Warning Signs of US Recession: A Potential Setback for Kamala Harris

Social Media

6 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

What is it you are asking for, an opinion piece in the MSM that blames Biden? Sorry, no can do, but I bet you can find plenty blaming Trump. 

Canceled the Keystone XL pipeline, shutdown sales and leasing on federal land, implemented a historic royalty rate increase, and countless new regulations. Did he not say he wanted to significantly reduce production? Was he lying? 

Biden Administration Reopens Federal Lands for Oil and Gas Leasing Under Reformed Program (bhfs.com)

So no evidence Biden is responsible for global oil prices, as expected.

2 minutes ago, candide said:

Not if you believe that supply and cost of production are unrelated to cost, no, sorry. 

13 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Got any evidence from a credible source to back that up? According to Statista, oil production in the USA in 2020 was 713.3 metric tons in 2020 and 715.9 in 2021.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/265215/us-oil-production-in-million-metric-tons/

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=pet&s=mcrfpus2&f=m

2020 11,318,000 barrels

2021 11,268.000 barrels.

If you really want to quibble.

1 minute ago, candide said:

What many members posting on this page don't seem toknnow  is that there is a cartel called OPEC+. And it regulates prices by decreasing production when it looks there's too much supply or too little demand. 

Oil producers led by Saudis extended supply cuts amid slack prices

Saudi Arabia and allied oil producing countries on Sunday extended output cuts through next year, a move aimed at supporting slack prices that haven’t risen even amid turmoil in the Middle East and the start of the summer travel season.

The OPEC+ alliance, made up of members of the producers cartel and allied countries including Russia, extended three different sets of cuts totaling 5.8 million barrels a day.

https://archive.ph/xmI3B

In other words there is no free market in oil. Which is a good argument for drastically reducing dependence on the stuff ASAP.

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

What many members posting on this page don't seem toknnow  is that there is a cartel called OPEC+. And it regulates prices by decreasing production when it looks there's too much supply or too little demand. 

Saudi Arabia and allied oil producing countries on Sunday extended output cuts through next year, a move aimed at supporting slack prices that haven’t risen even amid turmoil in the Middle East and the start of the summer travel season.

The OPEC+ alliance, made up of members of the producers cartel and allied countries including Russia, extended three different sets of cuts totaling 5.8 million barrels a day.

In other words there is no free market in oil. Which is a good argument for drastically reducing dependence on the stuff ASAP.

Deflection in plain sight. Super!

Edited by nauseus

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Yeah, Biden begging the Saudis to increase production is hilarious. He done burned that bridge. 

"President Joe Biden campaigned on ending his predecessor’s “dangerous blank check” to Saudi Arabia, vowing to hold Riyadh responsible for human rights abuses and end U.S. support for the Saudi-led military campaign in Yemen.

Attack in Iraq highlights Biden's Saudi problem - POLITICO

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, nauseus said:

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=pet&s=mcrfpus2&f=m

2020 11,318,000 barrels

2021 11,268.000 barrels.

If you really want to quibble.

So, my measurement is by weight, and yours by volume. At any rate, the difference between the 2 years are slight whether measured in tons or barrels. So why did you think it was significant that, by the measure you invoke, the volume of production fell very slightly in 2021? Or was this just a random, insignificant fact that you decided to introduce just for the heck of it?

39 minutes ago, placeholder said:

So, my measurement is by weight, and yours by volume. At any rate, the difference between the 2 years are slight whether measured in tons or barrels. So why did you think it was significant that, by the measure you invoke, the volume of production fell very slightly in 2021? Or was this just a random, insignificant fact that you decided to introduce just for the heck of it?

I didn't really want to argure about it. But it was you who asked for evidence. Now you have it.

Watched an interview with Joe Biden last night at the White House, I thought very interesting, and the point he made at the end, was a very good reason why Trump must not be allowed to be a dictator...........:whistling:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I didn't really want to argure about it. But it was you who asked for evidence. Now you have it.

I have the evidence but not the reason for introducing this factoid into the conversation. Given that in both cases the difference is so small, why did you think it was significant? And if you don't think it's significant, why introduce the factoid at all?

Just now, transam said:

Watched an interview with Joe Biden last night at the White House, I thought very interesting, and the point he made at the end, was a very good reason why Trump must not be allowed to be a dictator...........:whistling:

Dictator, got it. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, transam said:

I just wish he had come to this realization about a year earlier.

