Brutal assault on Canadian raises serious questions about tourist safety in Pattaya

webfact

5 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Soi 6 is a toilet full of skanks.

I'd not even let my dog get sucked off down there - yuk!

Pattaya is only for the scum of society. Be nice if they did clean it up but very unlikely that they will.

Pattaya has never been a 'safe' place for foreigners, or anyone else for that matter..

It is full of scumbags, both thai and farang, and always will be!

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Deez said:

A wai and 500 baht is hardly  a deterrent. Jail time and big fines for establishments that employ these thugs might work.

Severe penalties are reserved for certain 'crimes'.....like not being nice about someone.

Penalty from the Royal Thai Police Department stores are to remain closed until the Canadian citizen recovers.

Its ashame for Thailand such horrible incidences from bodyguards or criminals.

Bodyguards from stores at Pattaya Soi-6 ought to intervene in such incidences.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

Nightwish Group security. 
Brit owned and managed.

Maybe they have been watching the news of the riots back home and didn’t want to miss out?

I think there will be more to this incident than just leaning on a car. 

Thais just don’t go around bashing farangs for no reason.

Likely an assault on a female or not wanting to pay a bill followed by some mouthing off and drunkenness has caused this.

You actually called me gullible, which I've never been. Assuming things is being gullible, taking for granted it's the victim's fault without knowing any facts about the situation. Thais do attack foreigners, as well as other locals, daily. If you watch TV you will see just a fraction of what happens in the country. Letting these kinds of cowards get away with assault, if they do, as happens a lot here, especially on foreigners, will kill the tourism here, and eventually people will start going elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, roo860 said:

He's not a Brit, he's an Aussie poster who's took on a new name, very likely Goat or Bignok, likes to slag off the UK at every opportunity, most posters have him sussed. Lately there's a couple of these that like to antagonise other posters. 

I was wondering where the Brit basher Goat was, he’s usually all over any negative Brit news

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Why do people provoke bouncers? we know will beat someone to a pulp if pushed too far

Someone who can readily handle themselves is going to trash one of these "bouncers" one day, because they have to fight in packs, or get a running start before kicking someone in the head that's already down. Only problem is, when that bouncer goes to the hospital, the foreigner will be blamed even if he didn't start the fight but finish it.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

I was wondering where the Brit basher Goat was, he’s usually all over any negative Brit news

He says he's a Brit, that's the new persona he's invented, thinks he's fooling posters, he's mistaken. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There are a percentage of Thais who never really matured into a fully developed man. Some are very easily offended, and seem to be itching for a fight. Hopefully, it is a small percent. One has to ask:

1. Who are his parents, and why did they fail so miserably?

2. Why did he stop maturing at the age of 13, and never become a man?

3. Why does he have no self esteem. What caused him to hate himself so much, that he could not just walk away from a simple perception of a slight?

4. Why does this worthless thug have so little respect for others, and for human life?

Best to just steer clear of these creeps. I've had a few situations that could have escalated and I was able to cool things down with a show of respect and by forcing myself to be apologetic. 

1. Absent parents can't teach a boy how to be a man. Parents in the home who are irresponsible and only have children because they had sex. Parents who abuse, along with teachers who strike children with sticks when they're a little out of line. Violence is taught here daily by those who experienced the same thing growing up. Narcissistic parents who control to get a child to adhere to unrealistic expectations.

2. See #1.

3. See # 1 

4. See # 1.