Israel Hamas War the Widening Middle East Conflict

1 minute ago, coolcarer said:

If you read my posts again it tells you why. 

All you ever did in this regard was try to get me to share my feelings with you. Never did you address the issue of the validity of the charge as opposed to the issue of who was making it. You've got nothing.

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

All you ever did in this regard was try to get me to share my feelings with you. Never did you address the issue of the validity of the charge as opposed to the issue of who was making it. You've got nothing.

I have empathy for the mother and respect not to question her statements even knowing that they may not be accurate. That is not nothing.

47 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

I have empathy for the mother and respect not to question her statements even knowing that they may not be accurate. That is not nothing.

So, you have no problem with her questioning being introduced as evidence of some sort in this thread but a problem with questioning it?

Actually, the people who showed little respect for Ayelet Samerano are those who enabled her to be present at the public forum where she could make those dubious claims. Exploitation much?

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

So, you have no problem with her questioning being introduced as evidence of some sort in this thread but a problem with questioning it?

Actually, the people who showed little respect for Ayelet Samerano are those who enabled her to be present at the public forum where she could make those dubious claims. Exploitation much?

Who enabled her to be present and speak her mind there?  What makes you think she was exploited by others?

9 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Who enabled her to be present and speak her mind there?  What makes you think she was exploited by others?

Because if you put her in a public venue to make such claims then everyone has a perfect right to question those claims. After all, she was being used to advance the agenda of those who brought her there. If she were grieving at home with her loved ones she could make whatever allegations she liked and no outsider would have a right or a legitimate reason to question them.

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Because if you put her in a public venue to make such claims then everyone has a perfect right to question those claims. After all, she was being used to advance the agenda of those who brought her there. If she were grieving at home with her loved ones she could make whatever allegations she liked and no outsider would have a right or a legitimate reason to question them.

You deflected.

"So, you have no problem with her questioning being introduced as evidence of some sort in this thread but a problem with questioning it?

Actually, the people who showed little respect for Ayelet Samerano are those who enabled her to be present at the public forum where she could make those dubious claims. Exploitation much?"

16 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Link?

12 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

You deflected.

"So, you have no problem with her questioning being introduced as evidence of some sort in this thread but a problem with questioning it?

Actually, the people who showed little respect for Ayelet Samerano are those who enabled her to be present at the public forum where she could make those dubious claims. Exploitation much?"

Link?

I was hoping you would ask:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C-JW3C1N1eH/

The same people whose post of her in Lausanne appears as some sort of evidence in this forum.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, coolcarer said:

So how is that exploiting her? Has she not got her own mind and opinions. 

Because they're  using a grief-stricken mother her to advance their agenda. They must have known that they would be exposing her to public criticism. They are using her grief to lend credence to claims unbacked by evidence. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Because they're  using a grief-stricken mother her to advance their agenda. They must have known that they would be exposing her to public criticism. They are using her grief to lend credence to claims unbacked by evidence. 

So when Ayelet Samareno went to the UN Security Council and was invited to speak by the US Ambassador Linda Thomas-Greenfield, was she also being exploited then? 

" "even as we speak now, is it the UN who is holding my son captive? Do you know where he is, I am asking you and I am asking you to bring him back to me"

https://youtu.be/bT-WLDJkvgU

What public criticism has she been getting? Only read yours so far. How distasteful of people to criticize grieving mother. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

So when Ayelet Samareno went to the UN Security Council and was invited to speak by the US Ambassador Linda Thomas-Greenfield, was she also being exploited then? 

" "even as we speak now, is it the UN who is holding my son captive? Do you know where he is, I am asking you and I am asking you to bring him back to me"

https://youtu.be/bT-WLDJkvgU

What public criticism has she been getting? Only read yours so far. How distasteful of people to criticize grieving mother. 

