Got a bit of spare time on my hands..

10 minutes ago, 2baht said:

I',ve been battling cancer for 5 years now, mustn't grumble! Chemo, Immuno, Radiation, all the treatments exhausted, now it's pain management!

What were the best times in your life? 

• Sad 3

I can never take these type of lists seriously - like someone who believes, rightly or wrongly, that they have superior taste to everyone else and therefore they are in a position to dictate what the best music / movie is. 

I stockpile music and books to read but do my own research first. 

Still, each to their own. 

I hope you enjoy the time Bob. Maybe let us know when you find a "gem".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, susanlea said:

What were the best times in your life? 

Too personal Susy, though I must say life has been very interesting!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, FriscoKid said:

100001 Bottles of Leo Beer

100001 Ladyboys

A lot of work to do, yet so little time, but don’t worry Bob, you got this!

troll away, fellas.

bob.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

I beg your pardon?

bob.

1 movie per day, and 1 album per day. 1000 of each, and go through over the coming month until Christmas. How many days are there left until Christmas?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, susanlea said:

Im leaving thailand

Im going to watch 1000 movies

Im drunk at noon

I hope the first is a promise. Regarding the second, you mentioned that was a boring life. Lastly, you shouldn´t drink so much and call others drunkards.

3 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

1 movie per day, and 1 album per day. 1000 of each, and go through over the coming month until Christmas. How many days are there left until Christmas?

I will obviously keep going past Christmas.

You don't need to hang on my every word, gotfiddle!

bob.

3 minutes ago, bob smith said:

I will obviously keep going past Christmas.

You don't need to hang on my every word, gotfiddle!

bob.

Seems like you are serious. Good luck with that.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

I hope the first is a promise. Regarding the second, you mentioned that was a boring life. Lastly, you shouldn´t drink so much and call others drunkards.

You get everything wrong. The comments refer to Bob.

• Sad 1

The prob with other people's bucket lists is that in an attempt to seem well-rounded, they will have a lot of stuff on it that will hold no interest to you.

I respect hip hop, I guess. I never want to hear it again. EDM, the same. New Latin music, ditto. No point in forcing myself to endure it.

I love reggae. The 2-3 reggae records on such a list will be too mainstream for me. Jazz is an ocean. They will just tell you to listen to Kinda Blue. If that's as far you're going to go into jazz, that's a good one. But if you're not a jazzer or a brit popper, or Metal-head, why bother?

When I was young, music critics served a purpose. They might occasionally survey something like African music or minimalism, give you a context, and let you know where you might want to dip in to the genre. These books do the same thing, but much less well. It's shifted from you probably will like it, to you certainly should like it.

I read a book called The Long Tail, about how now that every last bit of music is available, that people would have incredibly diverse tastes. But that didn't happen.

95% of all reggae searches are still for Bob Marley. When I look on YouTube for reggae minor great, Sylford Walker, he's only up to about 600 views, world-wide.

Taste is a funneling process, and by definition, funnels narrow things. Taste is also a distilling process, and when you distill something, you get less of it. As your taste evolves you like less stuff, not more stuff.

8 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Learn to read better.

Ok, show me the quote in the message I replied to.
image.png.d5b0a2726233239957816fde0c8d78d8.png

When posting like that, and using Im, means you are referring to yourself.

• Like 2