Makro vs GO Wholesale - What is your favourite?

18 minutes ago, thainet said:

You do post some BS at times, but I think these latest posts above are some of your worst yet.

Unbelievable that someone is still using nearly 10 year old Android software. Most Bank apps need at least v11 or v12 to work correctly. Oh well each to their own.

Well, I was actually...writing "from the heart".

I don't have the money to waste on buying a new smartphone when my Note4 still works fine, mechanically.

I am sure that there are many like me who feel just as I.

You are correct that Marshmallow, as is, represents a security nightmare.

However, I still believe there must be a cheaper solution, rather than buying a new phone.

I do NOT use a phone for much of anything, other than to send a few text messages using LINE and WeChat.

I rarely go out, except  for exercise, and walking in the beautiful surroundings of my home.

For walking, I use a Galaxy S3, which is in perfect condition, for ANKI use, and also for listening to Thai language tapes.

My NOTE4 is used only for Line and WeChat.

I cannot justify spending USD1200.00 just so I can use a BankApp for shopping.

What I would like is some sort of 3rd Party app which would interface with my Thai Bank.

But, I am fairly uninformed about Thai Banking Apps and Regulations, as you have rightly pointed out.

I also have heard about some Swiss Banking Apps which are very good and secure.

But, I wonder if these would work with Thai Banks, and I have no idea, and I should research this question.

For example, here are a few Swiss Banking Apps and ratings:

image.png.7fb2979246535b72a3880ef22a76b002.png

https://fintechnews.ch/virtual-banking/the-best-rated-mobile-banking-apps-in-switzerland/69780/#:~:text=In fact%2C the two highest,Zurcher Kantonalbank and Luzerner Kantonalbank.

My main stumbling block is that the Browser-Based internet banking app offered by my Thai Bank is almost impossible to install, and I think that they know it, too.

Their phone app works well.

But, I have already given up on the bank's browser-based app for desktop computer use.

It seems a shame to me that there is not some alternative, some third-party app which is well designed and secure, and easy to use, AND will interface with my Thai bank.

Do you know of any?

In the end, if I cannot use internet banking, then so be it.

I will just continue to shop at Lotus and TOPS, and be happy in Thailand.

Things could be a heck of a lot worse, after all.....

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I know a guy who seems to make a science out of the different big shopping places.

According to him it is often wrong to say this brand is better or that brand. It seems there are huge differences in each "shop". Some have a good management, and everything is well organized, fresh, etc. And others have a bad management - independent of the brand.

Personally, I can confirm this with Villa Market. There are huge differences in the management. 

Yes.

As I also stated.

I like to shop at TOPS for the TOPS tuna.

But, I will ONLY shop at two locations where I know the managers.

And, the manager of the store always makes a huge difference in the feel of the store.

I have known one of the managers for over 10 years. That's a long time!

I like to shop at stores where I know the people serving me.

Also, they like to laugh at my laughable passa Thai, which, in turn...

Makes me even happier.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Ok 2 people have asked what GO is? Now I am the 3rd. Can somebody please speak out!

There is a hint in the post directly above yours that you seem to have ignored.

image.png.56efe0cfc34fb274bbd3c0cee0f903aa.png

so my question about which store is better has turned into a conversation about processed food, peanut butter and that you can't use credit cards at makro, which is known since years.... 🙄

And besides the mentioned better fish and seafood selection at GO, their bakery has more items.

But it is also a gamble because most Thais don't know a bagel or focaccia, so they stand three or four days in the store.

Last time I bought baguette and focaccia that was hard as a brick and totally dried out.....

Makro bakery just does the things that have high selling volume such as toast, sandwich bread, sweet buns, etc.

In my opinion any Makro with a bakery attached (inside the store)  has very good burger and hot dog buns