Is Anutin Thailand's Prospective Next Prime Minister?

did the Thai people vote for him or any other ### in this administration - no, we all know who won the election - voted by the majority 

nothing else to say on the matter

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sambum said:

He doesn't like farangs!!!

He only doesn’t like farangs who refuse to wear free masks during a pandemic when millions are dying and businesses closed.

And dirty ones who are shower shy, mainly the French.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, grain said:

He could become PM in the not too distant future, and if so he'll almost certainly make life a misery for the resident farang. Tighter immigration regulations and requirements, higher bank balances and incomes could make living here impossible for the great majority of us.

Plus taxing us to the hilt.

• Agree 1

Anutin is a VERY sharp businessman. Also, the fact that he spearheaded such a  progressive policy as legalising marijuana during a military government says something quite special about him. No the policy is not popular, but it absolutely is the right thing to do and is giving Thailand a massive edge in tourism. People should realise that alcohol is a FAR more dangerous "drug", yes, "drug". It makes many people violent and causes huge domestic strife. When people as stoned, they don't usually go around beating people up like drunk football supporters do. It seems to me that he is a man who wants to get things done and has proven that he can. Obviously, Future Forward would be the best option from a purely democratic standpoint, but practically, Anutin would be a good choice. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Never thought that I would say this but looking at the list, I would say bring back Prawit

will have a go bag ready by the door

I hear that Rishi Sunak is available 😉

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't see why the People's choice Mr Peta the rightfully elected PM is not allowed to take over the job he was voted for by his people and then cleared by the courts this country is so corrupt. 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, 142857 said:

People should realise that alcohol is a FAR more dangerous "drug", yes, "drug". It makes many people violent and causes huge domestic strife. When people as stoned, they don't usually go around beating people up like drunk football supporters do.

Not totally true, MJ can cause cognitive disorder, lower IQ, poor judgement and spatial, distance awareness. The police now test for drugs due to issues caused by MJ use. Lets not forget also Psychosis as a possible side effect

Best is not to drink alcohol or take drugs

Edited by schweizer
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

So what, he has to put up with us weather he likes us or not, the country can not survive without us.  

But if he was PM, you can guarantee that he would try to make life as awkward as he could - he doesn't care about TAT figures/stats.

That is one of the conundrums about living in Thailand - one part of the Government wants as many tourists as it can cram on to the beaches, and the other says there are too many! But that is for another post - this one is trying to make sense of how such a buffoon could even be considered for such a position

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, schweizer said:

Not totally true, MJ can cause cognitive disorder, lower IQ, poor judgement and spatial, distance awareness. The police now test for drugs due to issues caused by MJ use. Lets not forget also Psychosis as a possible side effect

Best is not to drink alcohol or take drugs

"When people as stoned, they don't usually go around beating people up like drunk football supporters do."

""Not totally true, MJ can cause cognitive disorder, lower IQ, poor judgement and spatial, distance awareness."

The important word in the first statement is "usually". The poster is obviously aware that there are exceptions, and doesn't need you to point them out by saying "Not totally true.....".

"Best is not to drink alcohol or take drugs". Probably a good thing to change  your religion as well, and move to a country where acquiring such "naughties" is more difficult! 🙂  

Edited by sambum
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Anutin Charnvirakul. Picture courtesy. Bhumjaithai

Thailand’s political scene is crackling with anticipation as the Constitutional Court gets ready to rule on Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin’s qualifications next month. The court’s decision, due on August 14, could potentially reshape the country’s leadership, with Srettha possibly being removed from office.

Current political dynamics, including secret and public gatherings, indicate a frenzied effort among key players to position themselves favourably for any upheaval. Deputy Prime Minister and Bhumjaithai Party leader Anutin Charnvirakul stands out, active on the political front and possibly positioned as a strong candidate to step in.

Notably, Anutin has been seen mingling with significant political and business figures, including hosting former PM Thaksin Shinawatra at the Rancho Charnvee Resort in Khao Yai. His active engagement has not gone unnoticed, presenting him as a potentially unifying figure for various factions.

Should Srettha be disqualified, the selection of a new PM would be from the existing pool of candidates cleared by the Election Commission. These include Paetongtarn Shinawatra and Chaikasem Nitisiri from the Pheu Thai Party, General Prawit Wongsuwan of the Palang Pracharath Party, Pirapan Salirathavibhaga from the United Thai Nation Party, and, crucially, Anutin himself.

Paetongtarn’s immediate assumption of the PM role seems unlikely, given the political turmoil. Chaikasem, meanwhile, faces health challenges. This potentially opens the door for Anutin, especially given his robust relationship with the influential Thaksin despite past frictions within their circles.

Anutin’s reputation also extends to his handling of significant national issues, such as the divisive cannabis policy, showcasing his political acumen. His connections, particularly within military ranks, further bolster his prospects. This includes alliances with influential figures like General Sanitchanok Sangkhachan and General Charoenchai Hinthao.

With General Prawit also vying for influence, the political chessboard is complex and fluid. However, Anutin’s rising prominence and strategic alliances make him a significant contender, positioning him as a potential stabilising force in Thailand’s political future.

As the court’s ruling approaches, Thailand waits with bated breath, watching to see if Anutin Charnvirakul will indeed emerge as the next Prime Minister.

