Painting a concrete drive

battersea

I have recently git a carport built and the floor looks a bit sad. The size is 5m by 14m long.

Does anyone know what to use to paint a concrete floor. I have heard they can be quite slippy after being painted !

Any recommendations would be helpful including types of paint , methods and ways to keep the floor from going green...I am in the styx !

I painted my work room with two part epoxy. It seems to be extremely durable. But I can imagine it can get slippery while wet (no problem indoors).

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/toa-100-2-epoxy-coating-toa-floorguard-100-part-ab-3785-i4378851938-s17443601149.html

For outside concrete I'm currently considering this product "Skid Grip Anti-Slip Coating", but I didn't try it yet and I can't seem to find it for sell (or alternative) in a Thailand.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/toa-100-2-epoxy-coating-toa-floorguard-100-part-ab-3785-i4378851938-s17443601149.html

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, AnotherOneHere said:

I painted my work room with two part epoxy. It seems to be extremely durable. But I can imagine it can get slippery while wet (no problem indoors).

There are materials that you cast over the epoxy before it hardens (sand is one) that are specifically designed to sop it becoming too slippery when wet.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, battersea said:

I have recently git a carport built and the floor looks a bit sad. The size is 5m by 14m long.

Does anyone know what to use to paint a concrete floor. I have heard they can be quite slippy after being painted !

Any recommendations would be helpful including types of paint , methods and ways to keep the floor from going green...I am in the styx !

Mix sand in to the paint or epoxy, problem solved, or just coat the driveway and add sand as you go

Thank you everybody,,,once again some great advice from some very helpful people...thank you all very very much....i now know what to do !

I was lost...now i am found !

On 7/10/2024 at 5:09 PM, novacova said:

Two part epoxy paint, mix a little bit of sand in the paint

- clean the surface with muriatic/hydrochloric acid. 

- 1st paint coat should be 80% thinners/20% pigment mix

- 2nd coat normal