Honeymoon rhinitis

tgw

I've had this condition for as long as I can remember.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honeymoon_rhinitis

https://medium.com/@moderntechbiz/the-ultimate-guide-to-dealing-with-honeymoon-rhinitis-c920d227c30

My nose is neither inflammated nor irritated nor is it an allergy.

The wikipedia article is close to the truth:

The condition appears to be genetically determined and caused by the presence in the nose of erectile tissue which may become engorged during sexual arousal, as a side effect of the signals from the autonomic nervous system that trigger changes in the genitals of both men and women.

additionally, my condition is also related to blood pressure.

since I was a child, every time I did sports, my nose would shut.

the only treatment that worked so far are decongestants.

is there another treatment ?

I know my father had the insides of his nose cauterized using red-glowing iron.

AI response....

.Honeymoon rhinitis is a non-allergic rhinitis triggered by sexual activity.

Here are some effective treatments:

1. **Topical Decongestants:** Short-term use of nasal decongestant sprays can help relieve nasal congestion. However, they should not be used for more than a few days to avoid rebound congestion.

2. **Antihistamines:** Non-sedating antihistamines can help reduce symptoms even though the condition is not caused by an allergy.

3. **Nasal Corticosteroids:** These can reduce inflammation and are effective for long-term management if symptoms are frequent.

4. **Avoiding Triggers:** Identifying and avoiding specific triggers, such as certain positions or activities, can help minimize symptoms.

5. **Saline Nasal Sprays:** These can help rinse out irritants and keep nasal passages moist.

If symptoms persist, it is advisable to consult a healthcare professional for a tailored treatment plan.

Hope that's of use.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

AI response....

.Honeymoon rhinitis is a non-allergic rhinitis triggered by sexual activity.

Here are some effective treatments:

1. **Topical Decongestants:** Short-term use of nasal decongestant sprays can help relieve nasal congestion. However, they should not be used for more than a few days to avoid rebound congestion.

2. **Antihistamines:** Non-sedating antihistamines can help reduce symptoms even though the condition is not caused by an allergy.

3. **Nasal Corticosteroids:** These can reduce inflammation and are effective for long-term management if symptoms are frequent.

4. **Avoiding Triggers:** Identifying and avoiding specific triggers, such as certain positions or activities, can help minimize symptoms.

5. **Saline Nasal Sprays:** These can help rinse out irritants and keep nasal passages moist.

If symptoms persist, it is advisable to consult a healthcare professional for a tailored treatment plan.

Hope that's of use.

zero use, unfortunately

1- that's what I'm doing

2- waste of money, doesn't work

3- symptoms are daily and there is no inflammation

4- hahaha

5- there are no irritants to rinse out

BTW, I also visited 3 otorhinolaryngologists in the past who were as useful as the

AI. but then, I didn't demonstrate the symptom.

might have worked if the assistants were more attractive. alas, this was in Switzerland and France.

Edited by tgw

16 hours ago, tgw said:

zero use, unfortunately

1- that's what I'm doing

2- waste of money, doesn't work

3- symptoms are daily and there is no inflammation

4- hahaha

5- there are no irritants to rinse out

BTW, I also visited 3 otorhinolaryngologists in the past who were as useful as the

AI. but then, I didn't demonstrate the symptom.

might have worked if the assistants were more attractive. alas, this was in Switzerland and France.

Lived in France for two years. I've never before come across such ugly women. Shattered all my expectations and was one of the reasons I moved here.

As for your blocked nose, I've suffered with one all my life and tried every remedy under the sun inlcuding cauterisation. Nothing worked and I've just learned to live with it. Some days are good, others not so good.

Edited by jesimps

In UK I suffered hayfever every year until I heard about Kenilogue(?) Long Acting steroid injections.  I got an instant cure that lasted about six weeks which was the bulk of the season.