last two years in office.  I know for a fact that after he left office he and Nancy lived in Brentwood Ca and his secret service detail was more like caretakers then a protective detail.  Reagan liked to take walks at a nearby park and looked to be in a very sad state of decline. 

Biden gave an impromptu speech yesterday at the AFL-CIO, and was pretty good. I suspect he has the occasional bad day, but Trump has bad days every day.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Biden gave an impromptu speech yesterday at the AFL-CIO, and was pretty good. I suspect he has the occasional bad day, but Trump has bad days every day.

He just had another bad at his NATO press conference.  The President of Ukraine is?? HIs current VP is?  He said Putin and Trump   Speeches for a politician with over 50 years experience are not difficult.  I realize NATO has a lot of members now and confusing the leaders of all it's members could be challenging but confusing Putin with Zelensky????  Also, last time I checked his VP is Harris.  Not a good luck in front of the world media and in front of our allies.  I can imagime Zelensky probably thinking "we have to win by November". 

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

He just had another bad at his NATO press conference.  The President of Ukraine is?? HIs current VP is?  He said Putin and Trump   Speeches for a politician with over 50 years experience are not difficult.  I realize NATO has a lot of members now and confusing the leaders of all it's members could be challenging but confusing Putin with Zelensky????  Also, last time I checked his VP is Harris.  Not a good luck in front of the world media and in front of our allies.  I can imagime Zelensky probably thinking "we have to win by November". 

We are at the stage now, where Biden's usual gaffes are magnified.

But here's a question for you: how many such gaffes does it take to disqualify a candidate?

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

We are at the stage now, where Biden's usual gaffes are magnified.

But here's a question for you: how many such gaffes does it take to disqualify a candidate?

No actual number to disqualify but does he look like he will be even alive tomorrow.  Everytime he freezes and has that blank stare look it almost seems like he was about to have a stroke.  But the gaffes are becoming more frequent and becoming a pattern. When you lose the support of even George Clooney then is the "show over"?  

Lastly he seems to confuse the fact that "many corporations are in Delaware" does not mean they are actually in his home state.  Joe and Janet Yellen (Treasury Secretary) both look like they escaped from a nursing home.  

Edited by sqwakvfr