• Haha 1

On 8/6/2024 at 8:16 PM, Dan747 said:

Voting Kamala? This is the Marxist you're voting for: Decriminalize illegals (citizenship & voting); Abolish ICE; Defund police; Voting from jail; Free transgender surgery for prisoners; End cash bail; Mandate gun buyback; Palestinian statehood; Universal Basic Income; Reparations; Single Payer Healthcare; Abolish private insurance; 70-80% income tax; Abortion to birth federal law; Opposes voter ID; Elimination of the filibuster; Ban fracking; Endorses Green New Deal; Ban plastic straws; Abolish gas cars by 2035; Outlaw gas appliances.

You forgot taking children from their parents if the parents do not agree to allowing them a sex change. We can not leave out what her VP to be wants also. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

You forgot taking children from their parents if the parents do not agree to allowing them a sex change. We can not leave out what her VP to be wants also. 

The people that support Harris want those children taken away from the parents and transitioned by the state, funded by taxpayers. 

And if you don't like it you're a right-wing hater. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

The people that support Harris want those children taken away from the parents and transitioned by the state, funded by taxpayers. 

And if you don't like it you're a right-wing hater. 

I do not hate anyone haha... except the woman who left me for dead on the street after driving me into crashing my bike. haha... I am not in America and am unbiased.  But I thought right wing was trump and left wing was harris? hmm.. haha... Either way, I was only stating fact about taking kids away from their parents if the parents don't agree to a sex change. Even if the kid runs away to that state they will protect it and provide the necessary procedures. God help the child if he was only going through a faze of uncertainty. Imagine that in every state with Harris/Vance? I don't dare to give it thought about the possibilities of what bad will come of it. 

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Not if you believe that supply and cost of production are unrelated to cost, no, sorry. 

As if an alleged small increase in cost in the U.S. could be responsible for crude oil prices multiplied by four in 2022 (compared to 2020), on the whole planet. That's ridiculous! 😀

On 8/6/2024 at 8:16 PM, Dan747 said:

Voting Kamala? This is the Marxist you're voting for: Decriminalize illegals (citizenship & voting); Abolish ICE; Defund police; Voting from jail; Free transgender surgery for prisoners; End cash bail; Mandate gun buyback; Palestinian statehood; Universal Basic Income; Reparations; Single Payer Healthcare; Abolish private insurance; 70-80% income tax; Abortion to birth federal law; Opposes voter ID; Elimination of the filibuster; Ban fracking; Endorses Green New Deal; Ban plastic straws; Abolish gas cars by 2035; Outlaw gas appliances.

Do you have sources for any of those claims? Not only are these required by Forum rules, without such sources these are totally baseless statements anyway.

Just as a reminder, the rules for the World News sub-forum state as follows. 

"Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Do you have sources for any of those claims? Not only are these required by Forum rules, without such sources these are totally baseless statements anyway.

Just as a reminder, the rules for the World News sub-forum state as follows. 

"Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source."

Which claims do you believe are false, and more importantly, which do you not support? 

You likely know they are all true and support them all. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, candide said:

Your 2020 average includes months before the Covid crisis started. Production started to fall in April.

They are annual totals supplied as requested - not by you of course.

44 minutes ago, nauseus said:

And still you offer no reason why you think  such a small difference in production levels is significant. Or even that you believe such differences are significant.

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

And still you offer no reason why you think  such a small difference in production levels is significant. Or even that you believe such differences are significant.

I didn't say anything about significance - only you did that - so I don't see nor feel a need to comment. 

That is all.

Just now, nauseus said:

I didn't say anything about significance - only you did that - so I don't see nor feel a need to comment. 

That is all.

I never said that you did say anything about significance. I did ask you why you made that claim. Were you doing it to make some kind of significant point? Or was it just an interesting random factoid - in no way significant - that was in no way meant to suggest that Biden bore at least some responsibility for depressed petroleum output?

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

Actually, the initial issue was wether production fell or not under Biden. It didn't.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, simple1 said:

The OP talks to one quarter, it is hyperbole  to suggest the US economy is in recession. As the OP clearly states the inputs can quickly change and it is the Fed's role to respond, not just the Biden' Administration. We will have to wait for the next quarter to see if a trend is ongoing. Besides all this it is crystal clear trump is unfit to represent the Office of the President of the USA.

How does it feel to have Trump loom so large in your life that you have to add a snide remark about him to your post in a thread that is zero to do with him?