Harris Challenges Trump Over Debate Commitment, Accuses Him of Backpedaling

Social Media

image.png.b9a0926a4a5394aeb2a6089ca8553340.png

In a recent turn of events in the political arena, Vice President Kamala Harris has accused former President Donald Trump of retracting his commitment to a September 10th presidential debate. Harris addressed reporters with a clear message: "I'm ready." Her comments came after she returned to Washington following a speech to the American Federation of Teachers in Houston. "I'm ready to debate Donald Trump. I have agreed to the previously agreed upon Sept. 10 debate. He agreed to that previously. Now it appears he's backpedaling. But I'm ready. And I think the voters deserve to see the split-screen that exists in this race on a debate stage. And so I'm ready. Let's go," she asserted.

This accusation follows an earlier agreement between Trump and then-President Biden to participate in two presidential debates, the first of which took place on June 27th, hosted by CNN. The second debate was scheduled for September 10th and was to be hosted by ABC News. However, Biden's underwhelming performance in the first debate led to widespread calls for him to withdraw from his reelection campaign, a decision he announced on Sunday. Biden's exit from the race paved the way for Harris to announce her candidacy, and she has since garnered the support of a majority of delegates necessary to secure the Democratic nomination.

Trump had previously indicated his willingness to debate Harris, expressing his openness to facing her "more than once." Nonetheless, he has now suggested a change in the debate's hosting network, advocating for Fox News instead of ABC News. Trump took to his social media platform to label ABC as "fake news" and a "joke," casting doubt on the network's credibility. Trump campaign spokesperson Steven Cheung underscored this position in a statement on Thursday evening, noting, "general election debate details cannot be finalized until Democrats formally decide on their nominee."

Harris’s readiness to confront Trump on the debate stage highlights her determination to engage in direct political discourse and underscores the significance of these debates in the eyes of the electorate. Her insistence on maintaining the original debate schedule reflects a broader commitment to transparency and accountability in the democratic process. Meanwhile, Trump's insistence on changing the debate host has sparked a contentious debate about media credibility and the platforms that should be entrusted with such pivotal events.

As the political landscape continues to evolve, the potential showdown between Harris and Trump on September 10th remains a focal point of public interest. The outcome of these debates could significantly influence the direction of the upcoming election, providing voters with a clear comparison between the candidates. Harris’s bold stance and Trump’s contentious counter-moves set the stage for a highly anticipated and potentially transformative moment in American politics.

Credit: CBS 2024-07-27

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

He has always been a coward. And to stand in a TV debate would extend his intellectual abilities. Harris' brain is as sharp as a razor. And Donny is pretty much afraid. Ready to bin him👍

Watch Harris speak and then turn to a ralley and that should be enough.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stargeezr said:

I am surprised at how many Americans still support Donald Trump. Today however I met a Texan from the republic of

Texas, and yes he was a Repub, L, I Can, so even though he likes the republican party, he says

he is not impressed with Trump.

Alot of my conservative friends admit what a subpar human being he is, yet they support some of his positions. Some have said they will vote for him, but they will hold their noses in disgust. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

He is petrified of her. She has really gotten under his skin, already. Without even trying. He does not do well against smart and accomplished women. He hates that type of woman. She would cream him in a debate. Hope it will happen and hope he musters up the courage for it. Right now, he appears to be a real coward. Which is not surprising. 

No, I think Trump would win but agree with the rest of your post except the last sentence. Trump would be frustrating as usual for those that seek an honest debate but it seems his growing base doesn't  care much and easily shrugs it off as "normal" Trump. 

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

My next door neighbor and good friend in New York is a Republican legislator in Orange county.In private both her and her husband have said to me that they are "embarrassed" by trump. But publicly... 

Many of my friends who plan to vote for him refer to him as a degenerate, a liar and a thief. They know who he is. But, they like some of his positions. They say it is not about the man, it is about the issues. 

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

Trump is neither effeminate or flamboyant when under pressure.  He's always a real man's man, not a nancyboy, pansy or sissy.

Wow! Of course, I hadn't thought of that. So that's alright then.

• Haha 2