How Do I Get A Mirrored Image From Laptop To Smart TV.

Mason45

The other day I worked out how to to get a mirrored image from my laptop to my smart TV. I enjoy using it as I can watch the football, horse racing and greyhounds from overseas when I have a bet, using a VPN. My problem is I never opened my smart TV for a few days and now I can't open the mirrored image on my smart TV. When I open my laptop and I go to settings > blue tooth etc It shows my laptop in devices but it won't open. May I add I tried this on another laptop and it worked. I closed that laptop and when I logged on again the same thing happened to that laptop too. Anyone got any ideas?

Make sure you are still on the same wifi network.

Try casting from the browser instead of mirroring

Sometimes using a VPN blocks mirroring.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Make sure you are still on the same wifi network.

Yeah, this is the issue with using a VPN. 

Your PC is on a "different" network, in another country, while your TV is on your local LAN.

There are workarounds of course, I use a Chromecast with Google TV attached to my TV, and run a VPN client (Nord) on that device. It works well. I use that to connect to Netflix in the U.S. for movies (mostly) that are not available here, yet (theatrical commitments).

You can't cast a Chrome screen for the same reason.

You could connect the PC and TV via HDMI, Display Port or DSUB/DVI cable, and then direct the display to the TV (usually a function key).

What is the make/model of your TV? You may be able to run a VPN client on it, natively.

Apple TV.
Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick.
Roku.
Google Chromecast.
Android TV.
Nvidia Shield.

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1