14-Year-Old Motorcyclist Strikes and Kills Homeless Man Sitting by a Pattaya Roadside

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya — A homeless man was tragically killed after being struck by a motorcycle on a highway near Pattaya last night, July 13th. The 14-year-old motorcyclist claimed the victim was sitting in the dark by the roadside.

The incident occurred at around 10:50 PM on Saturday on Highway 336 in the Nong Pla Lai sub-district, Banglamung district, Chonburi province.

Banglamung police and rescue workers arrived at the scene to find the victim, an unidentified 50-60 year old homeless man, lying on the road with large lacerations on his face and arms. Rescuers performed CPR on him, but despite their efforts, he succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.

The red Honda PCX motorcycle involved in the accident was found overturned in the middle of the road, with its front end severely damaged. The driver, a 14-year-old girl and her passenger, a 13-year-old girl (names withheld due to their ages), were both injured and taken to Banglamung Hospital for treatment.

By Aim Tanakorn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-07-15

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 7

44 minutes ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Pattaya — A homeless man was tragically killed after being struck by a motorcycle on a highway near Pattaya last night, July 13th. The 14-year-old motorcyclist claimed the victim was sitting in the dark by the roadside.

The incident occurred at around 10:50 PM on Saturday on Highway 336 in the Nong Pla Lai sub-district, Banglamung district, Chonburi province.

Banglamung police and rescue workers arrived at the scene to find the victim, an unidentified 50-60 year old homeless man, lying on the road with large lacerations on his face and arms. Rescuers performed CPR on him, but despite their efforts, he succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.

The red Honda PCX motorcycle involved in the accident was found overturned in the middle of the road, with its front end severely damaged. The driver, a 14-year-old girl and her passenger, a 13-year-old girl (names withheld due to their ages), were both injured and taken to Banglamung Hospital for treatment.

By Aim Tanakorn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-07-15

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

I suspect that having the headlight turned on and driving at proper speed would have helped. If the guy was sitting on the "roadside" how did they hit him leaving the damaged bike in the middle of the road?

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

What exactly were a 14 and 13 year old doing out at almost 11pm at night on a motorcycle? Also, who let them drive illegally on their motorcycle? 

Prolly been out dancing a chrome pole on walking street !

Why was old matey sitting on the road ?

Edited by Ralf001

14 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Those 'innocent victims' are underage, have no license or insurance and should never have been there.

And probably can handle riding a motor scooter better than half the farangs in Pattaya.

Harry Homeless should not have been on the road in the dark. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 12

54 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

'They are little more than a motorized push bike'?

You've obviously never ridden a modern motor scooter, especially a PCX.

Those 'innocent victims' are underage, have no license or insurance and should never have been there.

Looks to be a first gen PCX... those 125's were fairly gutless.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

What is wrong with Thai parents that let kids have a motorcycle??? Irresponsible people!! Kids should NOT be on a bike!! I see them every morning driving to school with maybe up to three extra kids on the back!! 😣

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

The headlights of modern motorcycles are always on, even in daylight.

Following an accident a motorcycle will not necessarily come to rest at the point of impact, in fact it rarely does.

Thats only modern bikes which most are not when you get outside a major city. You dont drive much in Thailand at night. In the south where I live less than 50% drive with lights on after dark. if your lucky they might have a headlamp on their head. If the homeless man was in the dark on the side of the road its unlikely they would end up in the middle of the road but anythings possible 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

19 minutes ago, harryviking said:

What is wrong with Thai parents that let kids have a motorcycle??? Irresponsible people!! Kids should NOT be on a bike!! I see them every morning driving to school with maybe up to three extra kids on the back!! 😣

My 8th birthday, my parents bought me a brand new suzuki RM-80.

What the issue ?

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The driver, a 14-year-old girl and her passenger, a 13-year-old girl (names withheld due to their ages), were both injured and taken to Banglamung Hospital for treatment.

11 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

you are also stating that the underaged girls is the victims???

yes, I wish them a speedy recovery. Both physically and mentally.

The homeless guy was probably drunk or on drugs, sitting on the road in the dark and who caused the accident, is dead so not much can be done for him.

Glad it wasn’t me.

2 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

They are little more than a motorized push bike.

Pedestrians have been known to expire when hit by standard pushies.

NYC bicyclists are killing pedestrians and the city won’t stop it

Since 2011, bicyclists have injured more than 2,250 pedestrians — including at least seven who died

https://nypost.com/2019/08/31/nyc-bicyclists-are-killing-pedestrians-and-the-city-wont-stop-it/

Edited by NoDisplayName

streetlights were not working, and that they did not see the victim sitting on the road until it was too late.

looks like she is conscious in the photo, probably her helmet saved her.

IMG_2594.jpeg