British Man, 27, Vanishes in Thailand Before Flight Home

2 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

I am not sure if I am right but does a signal from his mobile phone indicate 100% that Simon was the one with it?

no .... it just indicates that his mobile was active when the last ping occurred,  it doesn't confirm he's holding the phone. 

9 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

I am not sure if I am right but does a signal from his mobile phone indicate 100% that Simon was the one with it?

No it doesn't. It only indicates where the phone is. However the story suggests that his last call was to his girlfriend letting her know he was on his way to the airport. What other conclusion can one draw?

39 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

No it doesn't. It only indicates where the phone is. However the story suggests that his last call was to his girlfriend letting her know he was on his way to the airport. What other conclusion can one draw?

Was it a Thai SIM, or a back home SIM with international roaming?  Because I've been guilty of jumping the gun, changing out my SIM prematurely during my Thailand departure.  Rookie traveler error.

1 hour ago, steven100 said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Where has it been reported that the British police are involved?

EDIT:  Ok, just seen the "101" reference on the "Missing" poster. 

can't you read properly? ... it was reported on a missing persons poster. 

Can't you read properly?  From my comment amended immediately after I posted it...

"EDIT:  Ok, just seen the "101" reference on the "Missing" poster". 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

His sister says this 

“As soon as I have any information, I will update on here. Forever grateful, let’s get Simon home.”

she also says this 

“I am going out of my mind here. I am receiving hundreds of messages and don’t have time to reply to them all. I am thankful for everyone’s support and sharing.”

Maybe someone should read every message to see if any are actually relevant to finding her brother and get his emotional sister off the emails. 
Also why are his notices saying he is 6 feet 2 inches? Is he most likely heading to Boston Massachusetts and NOT Boston England?  I thought centimeters would be more helpful info. 

• Confused 5
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Keeps said:

The report is from an English newspaper (The Standard) and he is English. Therefore his height would be reported in feet and inches.

His girlfriend is from Boston, Lincolnshire, England. He is from Lincolnshire so it is very unlikely that Boston Massachusetts has anything whatsoever to do with this story. 

Yes everyone in the world when reading this in the article 

"Concern escalated dramatically when Simon’s phone was switched off after a call to his girlfriend, who lives in Boston. He had spoken to her on July 26th, assuring her of his return. This abrupt end to communication has deeply troubled his friends and family"

Would IMMEDIATELY think of Boston England population 70,000 and not Boston Massachusetts metro area 4 million + 

Also the vast majority of foreigners in Thailand and all Thai people use centimeters.  When searching for a loved one IN THAILAND USE CENTIMETERS MR Keeps! 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Yes everyone in the world when reading this in the article 

"Concern escalated dramatically when Simon’s phone was switched off after a call to his girlfriend, who lives in Boston. He had spoken to her on July 26th, assuring her of his return. This abrupt end to communication has deeply troubled his friends and family"

Would IMMEDIATELY think of Boston England population 70,000 and not Boston Massachusetts metro area 4 million + 

Also the vast majority of foreigners in Thailand and all Thai people use centimeters.  When searching for a loved one IN THAILAND USE CENTIMETERS MR Keeps! 

Again, the report came from a UK newspaper. If the girlfriend had NOT been from Boston in the UK, the report would have said Boston, America.

I have not said it was correct to report his height in feet and inches, I merely pointed out that as the report was from a UK newspaper and the guy was from England, this is how it would be reported. In fact, I agree that detailing his height in  centimetres would be more useful when searching for him in Thailand.

Most puzzling is he moved up his departure  just 4 days after his arrival….

those who speculate he wants to dip his wick buying more time as his behavior runs counter to this speculation 

could be a bad ending 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alex8912 said:

His sister says this 

“As soon as I have any information, I will update on here. Forever grateful, let’s get Simon home.”

she also says this 

“I am going out of my mind here. I am receiving hundreds of messages and don’t have time to reply to them all. I am thankful for everyone’s support and sharing.”

