Trump's Controversial Remarks at Black Journalists' Convention Sparks Outrage

Social Media

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Let me guess: you are upset because there were no white moderators. Therefore, no moderator was actually qualified.

I said no male moderator. It is assumed all parties ties would be black given the venue. I have no problem with that.

Edited by Cryingdick

3 hours ago, Tug said:

He just can’t help himself I admire the journalist for not being intimidated by this geriatric fool and keeping to pressing for answers to their questions kudos lady’s don’t take any cr@& off that old rasist!

It certainly was an astonishing performance!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

The black community will spot that Harris is an opportunist. An imposter.

They are not as stupid as you think.  

So now you speak for the black community in the US.

Are you wearing a ‘Blacks for Trump T-Shirt’?

Nobody will take your views on the matter seriously unless you are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Trump did so poorly that his staff pulled him out faster than the Secret Service when Trump got shot.

They pulled him off when the discussion moved to Project 2025.

No better way to broadcast Trump’s Achilles heel.

Or at least the one his handlers are really concerned about.

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So now you speak for the black community in the US.

Are you wearing a ‘Blacks for Trump T-Shirt’?

Nobody will take your views on the matter seriously unless you are.

Are you a cracker?

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, impulse said:

I have been liking Scott Adams since I first discovered Dilbert around 1990.  Now, I think I love the guy.

“Oh my God it was perfect. It was good as the Rosie O’Donnell. In my mind this was as good as the Rosie O’Donnell play.

Did he look nervous? Nope.

Did he look completely comfortable the entire time he was under attack? Yes he did. He looked like a guy who could take a bullet in the f**ing ear and stand up and pump his fist and say ‘Fight fight fight!’. That’s the guy that showed up.

If shooting him doesn’t make him stop, I don’t think your list of insults will.

How much did I enjoy that? 10/10.

Who changed the conversation about all of politics? Trump did.

Did you hear the word weird yet today?

He managed to change the entire cycle to ‘Why are you being such a bitch’ basically.

I'll let you look that up on Twitter.  It's blocked here, and if I post a link to to my source, it'll be reported and deleted as an unapproved source. Even though it would only be an attribution as required by fair play, and not a statement of fact.

"He managed to change the entire cycle to ‘Why are you being such a bitch’ basically."

Scott Adams believes that nasty attacks on a female journalist will play well politically? That says a lot about Adams' disconnect from political reality. And yours.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The journalist asked tough questions. 

"You have pushed false claims about some of your rivals, from Nikki Haley to former President Barack Obama, saying that they were not born in the United States, which is not true. You have told four congressmen, women of color, who were American citizens, to go back to where they came from. You have used words like 'animal' and 'rabid' to describe Black district attorneys...."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-interviewed-national-association-black-journalists-convention-chicago/story?id=112435331

What's personal about this or any of the others? This is about what Trump has said. 

And thanks for speaking on behalf of African American men. Please share with us the evidence that your claim is fact-based.

To older Black men, Harris’s biography is atypical, and she can be seen as an enigma. Her immigrant parents were from the upper classes of Jamaica and India, and she was predominantly raised in a South Asian household.  Black men may have doubts about her incarceration practices as a prosecutor in California, and, less important, about her marriage to a wealthy white corporate lawyer. 

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/4800764-symbolism-wont-persuade-black-men-to-vote-for-harris-heres-what-will/

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

To older Black men, Harris’s biography is atypical, and she can be seen as an enigma. Her immigrant parents were from the upper classes of Jamaica and India, and she was predominantly raised in a South Asian household.  Black men may have doubts about her incarceration practices as a prosecutor in California, and, less important, about her marriage to a wealthy white corporate lawyer. 

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/4800764-symbolism-wont-persuade-black-men-to-vote-for-harris-heres-what-will/

I'll go with a columnist who relies on numbers:

Donald Trump's Gains With Black Voters Have Been Wiped Out

A CNN poll conducted on July 22 and 23, surveying 1,631 registered voters who had previously participated in CNN polls in April and June, found that Harris had the support of 78 percent of Black voters, while Trump had 15 percent. A previous poll had 23 percent of Black voters backing Trump, while 73 percent backed Biden.

Meanwhile, an ActiVote survey, conducted between July 21 and 23, found Black voters were overwhelmingly backing Harris—90 percent said they were supporting Harris, while 10 percent were backing Trump.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-black-voters-gains-wiped-out-1929974

Trump’s outreach to Black men hits a stumbling block: Kamala Harris

In the days after Harris announced her candidacy, more than 50,000 Black men registered for a virtual event in her support, and one-third of them donated to her campaign, amounting to more than $1 million. In less than a week, Trump’s progress with Black voters seems to have been wiped out.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2024/07/30/trump-harris-black-men-2024/

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

She does have a reputation of being a tough DA thats  true she also has a reputation as a tough AG just ask the big banks that tryed cheating folks after the 08 housing disaster…….