Kamala Harris's VP Choice: Did She Make Her First Major Campaign Mistake?

Social Media

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

If he was honourable he wouldn't promote himself dishonestly.

I'll take Walz over this Chameleon anytime. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, riclag said:

Yes it blew her pivot to convince moderate independent voters!

Middle Americans are reliving 

2020 Summer of Love Riots !

Yea, Trump pivoted to the middle too with Vance, right? It's so ironic that wing-nuts always say the left should move to the middle but they never say the right should move to the middle. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

And Vance compared to Walz in opinion polls is like whale sh!t against an eagle's nest.

I love how you write opinion poll and sh8t in the same sentence. Very fitting. 

That old saying right about opinions and as3ho.....I'll let you fill in fhe rest. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

5 hours ago, watthong said:

Correction: this is actually a shot of JD Vance practising his run for Congress.

From "Hillbilly Elegy" Netflix upcoming series, known in the trade as Netflix own "Buyers Remorse."

first rule of meme club, you cannot adjust the meme..get your own..but we all know 'the left cannot meme'!!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, radiochaser said:

This might apply.

"In the military, a provisional rank is a temporary rank assigned to an individual for a specific period or purpose. Provisional ranks are typically used when there is a need to temporarily fill a higher-level position due to a vacancy, absence, or other operational requirements.

For example, if a higher-ranking officer is temporarily unavailable due to illness or assignment to another duty, a lower-ranking officer may be given a provisional rank to temporarily assume the duties and responsibilities of the higher rank until the situation is resolved.

Provisional ranks are usually denoted by a specific prefix or abbreviation, such as "Acting" or "Provisional," added to the regular rank title. It's important to note that provisional ranks are temporary and do not confer permanent promotion or permanent changes in pay grade unless officially confirmed through the regular promotion process."

The term we used when I was in the Army was "Acting Jack", meaning, he was not a real sergeant, just acting as one.   

In basic, I was an "Acting Jack" squad leader and wore an armband with Corporal stripes, but in reality, I was a lowly PVT. E-1. 

Thank you for the above.

From what I learned about the subject, though what you say is true, I don't think it applies in this instance. 

In this instance it is a condition that one has qualified for but is contingent to the individual performing certain tasks.(continuing education)

So Walz had reached the level   command sergeant major upon retirement, but maintaining that rank was contingent to continuing education, which since he left the service to run for congress and since he was retired, he did not complete. Thus for benefit (pension) purposes his rank was reduced master sergeant . 

The republicans are simply grasping at straws.  

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, sirineou said:

Nonsense!!

You really need to do your research before posting right wing talking point propaganda. Otherwise you risk becoming a right wing tool. 

The operative phrase of the above article is " He did not hold the rank at the time of his retirement"  But it does not mean that he had not archived the rank. 

See how propaganda works? it contains a kernel of truth around which a bias can coalesce. 

"Walz did achieve the rank of command sergeant major, it was a provisional rank until he completed required coursework for senior leaders, National Guard officials said. He did not do so by the time he departed the military and his retirement rank reverted to master sergeant on May 15, 2005, officials said. "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/2024/08/07/tim-walz-military-record/

We can tell that you were never in the military or if you were you do not have a clue as to how ranks are earned and achieved or what provisional means... earned means that he was in service long enough to qualify... achieved means qualified for... provisional means that there was more to do... he QUIT when he was called to active duty... so he did not complete the necessary steps... so what is the propaganda?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, JustMyOpinion said:

earned means that he was in service long enough to qualify... achieved means qualified for...

That's funny :laugh::clap2:

Stating what I said only in different words and then accusing me of not knowing what I was talking about. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

That's funny :laugh::clap2:

Stating what I said only in different words and then accusing me of not knowing what I was talking about. 

So complete the sentence... The propaganda is________________________________.

7 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It's a pity you don't have the same originality in your posts, but we can't all be creative.

unlike most of the blue team.... i'm actually pretty funny. 

• Haha 1

Just now, JustMyOpinion said:

So complete the sentence... The propaganda is________________________________.

End of story.

