Thai woman wins 9 million baht from UK bet

10 minutes ago, RethairedJarhead said:

It’s as if you know them and what is best for their life…🤫

I don’t know them, but I’m still in my 30s and have been living in Thailand for 9 years. So yeah , I think i know what is possible for a “younger” expat with that amount of money and what is rather romantic day-dreaming.

• Sad 1

A nice post. Trouble is now many people know who she is and how much she has won. Very soon if not already the begging messages will appear.

If you win a significant sum tell no one. That way you wont have people trying to con you out of your winnings.

37 minutes ago, ronster said:

6 bedroom for £43000 ?? 

I'm sure it was the first time she played the game and happened to win 😂

You should know by now that Thais simply can't resist showing off.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

The Uk has a minimum working wage which is  around 350 baht per hour so why is she working 14 hours a day her earning per day would be just under 5,000 baht per days and if she works 5 days a week that before tax and insurance would be just under 30,000 baht per week and that’s just her salary what about her husbands £ 200,000 is not enough to retire to Thailand 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

See how gambling is good and fun, and everyone should do it, especially poor people!  Look how happy she is.  Let's see a followup story in a year to see how they spent the windfall.  

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

See how gambling is good and fun, and everyone should do it, especially poor people!  Look how happy she is.  Let's see a followup story in a year to see how they spent the windfall.  

Yes but how much money do they spend on gambling per week lottery euro millions horse racing bingo post code lottery the list is endless one things for sure if I’d won I wouldn’t be telling the world about it as for a 6 bed house plus land it must be out in the sticks in the North of Thailand where people are very poor 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

15 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

The Uk has a minimum working wage which is  around 350 baht per hour so why is she working 14 hours a day her earning per day would be just under 5,000 baht per days and if she works 5 days a week that before tax and insurance would be just under 30,000 baht per week and that’s just her salary what about her husbands £ 200,000 is not enough to retire to Thailand 

I'm guessing she works them hours to pay her gambling while her husband thinks she is just sitting looking at Facebook on her phone ! 😀

• Sad 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, itsari said:

Congratulations to the woman . 

A great win for such a small outlay.

Now doubt she came out ahead, but your disregarding the 1000 pounds a year she lost for the previous ten years.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sabai-dee-man said:

They're not all lazy cash sucking vampires. My ex-wife loved her job in the UK, and my current missus loves her job too. Neither of them had/have any ambition of being wholly dependent on me. Lucky me, eh? Or maybe I just don't pick 'em up in bars!

:thumbsup:

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Tongjaw said:

Been together 20 years, family together and they both work hard. They had a 10 year plan so might have some other money saved. Don’t think there is any need to be negative. 

So at 45 he can live here without working ? unless the 'former Firefighter has a good pension it won't be easy, supporting 'his' family, no mention of what job he has now, 7m left won't go far at his age, and it is Her money,  and he'll need nearly 1/2 million in the bank to get his yearly extension. School fees etc. I'm not being negative IMO just saying how it is. I wish them good luck and 'Their' children no mention of them though how many or there ages or where they have been living, or where 'Her' house will be. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5
  • Agree 2

20 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Yes but how much money do they spend on gambling per week lottery euro millions horse racing bingo post code lottery the list is endless one things for sure if I’d won I wouldn’t be telling the world about it as for a 6 bed house plus land it must be out in the sticks in the North of Thailand where people are very poor 

Bamboo house on the Mekong.

• Sad 2