Of course she was used to advance an agenda. You think political agendas are beneath the dignity of a UN Ambassador? Where do you think she gets her marching orders from? God?  And criticizing the validity of her assertions is not the same as criticizing her. But, of course, people like UN.watch use her grief as a shield to prevent criticism. It's they who deserve condemnation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Of course she was used to advance an agenda. You think political agendas are beneath the dignity of a UN Ambassador? Where do you think she gets her marching orders from? God?  And criticizing the validity of her assertions is not the same as criticizing her. But, of course, people like UN.watch use her grief as a shield to prevent criticism. It's they who deserve condemnation.

You keep making unfounded assertions and now accusing the UN ambassador of using her. You also said she was exposed to public criticism. Where?

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Just seen on Al Jazeera. An American carrier strike force and a missile submarine are on their way to the M E. WW3 being brought to you by the peace loving Democrat leadership of the USA.

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-765231

Every time I read one of your new posts I look out for you claiming that the  threat of WW3 or MAD, is round the corner I'm rarely disappointed. :thumbsup: 

17 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

My point was that but for Hamas, and the Palestinians that support them, there would be not conflict, but of course you knew that, yes? 

I have the opposite view. IMO if israel had not spent decades oppressing Palestinians and stealing their land Hamas would not exist and there would be no conflict.

• Agree 1

Further sickening news from the terrorists, they just admitted to murdering another of the hostages and seriously wounding two of the female hostage. 

"BREAKING: Hamas says one hostage being held in Gaza has been killed by his guard, while two other female hostages were seriously injured"

Hamas says its guards killed a hostage, wounded two others; IDF investigating claim

The military wing of Hamas on Monday said that members of the terror group assigned to guard Israeli hostages killed a male captive and seriously wounded another two female hostages. The Israel Defense Forces said it could neither confirm nor deny the claim.

Hudhaifa Kahlout — known by the nom de guerre Abu Obeida — the spokesman for the Al Qassam Brigades, said in a statement that the shootings had happened in two separate incidents and that “attempts are being made to save” the lives of the wounded hostages.

Abu Obeida’s statement, issued on Telegram, did not identify the hostages or say when or where the incidents occurred,

https://www.timesofisrael.com/hamas-says-its-guards-killed-a-hostage-wounded-two-others-idf-investigating-claim/

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Further sickening news from the terrorists, they just admitted to murdering another of the hostages and seriously wounding two of the female hostage. 

"BREAKING: Hamas says one hostage being held in Gaza has been killed by his guard, while two other female hostages were seriously injured"

Hamas says its guards killed a hostage, wounded two others; IDF investigating claim

The military wing of Hamas on Monday said that members of the terror group assigned to guard Israeli hostages killed a male captive and seriously wounded another two female hostages. The Israel Defense Forces said it could neither confirm nor deny the claim.

Hudhaifa Kahlout — known by the nom de guerre Abu Obeida — the spokesman for the Al Qassam Brigades, said in a statement that the shootings had happened in two separate incidents and that “attempts are being made to save” the lives of the wounded hostages.

Abu Obeida’s statement, issued on Telegram, did not identify the hostages or say when or where the incidents occurred,

https://www.timesofisrael.com/hamas-says-its-guards-killed-a-hostage-wounded-two-others-idf-investigating-claim/

Perhaps the guard just found out that his entire family had been killed by the israelis. Something like that tends to make people do things in anger.

Meanwhile, according to the BBC 13 prisoners have died in israeli prisons since October due to beatings and withholding of medications. Do you have any concern for them Bkk Brian?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68780112

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps the guard just found out that his entire family had been killed by the israelis. Something like that tends to make people do things in anger.

Meanwhile, according to the BBC 13 prisoners have died in israeli prisons since October due to beatings and withholding of medications. Do you have any concern for them Bkk Brian?

No.......You, reap what you sew.....Including you...........🤫

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The article did not say that, but why start telling the truth now? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

The article did not say that, but why start telling the truth now? 

Thirteen Palestinian prisoners have since died in Israeli prisons, "the majority of them as a result of beating or denial of medication", the commission's head, Qadoura Fares, told the BBC.

