Eight Arrested After Machete Fight Erupts at Southend Seafront "Beach Rave"

Social Media

image.png.103b08960418f9dba8ae4c49451e4b9c.png

A violent incident involving machetes at the seafront in Southend, Essex, led to the arrest of eight individuals following a "beach rave." The chaotic scene unfolded on Tuesday night near the Adventure Island theme park, where shocking footage captured on social media showed at least four people dressed in black, brandishing large knives and slashing at each other. The incident resulted in several individuals sustaining critical injuries, prompting swift action from the authorities.

Southend East and Rochford MP Bayo Alaba expressed his deep concern and extended his thoughts to those affected, emphasizing the severity of the situation. He noted that similar incidents had occurred around the same time the previous year, highlighting a worrying pattern that needed urgent attention. Alaba stated, "This time last year it happened as well, this is a pattern now and because it is a pattern we have to look at it differently and see what we can do to mitigate it. I am just speechless looking at the videos and seeing how it unfolded, it is truly alarming. At the end of the day, we don't want this on our streets and in our community."

Essex Police responded to the violence, which broke out around 7pm on one of the hottest days of the year, by implementing a section 60 dispersal order. This followed reports of an assault with an offensive weapon at Marine Parade at approximately 7.40pm. An individual was arrested at the scene on suspicion of possessing a bladed article and causing grievous bodily harm. Seven additional arrests followed, although further details were not immediately provided.

The section 60 order, which remained in effect until 8pm the following day, granted officers the authority to stop and search individuals, their belongings, and their vehicles for weapons. The police swiftly cleared the seafront and nearby high street by 11.30pm, and additional patrols were conducted overnight to ensure public safety.

Martin Richardson, the owner of Happidrome Arcade, revealed that a "beach rave" organized on TikTok had drawn people to Southend. He condemned the violence, stating, "No knife attack is acceptable full stop, and I hope these perpetrators are caught. It should have been dealt with, these larger groups meet up with other groups."

Chief Superintendent Morgan Cronin condemned the dangerous behavior and emphasized the swift police response to ensure public safety. "These arrests were made quickly to keep the public safe, and we have multiple lines of enquiry to identify more suspects and bring them to justice. I’d like to reassure the wider public that these were targeted attacks involving just a small fraction of the visitors to Southend yesterday. I’d also like to thank our partners in the British Transport Police and the security teams working in Southend for their support in dispersing the crowds and ensuring the public left the area covered by our dispersal order."

He further stated, "The stop and search powers in place have already taken weapons off the streets of Southend and we will not hesitate to stop anyone we believe is carrying a weapon. If you carry a knife in Essex, you will not get away with it. Our officers will be in the city and on the seafront again today, so please speak to one of our officers if you have any information about last night’s disorder."

The incident highlights ongoing concerns about public safety and the challenges authorities face in preventing violent outbreaks at large gatherings. The community and law enforcement agencies are now tasked with addressing the underlying issues and preventing future occurrences of such dangerous behavior. The authorities remain vigilant, and the local community hopes for a resolution that ensures the safety and security of all residents and visitors to Southend.

Credit: Evening Standard  2024-08-01

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

The ancient Romans had the Collosseum for peoples desire of violence .

That was a good idea , may be time to revive it ...?

What a great idea. But not just knife fights.😉

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Time for the cops to have guns, full time, for all officers in the uk.

A few 100 dead of this type of citizen, will turn things around a little bit.

This is 2024,  not 1969 love and peace flower power movement.

Time to protect our streets and our Police officers.

Wake up, uk government.

Edited by rocketboy2
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

A sign of our times, perhaps violence goes hand in hand with despair, fear of a future without hope. There does seem to be a general lack of respect to others, especially in the Anglo-Saxon communities. I once saw short interviews of WWII pilots in England, lads of 18 to 20 years old, what surprised me was the obedience they showed towards their parent's wishes, even far from home they obeyed their parents. There is a lack of discipline in society, not just among teenagers, adults don't exactly show a good example, public drunkenness and drug taking, violence  at football matches etc bare witness to falling standards generally but I am also aware that even in ancient Rome similar complaints were made by the educated elite concerning the plebeian members of society, I am looking at the world through the eyes of an old man, raised in a different era where double standards was the norm but one still showed deference to one's 'betters'.

What exactly is an Anglo-Saxon community in Great Britain? You mean there are non-Anglo-Saxon communities in Great Britain and if so why should this be? I don't recall any politicians asking whether the British people wanted non Anglo-Saxons to be imported to their country in such numbers that they could form their own communities... Also it would appear that the machete wielding men, the ones causing the violence are non Anglo-Saxons - why would these men be living in despair and fear of a future without hope when their 'adopted' country is providing them with all means possible way in advance of what is being offered to indigenous Anglo-Saxons?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, siftasam said:

ID cards in Britain should be compulsory with suitable punishment for people not carrying them.

And so it begins.   The state introduce measures that inspire fear amongst the populace, in this case by deliberately importing fighting age men in their hundreds of thousands from 3rd world violent cultures.  The state then steps in with authoritarian measures (such as compulsory ID Cards with suitable punishments for not carrying them) to quell the fear of the populace it deliberately created with full support from that populace who were previously vehemently opposed to the idea.   

When you are asking the state to become more authoritarian to help remove the fear you now have because of deliberate choices they have made, this is the time to realize that you have been played.  

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, rocketboy2 said:

Wake up, uk government.

What? And end up like those across the pond.?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Gandtee said:

What? And end up like those across the pond.?

Stupid comment.

Different laws, different countries.

Also you don't need to go to the USA for this. 

Just look across the Moat. not the Pond. they seam to do ok with fire arms.

