Foreigner and Thai woman get into heated argument on BTS (video)

12 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

glad to f@cking hear it  now if you will excuse me I have to get back to the real world     Jesus is that the f@cking time already

As an after thought...

• Why do you and others who justify this language spell the word as  f@cking instead of using the correct spelling?
  • Do you address the immigration/police/other officials similarly, in any country? 
  • Would you use this word in a court of law, a government office, etc in any country?

Can anyone give an answer to the above?

Normal should be normal globally, to my understanding e.g. Like saying Good morning.

I think, this language is considered normal only by people who live in an environment where it is considered normal - only for a people of a special calibre, that this style of communication is normal.

The civilised world, tend to differ.

Perhaps he should not have been rude, but I agree with him about Thais blocking the door. Just blatant ignorant behaviour.

Given I'm a rather large and heavy person, I used to take pleasure when on the skytrain and trying to get off at Siam bulldozing the ignorant <deleted> that were trying to get on before allowing people to get off.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I guess it went right over your head then.

:giggle:

If you are being hostile or nasty or rude, I'm sure it went over my head. 

I'm a positive person, my glass is always half full. 

I really don't relate to the antagonizers. 

If you are one of those type, I'm sorry for you. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

9 hours ago, Lopburikid said:

Why should we learn their Language???????????? Are you really that sad??????

So lets imagine a hypothetical situation,...... a Chinese friend of your wife comes to stay at your house for a while as a guest,   would you consider her "sad" if she did not learn your language ?

• Love It 1

22 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

Both behaved badly but the American should not have used the F word in my opinion. Telling her that she didn't understand English (when her English is very good) and didn't realize that the F word is not rude was childish and racist.  So on balance he was worse than her. 

Racist ?    I saw no evidence of racism

To all the posters who claim that we are "Guests" or "if we don't like it, go home".

First, most of us are not guests but tourists or "Non-immigrants" and we have rights also.
One of the most important of these rights is that we are not required to lick the feets of third-world people.

If the Thais like to give a r..s a.s about the laws and the rules, it's up to them.
Please continue to ignore the helmet rule/law and other rules/laws that are in place for your own good, be my guest and join the other 26,000 Thais that are killed every year.
But it's not because a few stupid people that we are required to do the same.

Most of the Thais drive without rear lights because a ghost may follow them.
The real ghosts are Thais in cars and pickups who didn't see them and add them to the 26,000 per year.

Thais drive on the fast lane at 60 km/hr because the left lane is mostly destroyed by heavy traffic.
The traffic laws are very clear about that and it's forbidden.

Second, most of us are leaving this f***d up country already.
So, don't worry about this.

Last, most of the people who give these answers, are foreigners who picked up a (bar)lady in Pattaya, Phuket or whatever and are feeding the whole village in order to stay here.
I pity them.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/13/2024 at 6:13 AM, bob smith said:

There are no laws anywhere in the world that state you have to be polite or nice to anyone.

Correct me if I'm wrong but swearing in public in and of itself is not a crime.

Only if coupled with the threat of violence can it then be construed as assault/battery, which is a crime.

That guy was rude.

So what?

rude people are everywhere. 

Thais are also very rude.

I have had a hell of a lot worse shouted at/done to me by locals over the years..

I think this is just another case of farang shaming and the fact that the woman sent her recorded clip to news agencies just goes to show how petty they really are.

bob.

you are more than wrong

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/13/2024 at 12:47 AM, ezzra said:

Many people can't put a sentence together without using foul language, its make them feel powerful

as if this is the best way to put their message to others, sadly, this is happening all over the world already... 

21 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

So lets imagine a hypothetical situation,...... a Chinese friend of your wife comes to stay at your house for a while as a guest,   would you consider her "sad" if she did not learn your language ?

You, like ALL Thai bashers are taking it ALL out of context, IT is common decency to learn and act accordingly when a guest in someone else country/home. What your saying is I can come to your home. tell you to get <deleted>, turn the TV over <deleted> nut, and shut the <deleted> up to your wife in front of your children and then make people BELIEVE I am not being rude! You must be a yank!

