Cheap Charlies blocked my review

Pattaya57

7 minutes ago, Sqoop said:

Yes that was my impression. Very moody waitresses. Food is average but they need to pay attention to detail. Food quality / delivery is poor. 

They should go waitress free like a food court, go to front desk, order food, sit down, pick up food when ready, gets rid of moody waitress problem and saves money for restaurant

• Confused 1

On 8/27/2024 at 3:52 PM, Pattaya57 said:

Yeah, he chatted to me when I went in and brought me a menu. I'd much rather have a cute Thai girl do that instead of a fat old British guy

Interesting he is allowed to do that under work permit conditions.

Seems sillly to risk it otherwise.

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

They should go waitress free like a food court, go to front desk, order food, sit down, pick up food when ready, gets rid of moody waitress problem and saves money for restaurant

Yes, take the Thai Mrs and waitresses not required!

• Haha 1

On 8/3/2024 at 10:46 AM, Pattaya57 said:

Here's the Nicky's full english breaky (includes large coffee). I consider that a very good breakfast for 99 baht

Looks like good value  can you change coffee for tea ?

On 8/3/2024 at 12:06 AM, Pattaya57 said:

I got my money back on first 3 specials, they just weren't very good.

That doesn't sound like getting your money back... 

"the food was awful and the portions were too small" - old joke. 

On 8/2/2024 at 11:24 PM, Pattaya57 said:

Anyway, I thought I'd post that tomorrow's sirloin steak special was not very good when I had it a couple of weeks ago, but what else to expect for 99 baht and within 2 minutes I was banned from their Facebook page. Now I understand why all the posts are so positive, anything else is just banned 😆 

Edited August 2 by Pattaya57

I wonder what quality you expect from a steak that's openly stated as costing 99 THB?

And you've already been there 4 or 5 times?

7 hours ago, In Full Agreement said:

I wonder what quality you expect from a steak that's openly stated as costing 99 THB?

And you've already been there 4 or 5 times?

It sells for 199 baht for 150 grams which is by far the most expensive item on Cheap Charlies menu 

(it's 99 baht for me only because I bough the Specials deal card)

On 8/3/2024 at 12:57 AM, champers said:

You get what you pay for.

You don't get what you overpay for.  There's a number of places which charge very high prices (especially factoring in the ++ rip-off) that the wealthy assume makes the food/service worth it.

• Agree 1

On 9/7/2024 at 1:51 PM, scubascuba3 said:

A lot of people go to restaurants, bars and especially cafe's to interact with other people. If that was not the case almost everybody would stay home.

Even a negative interaction with wait staff is an interaction. To your social bonding mind that problem is the same as good service. It's all about having "some sort of interaction".

You see everyone on the phone at many places these days, but they are doing that in public around other people. That's one thing McD's etc got wrong about self-checkout.

On 9/12/2024 at 9:02 PM, 1FinickyOne said:
On 9/12/2024 at 3:08 PM, NanLaew said:

That's not tipping.

Poor folks don't work in bars and restaurants.

of course they do... I dom't go into bars but in restaurants, all the time. 

If they are employed as waitstaff, they aren't poor. They may be on minimum wage and like many, they may have difficulties managing a budget, but no, they are not poor.

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Food courts are busy so people are quite happy picking up food themselves and no waitress

Food courts are about people being herded in due to other needed shops in the vicinity (or because they are skint and can't afford not to), not somewhere where people go to be happy.

Most people want the wait staff. Ditto with bars, they want attention basically. Attention is energy. Drawing energy to yourself either by creating noise, looking different (clothing that stands out, jewelry, fancy cars/watches), eating out and being seen and noticed.

That's what door greeters do. They are giving people attention and energy. Most people will go to where they are noticed.

Edited by JimTripper