"By the time Walz left the military entirely, he had achieved the rank of command sergeant major, one of the top ranks for an enlisted soldier. But personnel files show that he was reduced in rank months after retiring, leaving him as a master sergeant for benefits purposes. "

https://apnews.com/article/walz-national-guard-military-ae43d684bf1319e535f9f620552155d7#:~:text=By the time Walz left,master sergeant for benefits purposes.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sirineou said:

sergeant for benefits purposes. "

why didn't you finish the quote ? 

Minnesota National Guard officials have said that Walz retired before completing coursework at the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy, along with other requirements associated with his promotion.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, sirineou said:

End of story.

"By the time Walz left the military entirely, he had achieved the rank of command sergeant major, one of the top ranks for an enlisted soldier. But personnel files show that he was reduced in rank months after retiring, leaving him as a master sergeant for benefits purposes. "

https://apnews.com/article/walz-national-guard-military-ae43d684bf1319e535f9f620552155d7#:~:text=By the time Walz left,master sergeant for benefits purposes.

The Harris campaign has altered its biography of Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz on its campaign website, making a change to a reference to his military service amid ongoing scrutiny of the 2024 Democratic vice presidential nominee’s military credentials.

• Haha 1

On 8/7/2024 at 4:36 PM, Social Media said:

When Vice President Kamala Harris selected Minnesota Governor Tim Walz as her running mate, bypassing Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro, it sparked immediate criticism and speculation. Many political analysts and insiders believe this decision marks a significant strategic misstep for Harris's campaign. 

Never heard of this guy, but he looks like a punk.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, John Drake said:

I think Trump is just an older version of the same guy who messed up the first time. I remember his campaign: Quantitative Tightening, balanced budget, reshoring American manufacturing, scrapping the DREAMer legislation the first day in office, facing down China, and of course the Wall that became a Fence in a few places. Not only did he fail to do what was promised, he actually took positions the exact opposite of what he had campaigned on. His two legislative milestones? Tax cuts for billionaires and letting felons out of jail.

and yet he has the support of millions. There has to be a reason for that. I've already said what I think the reason is. Perhaps you have a reason for millions supporting the man you just wrote about, but you have not yet done so.

35 minutes ago, sirineou said:

In one's life there are many different stories.

This my friend is a different story. But hey, I don't blame you for wanting to change the subject, if the story I was telling fell apart as spectacularly as the one you were trying to sell, I would be changing my story too. 

Now watch as this story you are trying to sell also crashes and burns.

Walz served his country honorably for 22 years

22 years longer than your bone spur draft dodging trust fund baby of yours. 

After 22 years of service in 2005 he honorably retired to run for congress and serve his country in another capacity.  In 2006 he defeated the incumbent republican, in a predominantly republican district in a landslide. And went on to be reelected 6 more times. Then he was elected governor of Minnesota by another landslide 12 percentage margin and then again reselected four years later  also by a large margin ,

How do you like them apples??    

He's still woke.

16 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Hospital manager - MA and MSc plus professional institutes, etc.  Education should not be derided - think of an unqualified person giving you heart surgery.

No one on here has ever suggested a non qualified person doing surgery. Sometimes it's a nonsense to suggest that so many trades need a degree. Eg nursing. Ordinary nurses do not need a degree, nurse practitioners do. The fact that all nurses in western countries apparently have to have a degree is IMO a farce. I won't go into the political reasons why it is so, but it's not because they are incapable of being a nurse without one.

• Confused 2

16 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Hospital manager - MA and MSc plus professional institutes, etc.  Education should not be derided - think of an unqualified person giving you heart surgery.

If hospital managers are so qualified, why are so many incompetent at their job?

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, sirineou said:

I agree,

That Freud guy, probably got his diploma at the morning market, Einstein, from a local bartender,  Immanuel Kant, sausage factory. 

And don't get me started about Ivan Pavlov and his salivating dogs, what an a-hole teasing innocent dogs, :laugh:

As usual a post that missed the point completely and is a poor attempt at comedy.

Hint, don't chuck the job and go into comedy as a career.

• Confused 1