President Kamala Harris

1 minute ago, newnative said:

No, actual FACTS.   Which, I know, Trumpets detest.  In both the 2020 and the 2016 elections, the voters, to use your term, 'liked' both Clinton and Biden more than Trump, by 2.8 million and 7 million votes.  You claim that Biden was 'appointed' President by the EC, and the Trump voters, in your words, 'simply didn't count'.   The implication being that Trump won the popular vote but his votes 'didn't count' and the Electoral College, in your words, 'appointed' Biden president.  

As I pointed out in my earlier post, you have it completely backwards.  The reality is, the FACT is, in both elections the popular vote was won by the Democrat candidate, not Trump. The reality is, the FACT is, that Trump was the one who was 'appointed' president by the EC in 2016, over the wishes of the actual voters. 

If there ever was a glaring case for votes 'not counting', it was the voters who 'liked' Clinton more than Trump, to the tune of 2.8 million.  Ditto for the 2000 election, when the actual voters 'liked' Gore more than Bush but Bush was 'appointed' president by the EC, with an assist from the Supreme Court. 

Had Trump won the popular vote in either 2016 or 2020, and the Democrat candidate won the EC, then, yes, you would have a claim of the voters 'liking' Trump but the EC 'appointing' the Democrat.  Not the case.  Trump lost the popular vote very badly in both elections.  Not 'liked'--sorry.

The reality is, the FACT is, that if only the popular vote was considered, Trump would have never been 'appointed' as president in 2016 and the US would have been spared the worst president in history.  Yet another reason to ditch the EC.

When it comes to politics, I've always found very little comes from actual facts.

• Sad 2

On 7/27/2024 at 12:34 PM, proton said:

How does such a stupid person like Harris get a degree in the USA? Without checking I am betting she went to a black University where she lent on her background to get on. We all know how she got on after that!

65% of withe people voting for Republicans are illiterate or under educated. q.e.d. ! 🥺

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, newbee2022 said:

65% of withe people voting for Republicans are illiterate or under educated. q.e.d. ! 🥺

Rubbish.....got to be more than that.

Edited by Will B Good
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, HappyExpat57 said:

Maybe it's time that they should?

50+ years of adulthood and following politics have prove me correct. 

If any facts ever do make the light of day, it's usually a decade or two or three after the BS.

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

50+ years of adulthood and following politics have prove me correct. 

If any facts ever do make the light of day, it's usually a decade or two or three after the BS.

This time lets see if it gels

75 years experience here

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Yes blacks is proper these days.

I forgot to mention queers. 

It's a given that queers will vote overwhelmingly for any democrat over the maga fascists who are mirroring Putin and viciously attacking LGBTQ civil rights.

Gallup Vault: Black Americans' Preferred Racial Label

I thought it was "Blacks" now, no? I think

LGBT, Liberty, Guns, Beer & Trump 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Or it could mean he will make himself President for life, many dictators take that road.

It could also mean that he thinks a meteor is hurtling toward Earth and will kill every living thing, yes? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Once 45 is defeated (and he will be) MAGA and its stooges will fizzle out. It's far too extreme, its ideas are dying out and being replaced with more fair-minded concepts. As Kamala says - "We're not going back!"

What is extreme about MAGA? People that don't want millions of illegals flooding across the border, high inflation, high energy prices, reliance on advisories for oil, the first and second amendments reversed, a packed court, men in women’s sports, bathrooms and locker room, genital mutilation of children, crappy public education, higher taxes, and books that provide pictorial instructions on how to participate in homosexual sex in grade-schools are extremists? Got it. 

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

It could also mean that he thinks a meteor is hurtling toward Earth and will kill every living thing, yes? 

Occam would suggest differently.

23 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Maybe I am still naeve but my only desire to manipulate elections is diveting to insult a MAGA

Last election was by those wow should know, was the least manipulted in history. Therefor the fairest.

I disagree, in that much of the manipulation happened before the presidential candidates were selected.  Obama who chose Hillary, and not Biden, in the far distant past, for example. Is this a democratic approach to the selection of office-holders?