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Lopburikid said:

You, like ALL Thai bashers are taking it ALL out of context, IT is common decency to learn and act accordingly when a guest in someone else country/home. What your saying is I can come to your home. tell you to get <deleted>, turn the TV over <deleted> nut, and shut the <deleted> up to your wife in front of your children and then make people BELIEVE I am not being rude! You must be a yank!

Neither a yank or a Thai basher   

Edited by Bday Prang

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Neither a yank or a Thai basher   

No, just an ignorant person who believes its ok to shout abusively and use foul language towards a female. Not right in ANY country!

On 7/12/2024 at 7:15 PM, Jonathan Swift said:

He can't sue for libel or defamation, there is no liability for filming someone in public. If anything the guy should be arrested for disorderly conduct, or the Thai equivalent. . I don't know how you transfer money, but I use Wise to send money to Thailand and it usually comes in 12-24 hours, flat rate of $20, and they charge the actual exchange rate. I have an account at Kasikorn Bank, and their phone app lets me do international transfers back to the US, they convert it to dollars before it leaves, it shows up to my bank as a common ACH deposit with no fees on that end, and Kasikorn charges 250 baht. Thailand to the US in 12 hours. I send my income to Thailand once a month which covers me for my income requirements for my non O retirement visa, It appears once a month, and then it's back to me in 24 hours. Also, the phone is a machine and a tool, the problem is behavioral, the people who can't get their noses out of it and become addicted to it. It's like blaming the car for the accident. I use mine for phone calls, sometimes texts which include security codes that are necessary in today's world, I use it for shopping and other lists, it has photos of all my documents from drivers license to passport and bus/train/airline tickets, it's a guitar tuner, a flashlight, skype for free international phone calls, and a hundred other useful things. I'm sorry if you're having all this trouble in your old age, but old people always have a hard time keeping up with changes in the world. As to "normal", normal is not the things that once were, normal is in the now. It's as they say the new normal. 

I use my phone for a lot of things too, like making shopping lists, storing photos of my important documents, tuning my guitar, and even as a flashlight.

I met this type of guy bashing to nice girl about some mistakes in his apartment bill using very (I mean very) foul language. Seriously he looked pathetic and my first thought was to kick him - he was so rude! Like a rabid mongrel over a kitten. (nice, ha?)

Some compassion and understanding works miracles. Always.

Yes, boarding the train, bus, boat, flying saucer might be a headache in LOS, but they don't mean harm, they are just like that. Accept it, be above it, it does not worth to show your supremacy with swearing and names calling.

I despise those uber-mensch "white world" farangs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NativeBob said:

I despise those uber-mensch "white world" farangs. 

Yes, I agree.

I also despise those "Thainess" Thais who consider foreigners under-mensch.

Here we saw 2 fine samples of both.

Edited by Lorry
  • Agree 1

On 7/14/2024 at 8:16 AM, Confuscious said:

To all the posters who claim that we are "Guests" or "if we don't like it, go home".

First, most of us are not guests but tourists or "Non-immigrants" and we have rights also.

Foreigners, whether tourists or on any type of visa,  are indeed guests in Thailand because they are NOT Thai subjects and therefore DON'T have a right to live in, or even visit, the country.  Foreigners are allowed to enter and remain in Thailand at the discretion of the Thai government and by extention, the Thai people.  If Thai authorities say to a foreigner "You can't come in," or "It's time to go," or "Don't ever come back," that's entirely within their purview as representatives of the "host." 

The analogy between a houseguest and a visitor to a foreign  is actually an apt one.  If you can't abide by the "house rules"  regarding a guest's behavior, then you shouldn't accept the home owner's hospitality.  You can't expect the host to change his lifestyle, daily routine, preferences, whatever, to suit you.  That's just common sense and basic manners.