Ps A survey conducted in Great Britain in 2004 found that 47% of citizens supported arming all police while 48% were opposed to the idea

Wonder what that percentage,  would be today, if the public was asked.

Edited by rocketboy2

9 hours ago, rocketboy2 said:

The US doesn't seem to have followed your 'logic'. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, siftasam said:

ID cards in Britain should be compulsory with suitable punishment for people not carrying them.

Because carrying id would make those thugs think twice??? Is that the magic bullet to curb violence? 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, rocketboy2 said:

Wake up, uk government.

In the UK they would be afraid to use them, they will probably fear ending up in clink themselves...😌

Idiots with knives etc, just lock them up, no questions.....🤔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

In the UK they would be afraid to use them, they will probably fear ending up in clink themselves...😌

Something is wrong, Tranny - last week you agreed with me. This week I agree with you. 

Knives scare the hell out of me in general; when we see on TV some of those knives that thugs carry and use in the uk, I can't muster an ounce of sympathy for them. The penalties for carrying a knife in public need to be stronger because it seems that there is no deterrent now. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, soalbundy said:

All young people in these countries are fearful of their own financial future, it's the first time that they will probably not have as good a future as their parents. The financial 'weight' is turning to Asia destroying the assumption of western superiority and their birthright of a bright future.

I'm not convinced it's a zero sum situation. It's quite possible for Asia to rise without the West swirling down the commode.

But it's not possible to avoid the swirlies if the western gub'ments don't quit doing stupid stuff like unvetted immigration and promotion by quota instead of performance. Both of them, Asian countries are smart enough to put the kibosh on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, transam said:

Yes your right about the cops, not being backed up by the government.

what a crazy weak way the uk is.

The thugs and crim's just laugh at them.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Something is wrong, Tranny - last week you agreed with me. This week I agree with you. 

Knives scare the hell out of me in general; when we see on TV some of those knives that thugs carry and use in the uk, I can't muster an ounce of sympathy for them. The penalties for carrying a knife in public need to be stronger because it seems that there is no deterrent now. 

If you are not their target, its not that bad, and these things mostly happen between gangs. I've had people running towards me and straight past me with machetes, knives and an axe in north London. They are so focused on their rivals and silly postcodes that they don't see the common man. 

11 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

The ancient Romans had the Collosseum for peoples desire of violence .

That was a good idea , may be time to revive it ...?

Yep, Wembley Stadium, Saturdays 3pm. This 17 year old who stabbed the girls.....the parents of the girls stab him in public next match. Parade Huw Edwards and all his dirty kiddy photos just before that. All those who set fire to the police vehicles.......make them set fire to their own on TV. 

Edited by KannikaP
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, alien365 said:

If you are not their target, its not that bad, and these things mostly happen between gangs. I've had people running towards me and straight past me with machetes, knives and an axe in north London. They are so focused on their rivals and silly postcodes that they don't see the common man. 

Fair enough - I grew up in a tiny town in the Scottish Highlands so drunk drivers were the biggest hazard I faced in my youth. 

I watched a clip on YouTube a few weeks ago of two undercover cops apprehending a guy on a high street somewhere in England. A crowd formed who were hostile to the cops, jeering them and telling them to let him go. One of the cops turned to show the crowd this evil looking knife that must have been a foot long, which they had taken off the guy, and suddenly everything changed. Jeers turned to cheers. The public in general are sick of this knife culture. 

Edited by RuamRudy

5 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Like many things back home, over time things have got out of hand, soft, kids with their computer games etc, now think they are some sort of badass that has to prove something.

I thought the Judge in the "Just Stop Oil" case that sent those clowns to prison did a great job, most of that crowd will not risk it, just the oddballs..

A lot clearly needs sorting out, bring back the real deterrents, not a slap on the wrist..

When I was 15, I was put in front of a Judge for riding a scooter underage, I had to attend a detention centre on Saturdays. 

Another time (16) I had to go to court in front of a Judge, with a policeman attending as my prosecutor, for making excessive noise on my Lambretta...😂

I stood in the dock with my new silencer, which I bought in good faith at a spares shop, the Judge was looking over his glasses, sort of agreeing with me, but said, "Well, the officer does say your new silencer was making a noise, so I will fine you 2 pounds with no endorsement in your licence".... 😂

I think you can see my point, as to how things have changed and the kids are laughing...🤗

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

14 minutes ago, alien365 said:

Doesn't matter what their reason is to brandish weapons, lock-em-up...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, siftasam said:

Totally agree. All this silly registration to vote, just show your ID card, as they do here and in most other countries.

I remember when your birthdate was put on your Driving Licence in UK, although 'disguised'. and old ladies said No no no , the police will know how old I am.

In, for example, Sweden, everyone is issued an ID number, consisting of their date of birth, and whatever number child you were born on that date, odd numbers for males, even for female. That is your Passport number, Driving Licence number and whatever else. What a great system.

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Like many things back home, over time things have got out of hand, soft, kids with their computer games etc, now think they are some sort of badass that has to prove something.

I thought the Judge in the "Just Stop Oil" case that sent those clowns to prison did a great job, most of that crowd will not risk it, just the oddballs..

A lot clearly needs sorting out, bring back the real deterrents, not a slap on the wrist..

When I was 15, I was put in front of a Judge for riding a scooter underage, I had to attend a detention centre on Saturdays. 

Another time (16) I had to go to court in front of a Judge, with a policeman attending as my prosecutor, for making excessive noise on my Lambretta...😂

I stood in the dock with my new silencer, which I bought in good faith at a spares shop, the Judge was looking over his glasses, sort of agreeing with me, but said, "Well, the officer does say your new silencer was making a noise, so I will fine you 2 pounds with no endorsement in your licence".... 😂

I think you can see my point, as to how things have changed and the kids are laughing...🤗

But look how you ended up 

• Sad 1