Maybe read some research such as this...?

image.png.2602c394784bb854b29cec442c4551b7.png

image.png.06f97010fcf471e2a771e923c53348ae.png

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/democratic-decline-in-the-united-states-strategic-manipulation-of-elections/

In the US, those in power will do anything to stay in power. This is the same in China.

Democracy is a threat to those who hold power in BOTH the US and in China.

Everybody knows this...

Nobody gets elected to a top office in the US without following a path through either one of two powerful parties.

This is NOT democracy.

Democracy in the US is crippled and broken.

Everybody knows this.

At least, there is still such a thing as free speech, but...

Do Americans actually USE free speech in order to make positive change?

No, they do not.

Instead, they talk about non-issues such as religious freedom, abortion, gay rights, etc.

These are issues that can be debated AFTER America achieves a more democratic political system.

At the moment, America is not free, but just slightly freer than living under XI....

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

For the love of gawd, the man tried to overthrow the election! It's not just his words, HE TRIED IT ONCE ALREADY AND WILL DO IT AGAIN.

How can his sycophants be that blind? Can you imagine the reaction from the right if Hillary had tried to overthrow her election?

You mean like when Hillary got her supporters to try to get the electors to ignore the actual and elect her?  And then Hillary for three years that the election was stolen and called Trump an illegitimate President? Yeah, no one cared about that. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

We all know we want the mastermind behind this to spend time at the grey bar hotel.

NONE of those who you mentioned would be serving time if not for that convicted felon.

HE needs to pay as well.

I don’t disagree that he should. For various reasons.

But he won’t.

34 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Too much information.

We do not need, nor do we wish to know, that some US presidents may or may not wear diapers.

Personally, I find the subject not fit for polite dinner conversation, and distasteful.

If we make the choice to go down this path, to wonder which of our presidents are wearing diapers, then how can this curiosity be satisfied and verified, one way or another?

Also, concerning the incontinence issue, we obviously have BOTH parties to blame.....

Because, otherwise, who was it that coughed up both Trump, Biden, and now Harris, as our only potential choices for the election of 2024.

Where is JFK when we need him???!!!

I would much rather discuss JFK's bad back, than to speculate about what might be in Trump's diaper, if he even wears one.

There are some Topics that are just too....

Too much.

Too much information, for most of us, especially in this strange year of 2024.

Here you go.........

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Time will tell who will be the next US Prez.

Meanwhile,  Harris was anointed and appointed to be the Democrats' candidate.

However, this was done in both an opaque and non-democratic process.

There was no open-convention offered to the vast majority of voters.

Instead, Harris was chosen by a very small group which probably does not represent the majority of  registered Democrats in the USA.

And, what about Biden? 

Obviously, he has disrupted a fair election every bit as much as Trump.

Neither the Dems nor the Republicans want, nor will they tolerate, a truly fair and open election.

Therefore, I ask you...

Will our next Prez truly be the elected president?

As to insults, I always loved Tricky Dick.

And, do you recall the campaign button:  "Nixon's the One", having a button showing a young pregnant woman.... ?

Insults are expected from congressmen.

American Politics would not be good politics without the insults and backbiting and dishonesty and lying.

Not sure where you are from, though...

I still have a "Nixon's the One" in Russian...

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

And the left runs virtually every aspect of education in the United States. What does that tell you? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Circumcision?

Yes, as well as gender affirming care for children, millions of illegals flooding across the border, high inflation, high energy prices, reliance on advisories for oil, the first and second amendments reversed, a packed court, men in women’s sports, bathrooms and locker rooms, crappy public education, higher taxes, and books that provide pictorial instructions on how to participate in homosexual sex in grade-schools. 

You support all of those, yes? 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Here you go.........

Shows that specialize in rampant hyperbole, such as TYT, I do not watch.

They give me a headache.

They cloud the mind through their reliance on EMOTION rather than calm presentation of evidence.

It is shows like these that go over well with nitwits in the USA.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

where did you get that from and what about the other party?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

This may be too much, but I really hope she moves to eliminate the electoral college.

Would need to be a constitutional amendment which would take decades to eventually fail to pass.

19 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

And the left runs virtually every aspect of education in the United States. What does that tell you? 

I'm not talking about the sun or the moon but Republican voters