Thai customer complains about buffet restaurant staff service

50 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:

Reading your totally useless comments over several threads, I would suggest you get a hobby, and stay off AN when all you have to do is to criticize other posters for really minor errors like spelling, etc.

Post when you have something interesting to say, not just useless barbs for no reason other than to antagonize people.  Some would say troll-like behavior.  Please stop it.  Just my opinion.

Thank you for your valuable input. Can you please point out the spelling mistake this regards?

My point here, was that too many posters here take for granted everything has to do with a he. Usually the old adage, as they believe they are the master race. It´s better to read first, so you know what you are talking and posting about. You know, that is just my opinion.

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Confused 3
  • Agree 2

I have never written a bad review on social media in my life.

No benefit to me if I did.

I have never written a sterling review on social media in my life.

Not benefit to me if I did.

If I should ever write a review on social media, then let it be completely ambiguous.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, steven100 said:

Any customer at any establishment should have the right to complain.

Only if the said customer could produce a better (in this case buffet) at home in his hers/ kitchen, then they're allowed to complain.

• Confused 5
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I have never written a bad review on social media in my life.

No benefit to me if I did.

I have never written a sterling review on social media in my life.

Not benefit to me if I did.

If I should ever write a review on social media, then let it be completely ambiguous.

then let it be completely ambiguous.

something like.. ???

this restaurant has seafood and noodles and 13 wait staff

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Ultimately, the customer who posted the critical review issued a public apology, admitting that the post was made in anger and that they only wanted the staff to communicate more politely. The customer expressed willingness to apologise formally if needed and stated their intention to remain a regular patron of the restaurant.

They also mentioned their financial inability to compensate the restaurant, having only a little over a thousand baht to their name.

In response, the restaurant owner reiterated that monetary compensation was required and confirmed that legal action had been initiated against the customer

A post made in anger and haste, brain in neutral while messaging.

No money to compensate for damages but enough money to eat at the restaurant?

Too late for the customer, you started a fire fight, now you pay.

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, DjSilver08 said:

As always, Thais can't take complaints. No wonder with such a low self-esteem 🤣

Did you read the story? Apparently the complaints were unjustified. How can anyone, regardless of ethnicity or nationality, be blamed for having low self-esteem and being angry with unjustified complaints that can affect their business?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

post-3-1.jpg

A heated social media argument erupted between a buffet restaurant and a dissatisfied customer, leading to a legal dispute. The incident began when a Facebook user posted a critical review of a conveyor belt hotpot buffet restaurant in the New Students MSU 68 group, citing poor service, especially in terms of the staff’s communication.

The restaurant owner responded with a detailed explanation, defending the establishment. The owner stated that the customer had inappropriately taken a communal dish (tteok-bokki) and placed it on their lap, despite being in the company of four other diners.

The manager had merely requested that the customer cover the dish to prevent it from drying out, contradicting claims of any aggressive behaviour as alleged in the customer’s post.

The owner further disputed the claim that the manager had shouted at the customer to close the door gently. Surveillance footage, reviewed from the time the customer entered until they left, reportedly showed no such incident occurred.

The owner expressed frustration at the customer’s suggestion that others should think twice before going, emphasising that the issue stemmed from the customer’s behaviour at the table, which was disrespectful to other diners.

In a passionate message, the owner swore on sacred entities that their account was truthful and challenged the customer to present any evidence of misconduct, proposing that the CCTV footage be used in court if necessary. The owner declared their intention to pursue legal action against the individual, identified only as Miss D, without any possibility of settlement.

Inappropriate complaint

The owner implored the public to consider that even anonymous posts can be traced and that such damaging actions should cease. They emphasised that there are many appropriate channels for complaints and that no business wants to face ruin. The restaurant is open to constructive feedback and willing to make improvements, but the owner felt compelled to defend their business against false accusations.

Ultimately, the customer who posted the critical review issued a public apology, admitting that the post was made in anger and that they only wanted the staff to communicate more politely. The customer expressed willingness to apologise formally if needed and stated their intention to remain a regular patron of the restaurant.

They also mentioned their financial inability to compensate the restaurant, having only a little over a thousand baht to their name.

In response, the restaurant owner reiterated that monetary compensation was required and confirmed that legal action had been initiated against the customer, reported KhaoSod.

By Puntid Tantivangphaisal

Photo courtesy of KhaoSod

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-08-01

-  Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

How old are they? 

Kindergarten age?

It's ridiculous 😂

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, nakhonandy said:

On the face f it this seems to be a spat about nothing.

However, these bad reviews can have a serious impact on the income of a business. Some have even been forced to close due to these reviews.

Should these reviews be vindictive and baseless the business should have the right to financial compensation. It may may people think twice about posting false reviews. 

Absolutely right. I'm a musician, and a dispute about cancellation fees (they had let me actually show up at a wedding party and then cancelled me without cause) led to a guy completely fabricating a review on the booking agency's page. He removed it when the agency caught on, I could have sued for defamation and won, but I had a lot of things going on at the time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arick said:

They should be a rating system one starts at 10 star and just give everybody one star without saying anything then what would happen

Well that would work, but having anecdotal reviews has a bigger impact. There are bumps in every road

Just now, Jonathan Swift said:

Well that would work, but having anecdotal reviews has a bigger impact. There are bumps in every road

Well the only people in Southeast Asia that have given my condo room less less than a 10-star review has been a Thai woman. Go figure she said nothing .