Biden Tests Positive for Covid the Final Nail in the Coffin?

Social Media

22 hours ago, Tug said:

Speedy recovery president Biden!

He will never recover, and will not be standing for re election. There is no cure for senility.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I would pay big bucks to watch a Shapiro -- Vance debate!

I agree. It would at least be interesting and competitive.  They are both sharp guys, and good as speaking extemporaneously.  Far more interesting than watching Vance stomp all over Kamala Harris, that's for sure. 

11 hours ago, Tug said:

Wow just watching this thread devolve into trolls ville sad.our president at 80 yo got Covid he’s recovering and the majority here use this as an occasion to act like a bunch of soi dog’s fighting over scraps……

Good lord, I agree with Tug!

I am praying for the President to recover fully and resume his campaign.  I wouldn't wish covid on anyone, it is nasty. Especially someone who is elderly, it can be fatal.  

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Could also be the precursor to stepping away, he's changed his tune recently from "Only god can stop me" a few weeks ago to "I'd follow doctors advice if they told me to step down" in the last few days.

WelI don't know about God -- but for the Dems, Nancy Pelosi may be as close as they get and the headline this AM NY Times:

ANALYSIS

Pelosi, Long Fixated on Winning, Is in No Mood to Lose With Biden

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Why doesn't he just tell the truth and say he's getting too old to do the job and hes stepping aside to let someone younger take over ?

Why does he have to lie about it ?

Because he's been denying his condition for so long.

To admit it now would expose the lies of himself and those around him. He didn't get old overnight, it's been obvious for ages. 

They need a way to get him out while saving face and Covid is just the ticket.  

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

They do but it's correct.

Biden will soon  drop out, won't endorse Harris, and have an open convention. 

The Democrates then would run two Swing State Govenors, without baggage. This then is a slam dunk to defeat the X President with the most ever loaded up on baggage.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tug said:

the majority here use this as an occasion to act like a bunch of soi dog’s fighting over scraps……

That is (American Presidential politics)

Who has brought it down to that level.

7 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

This is the peaking point the Republicans have after a Convention.

Only downhill for them from here.

The Repubs will get at least one more boost when Chicago is in flames from the Mostly Peaceful protests of various lefty factions during the DNC Convention.  Unless, of course, they succeed in destroying yet another democratic (small d) tradition, doing it by Zoom to avoid the embarrassment.  Or, just as likely, if they can keep unfriendly press away from the war zone mostly peaceful protests.  Shouldn't be hard, since most of the MSM carries water for the Dems.

Edited by impulse
  • Haha 1

On 7/18/2024 at 8:44 AM, Cryingdick said:

I wouldn't be so quick  to write him off. He is working from the foundation of one of the most historical presidencies of all time. 

The race is over, I said it was over a year ago. 

I said he would never debate but got that wrong. 

Biden has to go down in history as the worst president, he's pathetic. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Historians say Trump was the worst and Biden is in the upper tier.

You get a lot wrong.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

He just led what is, by far, the best post-Covid economic recovery among developped countries. 😀

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

His campaign has just said he is in it to win it. Indont think he gives a  damn if he hurts the dems he hates half of them now anyway. 

Sometimes I don’t think the retrumplikns realize they have disenfranchised over 50% of our population any woman would be foolish to vote for him if the guys think things through they might realize the lady’s ain’t gonna be putting out,there’s trumps puppy dog humping of putins leg and his threats against NATO during an obvious time it’s needed.then there’s the results this administration has gotten lowest unemployment in decades strong record breaking stock market all the legislative wins for the American people (not the fat cats) strongest economy on the planet best results against inflation in the developed world…….so naa 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Tug said:

Sometimes I don’t think the retrumplikns realize they have disenfranchised over 50% of our population any woman would be foolish to vote for him if the guys think things through they might realize the lady’s ain’t gonna be putting out,there’s trumps puppy dog humping of putins leg and his threats against NATO during an obvious time it’s needed.then there’s the results this administration has gotten lowest unemployment in decades strong record breaking stock market all the legislative wins for the American people (not the fat cats) strongest economy on the planet best results against inflation in the developed world…….so naa 

Well, anyway... it's up to Joe and right now according to all that is reported he isnt dropping out. Joe has always been a fighter.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Tug said:

legit question. is english your first language tug ? 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, stoner said:

legit question. is english your first language tug ? 

Yes it is I apologize for my lousy grammar my dad got killed in a diving accident and I had to hit the workforce early,no worries though a strong work ethic helped me take advantage of the incredible opportunities this country offers those that are willing to work and avoid the easy access to credit 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Tug said:

Yes it is I apologize for my lousy grammar my dad got killed in a diving accident and I had to hit the workforce early,no worries though a strong work ethic helped me take advantage of the incredible opportunities this country offers those that are willing to work and avoid the easy access to credit 

ok thanks for the history lesson.

Just heard on local radio news that 34 Dems in congress now want Biden to drop out. Biden is reportedly "upset", LOL.

IMO that he thinks he is still well enough to stay in is proof that he should drop out. On the other hand I want him to stay in till November.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Just heard on local radio news that 34 Dems in congress now want Biden to drop out. Biden is reportedly "upset", LOL.

IMO that he thinks he is still well enough to stay in is proof that he should drop out. On the other hand I want him to stay in till November.

stay until november hahahahaha. i love your optimism. 

4 minutes ago, stoner said:

stay until november hahahahaha. i love your optimism. 

I don't expect him to but I hope he does. Wishful thinking?

Meanwhile just who is running the US? What world leader is going to believe that Biden has enough there to trust?

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't expect him to but I hope he does. Wishful thinking?

Meanwhile just who is running the US? What world leader is going to believe that Biden has enough there to trust?

this is the real question that is never really talked about. 

who ? who was really behind the helm while the mentally unfit joe was pretending to be the man in charge. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stoner said:

ok thanks for the history lesson.

Yea come swim a few klicks in my flippers bucko I apologize for my lousy grammer but my ability to tell a con man from the real deal works just fine 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Tug said:

Yea come swim a few klicks in my flippers bucko I apologize for my lousy grammer but my ability to tell a con man from the real deal works just fine 

you're not special. everyone has swan upriver at times. lets not go down that road you may not like where it leads. 

• Agree 1

On 7/19/2024 at 7:35 AM, Hanaguma said:

Good lord, I agree with Tug!

I am praying for the President to recover fully and resume his campaign.  I wouldn't wish covid on anyone, it is nasty. Especially someone who is elderly, it can be fatal.  

Yeah, old dementia Joe needs to be in tip top form and start preparing for the ABC debate scheduled for Sept 10 if he wants to rock'and roll and perform like his usual muppet self possibly even exceeding his colossal blowout performance and beatdown during the CNN debate at the hands of MAGA man Trump himself, and now bullet proof MAGA man. Maybe Bidens debate prep team can teach Biden to count to four before he takes the debate stage in September....lol

Edited by illisdean

• 1 month later...