RELATED TOPIC:

Thai PM Faces Judgment Day Over Minister Nomination on Aug. 14

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1333769-thai-pm-faces-judgment-day-over-minister-nomination-on-aug-14/

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-07-25

- Cigna offers a range of plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Lets hope not, all us "Dirty Farang" will be in his spotlight

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

He only doesn’t like farangs who refuse to wear free masks during a pandemic when millions are dying and businesses closed.

And dirty ones who are shower shy, mainly the French.

I think it goes a bit deeper than that. He seems to think like a lot of Thais that Thailand is the centre of the Universe, and Thais are the master race - obviously you can see where that leaves "farangs"

• Sad 1

I hope God/ Buddha/Allah or whatever forbid it....  This man is totally not suitable to be PM. He has done a lot of harm to the tourist industry and longstayers and expats already, big problems with the Covid and cannabis approval....  No please don't bring Thailand further down. Best option I think is new elections 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sambum said:

"When people as stoned, they don't usually go around beating people up like drunk football supporters do."

""Not totally true, MJ can cause cognitive disorder, lower IQ, poor judgement and spatial, distance awareness."

The important word in the first statement is "usually". The poster is obviously aware that there are exceptions, and doesn't need you to point them out by saying "Not totally true.....".

"Best is not to drink alcohol or take drugs". Probably a good thing to change  your religion as well, and move to a country where acquiring such "naughties" is more difficult! 🙂  

The important words in my statement are "not totally true" as opposed to "totally untrue" my experience is that in small doses drugs and alcohol are fine. Unfortunately people too easily move on from small doses. The drug of choice is not always the problem its peoples lack of will power

the original words were "People should realise that alcohol is a FAR more dangerous "drug"

so saying that druggies are better people than alcoholics, there is no winner in addiction

first read then comment 🙂

Edited by schweizer
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, schweizer said:

The important words in my statement are "not totally true" as opposed to "totally untrue" my experience is that in small doses drugs and alcohol are fine. Unfortunately people too easily move on from small doses. The drug of choice is not always the problem its peoples lack of will power

the original words were "People should realise that alcohol is a FAR more dangerous "drug"

so saying that druggies are better people than alcoholics, there is no winner in addiction

Using the term “drugie” you obviously know Sh!t about weed. 

• Thanks 1

They took it off the narcotics list for a reason and they are not going to put it back on the list for a reason because it actually shouldn’t be classified as a narcotic or a drug whoever it was who posted that. 

8 minutes ago, JimboB4 said:

They took it off the narcotics list for a reason and they are not going to put it back on the list for a reason because it actually shouldn’t be classified as a narcotic or a drug whoever it was who posted that. 

To quote the DEA

WHAT IS MARIJUANA?
Marijuana is a mind-altering (psychoactive)
drug, produced by the Cannabis sativa plant.
Marijuana has over 480 constituents. THC (delta-
9-tetrahydrocannabinol) is believed to be the main
ingredient that produces the psychoactive effect.

2 hours ago, sambum said:

But if he was PM, you can guarantee that he would try to make life as awkward as he could - he doesn't care about TAT figures/stats.

That is one of the conundrums about living in Thailand - one part of the Government wants as many tourists as it can cram on to the beaches, and the other says there are too many! But that is for another post - this one is trying to make sense of how such a buffoon could even be considered for such a position

What part of government said there are to many tourists ? I must have missed that.

19 minutes ago, schweizer said:

I can read quite well thank you - I don't need you to tell me to!

And I think you are really nit picking a bit with your "not totally true" and "totally untrue" comment. Nobody said it was "totally untrue" except you just now.

The point being made is that for the most part, people who use cannabis as a recreational drug rather than alcohol are less likely to become violent and beat people up "like drunk football supporters", but you have to say "not totally true" and then go on a "rant" about the negative effects of cannabis? Who is saying that it is totally true - not the poster, because the way I read it, he has already made the point already by the use of the word "usually".

It's all getting a bit pedantic, don't you think?

• Sad 1

Just now, sambum said:

I can read quite well thank you - I don't need you to tell me to!

And I think you are really nit picking a bit with your "not totally true" and "totally untrue" comment. Nobody said it was "totally untrue" except you just now.

The point being made is that for the most part, people who use cannabis as a recreational drug rather than alcohol are less likely to become violent and beat people up "like drunk football supporters", but you have to say "not totally true" and then go on a "rant" about the negative effects of cannabis? Who is saying that it is totally true - not the poster, because the way I read it, he has already made the point already by the use of the word "usually".

It's all getting a bit pedantic, don't you think?

Yes you are

3 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

What part of government said there are to many tourists ? I must have missed that.

It was on here (AN)a couple of weeks ago that Phuket was at "saturation point" with tourists, and they were going to try to reduce the numbers somehow.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, schweizer said:

Yes you are

Nothing to do with you, I suppose? You can get on to your back foot again now!

Edited by sambum

Just now, sambum said:

It was on here (AN)a couple of weeks ago that Phuket was at "saturation point" with tourists, and they were going to try to reduce the numbers somehow.

From memory that was not a member of the government.

2 minutes ago, sambum said:

Nothing to do with you, I suppose? You can get on to your back foot again now!

I am not and never have been on the back foot regarding this topic and tire of hearing drug users compare themselves and their addictions to angelic cool hip people when compared to alcohol users

after 40 years as a doctor and seeing thousands of lives ruined by drugs and alcohol i see no winner in this, maybe you should go see the misery created first hand, it might wake you up

• Agree 1