Kamala Harris's VP Choice: Did She Make Her First Major Campaign Mistake?

Social Media

49 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Sorry son, but at least in this reply I would have to classify it as inept.  

As to his record I assume you are referring to his military record. It Is after all what we are talking about are we not? 

And to that point I posted a reputable quote and a  link.  All the rest you posted are an inept attempt to distract from the fact that you screwed up.

If you mean, by a reputable quote, The Washington Post, this article you linked is behind a paywall.

Therefore, the link that you provided is not accessible to many.

Just post the facts, or a link to the facts.

If you think that you need to have a teaching moment to instruct others concerning propaganda, persuasion, belief, and the media, then please feel free, but it's not necessary.

Nobody here screwed up, and no one here was attempting to distract from the facts.

Also, nobody here has much of an interest in who wins in 2024.

The only problem is that people like Harris and Walz, through their obviously self-serving ways, have made the world worse for everybody.

You can be sure that, if not Walz or Harris, at least someone of their ilk will get elected.

And, we will be back to square one, in Janaury 2025.

Trump or Harris?

Both are fine with me.

They will make zero difference in the grand scheme of things.

They will be gone after a brief moment, and will be forgotten, soon enough.

Fortunately, I do not live in the USA.

The ONLY time I see any news about these two clowns is here on this sub-forum.

You have a house in the USA....

You are the one that must live with them...

Not I...

Enjoy...!

Just now, mania said:

Who voted for Kamala Harris to be the Democrats Presidential nominee? Nobody that is who...SO who cares if this is her first mistake...She IS the mistake to the Democratic process....No Democrat voted her to be their Presidential Candidate

Americans will get to vote in November.

Her detractors, both foreign and domestic, will need to await the outcome.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I don't know why you don't just stay down? simply pretend you did not hear my response and move on.

You must be a glutton for punishment.  

You lose every argument. :coffee1:

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Americans will get to vote in November.

Her detractors, both foreign and domestic, will need to await the outcome.

The world gets to see whether it's Trans America or normal America. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s a curious fixation you have there.

The world does. Most Olympic talk was about the boxer and the Opening Ceremony. Maybe you don't watch any news.

• Confused 2

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

I don’t follow the rabid rightwing talking heads, so yes I missed almost all of it.

All mainstream media covered it. Most are left wing. You must live a sheltered far left life.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Kamala has a very thin skin. CNN website has a link showing her get angry at a few hecklers. She looks nasty. Underneath the silly laugh is a nasty person. China must be loving the prospect of her winning. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

He served 27 years in the National Guard - that means that when he left he would have been 45 or so.

I somehow doubt that at that age he was likely to have been considered for deployment. 

However, I am sure that you have the links to back that all up...

When I was deployed to A-stan I knew a reserve Major who was 60.  45 is not too old.  My last deployment I was 46.  One of the biggest differences between Active Duty personnel then reserve and/or national guard is the age difference.  The average reservist and guardsman is older and in some cases much older than active duty.  

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Kamala has a very thin skin. CNN website has a link showing her get angry at a few hecklers. She looks nasty. Underneath the silly laugh is a nasty person. China must be loving the prospect of her winning. 

Is that from a 'big girl's blouse' point of view.......Dolf...🤔

4 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

When I was deployed to A-stan I knew a reserve Major who was 60.  45 is not tool old.  My last deployment I was 46. 

60 isnt old if fit. He looks 75. Joe Rogan is 57, looks 30 years younger.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Google it , start by Vance & Cat ladies , or "having <deleted> a couch "

But i guess boys would be boys, who among us has not <deleted> a couch? 

I would say that the cat ladies are the weird ones, not JD.

Not sure if I trust the couch stores, but  let's be honest - who among us never got 'creative' as a lad when we felt the urge to ... 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, newnative said:

Tim is a definite plus and a great fit for Harris.  While Harris is a somewhat exotic candidate--a woman of color--Tim nicely tempers that by being a steady, regular guy with plenty of experience.  They can easily see him as someone who can take over as president, if need be.   In short, he moves the needle in a very positive way.

I think he will pull in lots of undecided voters to vote Democrat, reassure and energize Democrats, and likely pull in Republicans who can't stomach Trump, or Vance. 

Picking Vance was a huge mistake (thank you!) for Trump.   He already has the wacko and weird vote locked up.  Choosing a wacko and weird VP to solidify a voting group that really didn't need any help was not the way to go. 

Even your best case, Vance being 'neutral' and not a negative, brings absolutely nothing to the table.   Why would you choose someone 'neutral' who doesn't even move the needle?  How does having a ticket of Weird and Weirder get you across the finish line? 

Trump needed far more than 'neutral' to make the undecided voters and sane Republicans take a second look.  In two presidential elections, he has lost the popular vote badly--2.8 million and, even worse, 7 million--going backwards with the voters.   How does he do any better this time around as a convicted felon and rapist, with other serious charges hanging over his head?         

And, at age 78, lots of voters see Trump as a doddering, delusional, dead man walking and  will be looking at who steps in should Trump depart for Danteland.  Vance as that person scares far too many.  Trump made a terrible, terrible choice.  Yaa!!!

Tim is old and has weird ideas. 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I would say that the cat ladies are the weird ones, not JD.

Not sure if I trust the couch stores, but  let's be honest - who among us never got 'creative' as a lad when we felt the urge to ... 

Having 3 kids was normal for thousands of years. Kept humans alive. 

Edited by susanlea

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

Google it , start by Vance & Cat ladies , or "having <deleted> a couch "

But i guess boys would be boys, who among us has not <deleted> a couch? 

I have to admit the "effing a couch" thing has been debunked, but I always spread that rumor as much as possible cuz I want to hear him HAVE to say "I did NOT eff that couch!"

• Haha 2

Just now, Lacessit said:

IMO Trump has nothing new to say, it's the same tired old rhetoric about stolen elections and MAGA, although there are no specifics about how that will be done.

The only new stuff is attacking Harris instead of Biden, and I bet he wishes Biden was still running.

If he is relying on Vance to do the heavy lifting, I think he is going to be disappointed. Vance barely won his Senate seat in A Republican state.

Vance beat an incumbent Democrat in an otherwise poor year for Republicans. He is a great attack dog.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Another perspective:

The Right-Wing Attacks On Tim Walz Are Weird

Voters have repeatedly signaled that this is not a winning electoral strategy. By Nathalie Baptiste, Aug 7, 2024
  • "The Republicans’ problem is now twofold. They seem to be unable to come up with attacks that can stick — especially to a politician who is white, Midwestern and moderate.

Then there’s the fact that the Republican Party has abandoned any pretense of having a policy platform and has chosen to double down on its ever-growing list of white grievances. And while making deranged claims about Walz’s record may satisfy its base, the culture war-style attacks are becoming more inscrutable to the average voter with each passing day."

Agreed, although I think the Republicans do have a strategy, clearly outlined in Project 2025.

• Haha 1