Another victim of Pattaya Soi 6 'security' thugs

NanLaew

I was just about to post this since It wasn't reported here last I looked. I first heard about it from someone who knew him and posted the info to a Line group. My friend on the Line group posted a photo of him in the ICU at BPH.

I wonder if this is the same "Bouncers" that were involved in the last beatdown on The 6.

• Agree 1

Been living in Pattaya 12 years now and never even thought about having a drink in that place... hope the chap recovers and the thugs are brought to account...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

"Witnesses reported that Mr Westendorf was attacked after leaning against a vehicle, with an argument escalating to violence"

If all of this transpired for simply leaning against a vehicle, that's sad.

Too bad there's no video. Someone did apparently film it, so wonder if the video will come out soon. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

As a personal friend of both the victim and his wife, I can safely say you couldn't be more wrong.

Back on topic, he is in ICU with a very serious head injury.

Sorry to hear that....... 

Bad that this incident appears to have been kept quiet, and yet more serious than the last one!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bob smith said:

It's really very simple : Just don't go.

hit the thais where it hurts them the most - their pockets!

bob.

These appear to be the same security as the British run and operated Nightwish Group headed by Bryan Flowers.

There have been many bashings there over the years, including an Australian who was killed.

I don’t think by you not going it will hurt the security guards pocket, he will be on a fixed monthly salary. 

I suspect there is a bit more to this story than the old guy just leaning on a car. As we saw with the last incident down there the Brits were itching for a fight.

And they got a lesson in violence. 

Thais dont go around bashing farangs for no reason. 

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Awful for the guy.

Being drunk, masculine confidence (when reality being you are never going to win a fight against any Thai's out here), and mix it in bouncers who aren't well trained to defuse a situation but rather use brute force - is not a good mixture. 

Of course the bouncer may come across incidents like this all the time, and 99% are dealt with without issue. 

Tragic. 

If you are intoxicated out here, and you feel a confrontation coming on - just walk away. Don't get too caught up in it emotionally. Easier said than done when you're pisssed however. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, DonniePeverley said:

(when reality being you are never going to win a fight against any Thai's out here)

thais are soft as sh!te 1 on 1.

they hunt in packs, like rabid dogs.

bob.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

In 1984, I ended up in a Pattaya hospital with a major face wound after a large beer bottle was used by a bar security chap in Pattaya Land 1, to teach me not to park my car outside a bar that I wasn't drinking in that night.

Things haven't really improved much over the past 40-odd years.

I bet you didn’t park there again. 
Lesson learned. 

What were you driving back then?

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, bob smith said:

thais are soft as sh!te 1 on 1.

they hunt in packs, like rabid dogs.

bob.

Pound for pound they are better fighters than us. 
National sport is Muay Thai.

It sounds like you are intimidated by them.

Have you been watching the news about the rioters back home this week? Not much one on one going on. A lot of brick throwing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, bob smith said:

...men with small willy's can never intimidate me!

it's just not possible.

bob.

I am not in the habit of checking out other men’s penises. Zero interest to me.

But if it is your thing then good luck with that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

I am not in the habit of checking out other men’s penises. Zero interest to me.

But if it is your thing then good luck with that. 

don't need to check them out.

everyone already knows how small they are.

bob.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, retarius said:

I have lived here for 15 years now. I have never been assaulted by bouncers, but I have always paid my bill and not threatened the staff. 

I had a bottle ripped out of my hand suddenly and very aggressively  so a thuggish bouncer could check for a paint spot on the bottom. Backpackers bringing in drinks had been assaulted before.

I had done nothing wrong, another very nice man had just served me and brought me change

I've probably been to both Walking Street and Soi 6 maybe 4-5 times in 22 years living here. Even then I only go to those places with tourist friends on short time holidays as I show them around.

39 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

I bet you didn’t park there again. 
Lesson learned. 

What were you driving back then?

I learned not to park outside ANY business that I didn't have ANY business in. You will be pleased to hear that I haven't had my head kicked in since, and the extra walking does me good.

A rental car. Why?