Same-same with a country.  Thailand has long-standing and firmly established customers, traditions, culture, religious practices, etc.  You don't have to agree with them, but if you're going to live here, you have to respect the Thai way of doing things and adapt to it.  Thailand's 72 million people aren't going to change to please you.

On 7/14/2024 at 8:16 AM, Confuscious said:

One of the most important of these rights is that we are not required to lick the feets of third-world people.

Whether it is luck, skill or the hand of Buddha,  I've never had any problems adapting to Thailand.  During all the years I visited or lived in Thailand, I never got into a violent dispute with a Thai male or female, nor did I ever think any Thai expected me to lick his feet.  If had encountered such hassles, that would have been the day I decided to leave and never return.

But it's also clear if you look down on Thais and regard them as "third-world people," you will indeed encounter problems.  You're better off sticking to coutries where you feel the people treat you as an equal.

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Haha 1

On 7/15/2024 at 8:43 AM, Lopburikid said:

Well nobody reading your bizarre reply would ever have guessed that you were responding to a relatively innocuous question  like the one I asked 

Here it is again, maybe you should read it again and reflect whether your aggressive and insulting repl was appropriate

On 7/14/2024 at 11:03 AM, Bday Prang said:

Must be painful for you read now I guess,  anyway when I replied, simply  confirming  that I am neither a "Thai Basher" or a "Yank" I wasn't really prepared for another of  your equally bizarre  responses ...Here it is again 

On 7/15/2024 at 12:20 PM, Lopburikid said:

No, just an ignorant person who believes its ok to shout abusively and use foul language towards a female. Not right in ANY country!

So read it again, and then show me where I have ever described the behaviour you refer to as acceptable.  As you will be unable to do so, perhaps you would like to take this opportunity to apologise,  You might also be kind enough to offer some explanation for your behaviour as I am genuinely curious as to what thought process leads somebody to act like this     

First of all, we don't know whether the man in the clip is an American, or whatever nationality.  He could be a Thai citizen who has lived abroad for many years.

Second, we know one thing for sure:  The man in the clip is not a Farang.

'nuff said.

5 hours ago, TaoNow said:

First of all, we don't know whether the man in the clip is an American, or whatever nationality.  He could be a Thai citizen who has lived abroad for many years.

Second, we know one thing for sure:  The man in the clip is not a Farang.

'nuff said.

He might be a farang wearing a mask. 

You never know.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

Foreigners, whether tourists or on any type of visa,  are indeed guests in Thailand because they are NOT Thai subjects and therefore DON'T have a right to live in, or even visit, the country.  Foreigners are allowed to enter and remain in Thailand at the discretion of the Thai government and by extention, the Thai people.  If Thai authorities say to a foreigner "You can't come in," or "It's time to go," or "Don't ever come back," that's entirely within their purview as representatives of the "host." 

The analogy between a houseguest and a visitor to a foreign  is actually an apt one.  If you can't abide by the "house rules"  regarding a guest's behavior, then you shouldn't accept the home owner's hospitality.  You can't expect the host to change his lifestyle, daily routine, preferences, whatever, to suit you.  That's just common sense and basic manners.

Same-same with a country.  Thailand has long-standing and firmly established customers, traditions, culture, religious practices, etc.  You don't have to agree with them, but if you're going to live here, you have to respect the Thai way of doing things and adapt to it.  Thailand's 72 million people aren't going to change to please you.

Whether it is luck, skill or the hand of Buddha,  I've never had any problems adapting to Thailand.  During all the years I visited or lived in Thailand, I never got into a violent dispute with a Thai male or female, nor did I ever think any Thai expected me to lick his feet.  If had encountered such hassles, that would have been the day I decided to leave and never return.

But it's also clear if you look down on Thais and regard them as "third-world people," you will indeed encounter problems.  You're better off sticking to coutries where you feel the people treat you as an equal.

22 posts????????????

I don't even take the time to read your diatribe ....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1