Biden has pulled out of 2024 Presidential election race. What next?

21 minutes ago, impulse said:

Right now, there's questions whether the guy's even alive.  Just for national security, he needs to provide proof that he is.  That's not a vanity thing.  It's a national security thing.

If he's too sick to do a Zoom call, where was the transfer of power?  Who is running the country? 

Where is Biden hiding?  No photos, no voice calls, nothing.   I understand that he might be sicker than everyone thought, but a little transparency would be nice.  

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Where is Biden hiding?  No photos, no voice calls, nothing.   I understand that he might be sicker than everyone thought, but a little transparency would be nice.  

I understand he called into an event to support Kamala, but his voice was raspy and there were questions whether it was a deep fake. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, stoner said:

you missed what happened over the last month eh ? it's only going to get worse for them in the next few months.

if i am wrong i will admit it and say sorry. 

disclaimer......a trump fan and a biden fan walk into a bar... neither was me. 

We will hold  you that, I believe you. 

37 minutes ago, impulse said:

Right now, there's questions whether the guy's even alive.  Just for national security, he needs to provide proof that he is.  That's not a vanity thing.  It's a national security thing.

If he's too sick to do a Zoom call, where was the transfer of power?  Who is running the country? 

You can ask the Secret Service.

12 hours ago, theblether said:

History will not be kind to Biden. 

He couldn't quit until he did a deal with Harris. Hence the announcement followed later by the endorsement. 

His price for leaving was a guaranteed pardon for Hunter after the tax trial. September is going to be dominated by influence peddling and money laundering testimony at the California trial. 

Hunter cannot be pardoned before election day, the electorate won't like that. Biden can't quit before Harris is officially nominated at earliest. So there's a narrow "pardon" window. 

Here's the problem for Harris. She's going to get hammered by the GOP asking if she has agreed to pardon Hunter. 

Joe has handed her a bag of angry rattlesnakes during election season. Well done, Joe. 

My prediction. Trump is his own worst enemy and hatred of Trump will see him defeated. The only way he wins is if Harris has an utter meltdown. Or if Trump has an October Surprise lined up. 

I've already seen a week's old video where Trump said Biden was standing down and Harris was replacing him. He's of the opinion she'll be easier to beat than Biden. 

People saying Trump is terrified have got it wrong. 

Was the sources your presenting come from QAnon or Newsmax or both?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You can ask the Secret Service.

Apparently, they don't know anything. They just tell you to ask the FBI.

They're the Sgt Schultz of alphabet agencies.

Edit: I remember when they were two of the most respected agencies in the world.  It's sad.

Edited by impulse
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, theblether said:

History will not be kind to Biden. 

He couldn't quit until he did a deal with Harris. Hence the announcement followed later by the endorsement. 

His price for leaving was a guaranteed pardon for Hunter after the tax trial. September is going to be dominated by influence peddling and money laundering testimony at the California trial. 

Hunter cannot be pardoned before election day, the electorate won't like that. Biden can't quit before Harris is officially nominated at earliest. So there's a narrow "pardon" window. 

Here's the problem for Harris. She's going to get hammered by the GOP asking if she has agreed to pardon Hunter. 

Joe has handed her a bag of angry rattlesnakes during election season. Well done, Joe. 

My prediction. Trump is his own worst enemy and hatred of Trump will see him defeated. The only way he wins is if Harris has an utter meltdown. Or if Trump has an October Surprise lined up. 

I've already seen a week's old video where Trump said Biden was standing down and Harris was replacing him. He's of the opinion she'll be easier to beat than Biden. 

People saying Trump is terrified have got it wrong. 

Biden can pardon Hunter Biden on January 19, 2025.

• Agree 1

What I expected Trump advisors getting a bit worried.

Why Trump Suddenly Thinks Picking J.D. Vance Was a Mistake

Republicans may be starting to second-guess their party’s pick for vice president.

Much of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign, including the decision to tap Ohio Senator J.D. Vance as his running mate, was structured around attacks on President Joe Biden. But then Biden announced Sunday that he was withdrawing from the presidential race altogether.

Trump campaign officials acknowledged that Trump selected the inexperienced Vance, charged with all his techno-authoritarian ideas, to boost support among their own base, not extend a hand to swing voters, according to The Atlantic. Vance was a symbol of the Trump team’s assuredness that they would win in 2024. Come Sunday, that assuredness appears to be shrinking.