Maybe someone should read every message to see if any are actually relevant to finding her brother and get his emotional sister off the emails. 
Also why are his notices saying he is 6 feet 2 inches? Is he most likely heading to Boston Massachusetts and NOT Boston England?  I thought centimeters would be more helpful info. 

However, just days into his trip, he phoned his girlfriend on July 26, announcing his early return. That call was the last anyone heard from him.

"According to The Lincolnite, Robinson, who spends much of his time in Boston, Lincolnshire, UK, ......."

"Concern escalated dramatically when Simon’s phone was switched off after a call to his girlfriend, who lives in Boston. "

I think it's fair to assume that as his girlfriend lives in Boston,  and Robinson spends much of his time in Boston, Lincs., that the Boston being talked about is not in America!

His "notices" are saying that he is 6' 2" because he is British, and in Britain people measure themselves in feet and inches! (But perhaps it would have been appropriate to put his height in cm in brackets beside it.)

• Thumbs Up 1

i wonder if it will he turn out to some family dispute like the last aussie guy, or something similar....

we used to go weeks or even months without contacting home, it was the whole point of leaving in the first place!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, ronster said:

Changed his flight to a few days after arriving 🤔

Wonder if he upset the wrong people somewhere and was leaving before they caught up with him and did he go alone to Bangkok ? Seems odd didn't go with his girlfriend unless he was meeting someone there .

I think the article states that his girlfriend is in the UK

29 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

I think the article states that his girlfriend is in the UK

I know this as it says he called her , but you would think the length of time he was going he might have went with her . Bit odd just says to his girlfriend I'm off to Thailand for 2 weeks see you when I get back and she says yeah sure no worries 🤔😀

• Confused 2

19 minutes ago, ronster said:

I know this as it says he called her , but you would think the length of time he was going he might have went with her . Bit odd just says to his girlfriend I'm off to Thailand for 2 weeks see you when I get back and she says yeah sure no worries 🤔😀

I think you need to realise that these days it is not uncommon for couples to take separate holidays!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, sambum said:

I think you need to realise that these days it is not uncommon for couples to take separate holidays!

Pretty sure if most guys said to their girlfriend that they were heading to Thailand for 2 weeks alone for a holiday she would then decide she was his ex girlfriend 😂

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, ronster said:

Pretty sure if most guys said to their girlfriend that they were heading to Thailand for 2 weeks alone for a holiday she would then decide she was his ex girlfriend 😂

You need to get out and about more!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Most puzzling is he moved up his departure  just 4 days after his arrival….

those who speculate he wants to dip his wick buying more time as his behavior runs counter to this speculation 

could be a bad ending 

Maybe Simon and girlfriend quarreled , and he dashed off to Thailand on the first flight he found. Then regretted it and came home. 
I did that, young and stupid, ran off to India . Stayed 4 months though, had a great time. 
so where is Simon ????

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Can't you read properly?  From my comment amended immediately after I posted it...

"EDIT:  Ok, just seen the "101" reference on the "Missing" poster". 

Keep cool Lou !

8 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Maybe something bad happened to this guy, July 25th,....

And then, he SUDDENLY decided to get out of Dodge.

Maybe he was being threatened or intimidated by someone nefarious.

Maybe the ladyboys were after him, or some gambling debt, or something that scared him to the very center of his core.

Maybe it was a ghost that took him. 

Maybe a UFO landed and took him to a place full of young virgin's 

Maybe 🤔

Let’s hope that he hasn’t gotten into any trouble here and will be found alive and well. Many people are laughing it off due to so many others crying wolf, but that’s unfortunately not always the case. Show some decency and respect until the whole story comes out. Then bash if you must. I’m sure it’s terrifying for the family in any case. 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Maybe it was a ghost that took him. 

Maybe a UFO landed and took him to a place full of young virgin's 

Maybe 🤔

^^^^^ Or maybe he is safe and sound 5000 miles away. 

What a bloody joke. 😂

Edited by SAFETY FIRST