From the article.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Will B Good said:

Thirteen Palestinian prisoners have since died in Israeli prisons, "the majority of them as a result of beating or denial of medication", the commission's head, Qadoura Fares, told the BBC.

From the article.

Which is not at all the same as: "Meanwhile, according to the BBC 13 prisoners have died in israeli prisons since October due to beatings and withholding of medications." 

That you CBA to actually compare the two and see the differences is not surprising. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Making things up to distract from murdering a hostage and seriously injuring two female hostages. How sick 🤮

16 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Making things up to distract from murdering a hostage and seriously injuring two female hostages. How sick 🤮

It was a suggestion.

Meanwhile do you have any concern for the Palestinian prisoners killed in israeli prisons, or is it OK when the "most moral" do it, and only really really bad when Hamas does it?

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It was a suggestion.

Meanwhile do you have any concern for the Palestinian prisoners killed in israeli prisons, or is it OK when the "most moral" do it, and only really really bad when Hamas does it?

No you made it up and it was a pure  deflection from the gravity of the horrific murder of an innocent hostage and the serious wounding of two innocent female hostages. You must be very proud of yourself. Disgusting that you're still at it with the vile deflection.

One hostage held by Hamas in Gaza has been killed by the Hamas terrorist assigned to guard him, and another two female hostages have been seriously injured, the spokesperson of the Hamas armed wing, Abu Obeida, announced on Telegram on Monday.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

No you made it up and it was a pure  deflection from the gravity of the horrific murder of an innocent hostage and the serious wounding of two innocent female hostages. You must be very proud of yourself. Disgusting that you're still at it with the vile deflection.

One hostage held by Hamas in Gaza has been killed by the Hamas terrorist assigned to guard him, and another two female hostages have been seriously injured, the spokesperson of the Hamas armed wing, Abu Obeida, announced on Telegram on Monday.

I would say this is pretty serious as well. And fitting the thread topic.

"Thirteen Palestinian prisoners have since died in Israeli prisons, "the majority of them as a result of beating or denial of medication", the commission's head, Qadoura Fares, told the BBC".

Edited by stevenl

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

I would say this is pretty serious as well. And fitting the thread topic.

"Thirteen Palestinian prisoners have since died in Israeli prisons, "the majority of them as a result of beating or denial of medication", the commission's head, Qadoura Fares, told the BBC".

A 4 month old article. I had that posted to me twice already by @thaibeachlovers what makes you think I've not seen it and what has it got to do with my post?

12 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So no acknowledgement of the hostages just close your eyes to the further war crimes that Hamas have just admitted to and dig up an old link to hope attention is diverted to the horrors of Hamas, sad.

Did you even read it? At least one of them belonged to Hamas.

"His brother Ibrahim said the charges against him were minor, such as taking part in protests and possessing a firearm, but said he was also accused of belonging to Hamas although there were no specific charges about any activities within the group."

Did you read about one of the prisoners they released in exchange for hostages?

Israeli hurt in attack by terrorist freed in hostage deal

A 60-year-old Israeli was seriously wounded in a terror attack in the West Bank city of Qalqilya on Monday evening. He was there to repair his car although Israelis are forbidden from entering the city which is under Palestinian Authority control.

The terrorist was identified as Tariq Ziad Abed el Rahum Daud, who was released from prison in November as part of the deal with Hamas to release some of the women and children hostages abducted on October 7.

https://www.ynetnews.com/article/bkdve0d50

• Like 1

Terrible news about what’s just been announced by the terrorists. There is supposed to be 14 female hostages left alive one of those includes the mother of the baby and 4 year old still being held. I know each of them by sight on published images. I really hope they will recover from those serious wounds Hamas said they inflicted on them. RIP to the murdered male hostage. Families back in Israel, the US and other countries must be worried sick desperate to know if it’s one of their kids. 

Edited by coolcarer
  • Like 1