“Most striking thing I heard from Trump allies yesterday was the second-guessing of JD Vance—a selection, they acknowledged, that was [born] of cockiness, meant to run up margins with the base in a blowout rather than persuade swing voters in a nail-biter,” Atlantic staff writer Tim Alberta, who had written the piece about the panicking Trump campaign, posted on X (formerly Twitter).

Trump decried Biden’s decision to drop out in a post on Truth Social, writing that his team would have to “start all over again” and asking to be reimbursed for the cost. At the same time, Vance has set straight to work, calling for Biden to resign from the presidency.

Meanwhile, the Democrats possess a new potential nominee in the form of Vice President Kamala Harris. And as a result, the party had one of the best fundraising days ever.

Why Trump Suddenly Thinks Picking J.D. Vance Was a Mistake | The New Republic

Edited by marin
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

What part of the phrase "team effort" can't you understand?

the one where a president is supposed to show strength and leadership.....like history has always shown. people don't look to a team for answers they look to their leader. 

17 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

With Biden.

Next question.

clearly it didn't. people like you went on and on about how great the team behind him was. now you are singing a different tune. 

expected. 

next. 

7 minutes ago, stoner said:

clearly it didn't. people like you went on and on about how great the team behind him was. now you are singing a different tune. 

expected. 

next. 

Were you the guy who said that nobody would want to be the VP candidate for Kamala Harris?

And that Trump really weighed 215 pounds?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/22/2024 at 1:11 AM, Woof999 said:

A day late and a dollar short.

He has not resigned, he is still President. He will not, however, stand for election on November 4.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, stoner said:

the one where a president is supposed to show strength and leadership.....like history has always shown. people don't look to a team for answers they look to their leader. 

If you want strength and leadership, look no further than Genghis Khan or Timurlane.

Show me evidence a team of competent people is less effective than a leader. I have evidence to the contrary.

Putin is a strong leader to most Russians. He has led the Russian Federation into economic disaster.

When you have people saying Shoigu is Ukraine's best asset in Russia, it's not a good indication of the competence of the team Putin has around him.

IMO people who want strong kings, emperors or presidents can't think for themselves.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

If you want strength and leadership, look no further than Genghis Khan or Timurlane.

Show me evidence a team of competent people is less effective than a leader. I have evidence to the contrary.

Putin is a strong leader to most Russians. He has led the Russian Federation into economic disaster.

When you have people saying Shoigu is Ukraine's best asset in Russia, it's not a good indication of the competence of the team Putin has around him.

IMO people who want strong kings, emperors or presidents can't think for themselves.

what is all that bs you just wrote ? vomit. all you did was pick bad people throughout history. i can name off dozens of strong leaders throughout time who were good men. your comment is far off. 

17 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Were you the guy who said that nobody would want to be the VP candidate for Kamala Harris?

And that Trump really weighed 215 pounds?

nope. wrong on both assumptions. smh. in fact just yesterday you talked about the 215 pounds and i answered you. 

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Usually " look no further" comments are followed by a RECENT example. 
Here's you " Genghis Khan blah blah" 

2 minutes ago, stoner said:

what is all that bs you just wrote ? vomit. all you did was pick bad people throughout history. i can name off dozens of strong leaders throughout time who were good men. your comment is far off. 

I said: " Show me evidence a team of competent people is less effective than a leader".

If your response is abuse, and a need for a strong leader, it just demonstrates how weak-minded you are.

4 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Usually " look no further" comments are followed by a RECENT example. 
Here's you " Genghis Khan blah blah" 

I also quoted Putin.

Presumably your attention span does not go that far.

For all her shortcomings I think Harris, were she nominated, would not be a walkover come the November election . Trump would need to give a lot of thought as to how to oppose her.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

For all her shortcomings I think Harris, were she nominated, would not be a walkover come the November election . Trump would need to give a lot of thought as to how to oppose her.

His response is as predictable as the sun rising in the East, personal abuse. He's already called her a "horrible czar".

Perhaps he got that phrase from his buddy Putin. Electric boats and sharks are his contributions to original thought.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Off-topic

Defection is your new middle name.

Your reputation as a global scientist is going down the toilet.

Perhaps Placeholder will bail you out, again.

• Haha 1