Do you hate the Police?

5 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚You must of been a young hoodlum when you were younger BOB πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Nope.

Β 

I was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time!

The police where I come from had a tendency to tar all young people with the same brush.. Especially if you looked/dressed a certain way.

Β 

bob.

Edited by bob smith

3 minutes ago, Dexxter said:

At the very best I completely distrust them and try to avoid all contact. Usually I have a strong dislike for them, but during the covid period I really started to hate them. They way overstepped their authority and showed their true colours during the protests.

Yes definitely!

Even in AustraliaΒ 

They fined me $500 for not wearing a maskΒ 

So now .....I wear one at work all the time πŸ˜‚Β 

Posted (edited)

The UK government doesn't care for the safety of their police officers,Β  either does the UK Police Union.

I do feel sorry for the UK police though.

No safety at all,Β 

Β 

No firearms ,untrained ,unfit , bespectacled

,so what do you do in a country village area some bloke comes at you with a knife at nightΒ 

I guess ....Run ! πŸƒπŸƒ

Β 

Edited by georgegeorgia

Distrusted them ever since the UK miner's strikes in the 80's. Metropolitan Police drafted and bussed up from London to smash picket lines and (gleefully) brutalize striking miners in Northern coal towns in the 1980's.

They are at the whim of political actors obviously. We saw that when they adopt the 'gloves off' tactics for Covid protests, yet allow and even facilitate people stopping commercial traffic by sitting in or gluing themselves to roads, etc. Just glad UK cops haven't yet adopted the military weaponry of other Western forces. So far.

• Thumbs Up 1

Police are the politicized enforcement arm of radical ideologies. No policeman is your friend. He's only loyal to his paycheck and pension. In the US, the only still (barely) reliable law enforcement official is your county sheriff, who is directly responsible to the people for his actions.

• Love It 1

22 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

This is not really for expats in Asia but I was watching YouTube seeing protestors against the immigration in the UK being bashed with shields even elderly men.

Β 

I see people shouting out scum etc to to policeΒ 

Β 

I saw it in Australia too during Covid where police were bashing and manhandling protestersΒ 

Β 

I was once walking home from work , in 2021 in Australia in the middle of a Covid protest.

I saw a old cop with his back turned standing in front of a raised garden bedΒ 

Suddenly a protestor pushed him into the garden bed arse over.

I stood there and lauged at the old cop as he lay face down in mud πŸ˜…Β 

Β 

Are we in the Western Countries turning against the police ?

Β 

British police in particular seem to be government ass lickers !Β 

Whilst there are a lot of the police in the UK which being kind are not fit for purpose, most of the problems for the police come from the people in charge of the areas and country. A softly softly approach combined with certain religions being untouchable does not help anyone.

1 hour ago, huangnon said:

Distrusted them ever since the UK miner's strikes in the 80's. Metropolitan Police drafted and bussed up from London to smash picket lines and (gleefully) brutalize striking miners in Northern coal towns in the 1980's.

They are at the whim of political actors obviously. We saw that when they adopt the 'gloves off' tactics for Covid protests, yet allow and even facilitate people stopping commercial traffic by sitting in or gluing themselves to roads, etc. Just glad UK cops haven't yet adopted the military weaponry of other Western forces. So far.

Do you remember Margaret Thatcher gave police a 45% pay rise ahead of the anticipated trouble?

• Like 1

Don't hate the RTP but have no respect for them and am very wary on any dealings, thankfully very few to date. As for my home country police, Australia, I view most of the state and Federal police forces as politically, ethically and morally corrupt as institutions. However I believe the bulk of the individual police are honest, hard working and effective. But clearly things change on the way up the greasy pole.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Do you remember Margaret Thatcher gave police a 45% pay rise ahead of the anticipated trouble?

And they turned on you .

Β 

Mind you it's not the same Generation of police of course different eraΒ 

Β 

On another note I heard it's not the best job to be a police officer in Northern Ireland, apparently you have to check under your car everyday for bombs and that before arriving at work....sounds a great job

Β 

😱

Β 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Agree 1

On 8/5/2024 at 10:15 AM, georgegeorgia said:

Sounds like you have been brought up wrapped in cotton wool in a perfect worldΒ 

Β 

Never saw police bash innocent people have you?

Β 

Β 

Β 

I've never seen or heard of police 'bashing' anyone who had not committed a crime, or was doing exactly what they had been told to do by the police.Β 

However, I have seen criminal getting bashed and I've seen plenty of videos of people being given orders and rather than doing what is being asked, they have continued to argue or with the police, so of course the police are then forced to go from verbal orders to physical action.

On 8/4/2024 at 6:04 PM, KannikaP said:

17 minutes between Deep Breathing and Hating the Police. What goes on in your head George?

Β 

Β 

Lots of room for thoughts to rattle about I guess.

• Love It 1

I find it hard to reconcile the vitriol some posters have toward the UK police and how they would react if requiring assistance from them.

Β 

Pound to a penny they would be the first to scream and demand police action for any tiny, little thing that upset their fragile little egos.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

I find it hard to reconcile the vitriol some posters have toward the UK police and how they would react if requiring assistance from them.

Β 

Pound to a penny they would be the first to scream and demand police action for any tiny, little thing that upset their fragile little egos.

Yep, they are hypocrite numpties.......πŸ€”

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I bet they'll give their jail wardens more respect.

They are that stupid, they will probably sit in the prison corridors with "Just Stop Oil" T-shirts on for something to do....πŸ€•

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, transam said:

They are that stupid, they will probably sit in the prison corridors with "Just Stop Oil" T-shirts on for something to do....πŸ€•

Β 

Β 

Got to be better than having a shower.

On 8/5/2024 at 2:07 PM, georgegeorgia said:

Your another one wrapped in cotton wool,I lived through the police corruption era I saw it first hand in Sydney.

You should of got out and about during your younger yearsΒ 

Β 

Should HAVE..............from the Spelling/Grammar Police.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Haha 1

On 8/5/2024 at 4:25 PM, The Fugitive said:

Β 

Β 

Sold the family silver to bribed the police, soldiers and fire service to toe the line.....leaving latter generations to pick up the tab......you could almost say it was clever if it hadn't had such tragic consequences.

• Agree 1

On 8/4/2024 at 11:15 PM, Gandtee said:

I don't hate the police. I feel sorry for them at the sharp end, having to carry out the politically correct orders from the top brass. And for the type of training that they seem to be given now. Many of them seem to be straight out of college. In my day many policemen were ex-military and behaved as such. You didn't argue or get into a political discussion. It was a whack around the back of your head and "It's Bow Street for you my lad."Β Β 

I agree, I once thought about joining up, but it was in those days of yore. I didn't in the end, as someone went into a cop shop and killed the duty cop with a shotgun. I thought I was probably safer in the military and stayed in.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I agree, I once thought about joining up, but it was in those days of yore. I didn't in the end, as someone went into a cop shop and killed the duty cop with a shotgun. I thought I was probably safer in the military and stayed in.

New Zealand police look like the UK police with this bowler hats ,is that what they call them ?

I think they copied the UK police too...no gun carrying cops in NZ tooΒ 

20 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Β 

Cops are supposed to help good people and arrest criminals. Beating up non violent protesters is not supposed to be part of their job.

Β 

In NZ I get the impression the bad guys laugh at the cops. Only time I've had personal interaction with cops in the UK, they behaved like arrogant s***t h***s, and that was female cops.

I might have an opinion about cops in NZ, but the only time I've seen them is driving in their cars. I get the impression people just don't want to be cops anymore, so hardly any of them.