US Embassy Statement on the Dissolution of Move Forward Party in Thailand

6 hours ago, Joe Farang said:

The US would be better off focusing their concern on their own electoral Clown show rather than sticking their pointy nose into the business of a country at the other side of the world.

Hey-enough of that talk!

We can be idiots in multiple locations simultaneously!  🙂

• Like 1

15 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

EU should cut connections and deny visas for Thai Govt. Ban them from entering EU and US.

That would result in a retaliation against EU visitors. Are you ready for the outcome?

49 minutes ago, Peabody said:

Hey-enough of that talk!
We can be idiots in multiple locations simultaneously!  🙂

What exactly is wrong with the US position? The position is a reflection of the sentiments off the US nation, or at least those who know what a Thailand is. Issuing statements like this is what foreign affairs departments are expected to do.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This verdict will only serve to reinforce and magnify support for MFP whilst at the same time erode support for insitutions this verdict sought to protect. 

A fantastic own goal by the CC and its backers. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, jonclark said:

This verdict will only serve to reinforce and magnify support for MFP whilst at the same time erode support for insitutions this verdict sought to protect. 

A fantastic own goal by the CC and its backers. 

As much as I'd like to the believe that, ain't happening

Any of us been around long enough see parties dissolved reformed under new name, It's the Thai way.

My wife read the news, rolled her eyes and said "Here we go again"

Expect to to see them back in a few weeks with a new name

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Yagoda said:

Well based on the plethora of posts I have generated on the subject of politics, I would submit that that question is idiotic.

Strange you should mention 'idiotic', as it is a word I would use for your posted stuff, but, that is just my opinion.......🤔

10 hours ago, couchpotato said:

So in your opinion what is exactly going to happen within 10 years. Don't be vague like your posts now, let it all out.

Not being vague, it will slowly defoliate, sentiment and hatred toward westerners will increase to a point where it will not feel safe. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, couchpotato said:

Maybe for you, but important for others, so obviously you don't count.

No, it's definitely a lost cause, why? Because it will never happen the way they are approaching it, three times, and the same result.....at some point you have to do something different, even it is painful.

14 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

For the US at least, Thailand has lost any strategic importance.

Thailand is one of those 'roll your eyes' and go, whatever countries

The US has bigger fish to fry, Russia in Ukraine, China threat to Taiwan, and lets not even start on the Middle East.

So I suspect Thailand is consigned to some lowly bureaucrat working in a broom cupboard somewhere in the State Dept!

This is pretty much the case. There aren't any more dominoes left to fall in the region. Philippines is the only reliable US ally in ASEAN. So I'd hope the US would redirect all its investments and developmental ties to a country that already speaks English and has existing cultural ties with the US.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

That would result in a retaliation against EU visitors. Are you ready for the outcome?

Is Thailand prepared for a US/EU trade embargo? Wonder what they would do with that $42 billion annual trade surplus with the US going pfffft?

• Love It 1

18 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

AFAIK, no major or minor political party in the U.S. has been dissolved and banned, nor have its slate of candidates been removed and banned -- unlike what's occurred in Thailand.

Do a search on "Communist Control Act of 1954".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lordgrinz said:

No, it's definitely a lost cause, why? Because it will never happen the way they are approaching it, three times, and the same result.....at some point you have to do something different, even it is painful.

Actually I agree with you, but on a good note, the new party leader said today that they need to think of a new approach, so that's a positive I think. Will see what transpires.

Edited by couchpotato
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Gknrd said:

You are dealing with basically a communist country (Thailand) which is Chinas number on supporter? You guys have 10 years max. If that long.. 

At 72 I fully expect to be pushing up daises (actually cremated and dumped into a river) within 10 years.
Pushing-up-daisies4.thumb.jpg.6a4584d4a1768bf932b9f7370eca603e.jpg
I actually give it less than 10 years - more likely between now and 2029 for the US and it's NATO friends to provoke a multi-front war which will include a hot-war with China.  Then the expats here who openly express their love and full allegiance to there Western countries will be boarding very available flight out of Thailand and urging their countries to send in their militaries to evacuate them before "The Red Chinese Hoards" descend on Thailand.

Me?  Unless Thailand revokes my extension to stay based on marriage and family, and physically removes me by force - I'm staying right here.  Why not - this is where my family is.  I have no problems with any of the people from the countries around this world, including the Chinese, Russians, and Iranians, or any one else I'm told I need to hate.  Probably because I am a Buddhist and I think developing a common respect, understanding, and compassion for all peoples in this world is in humanity's common interest.  Granted - our collective governments make these Geopolitical problems.  It's our governments who promote hatred and encourage their citizens to likewise hate their government's chosen enemies (and as you can tell on this forum - the Western-type members do just that).  But I know way too much about history to be propagandized by sloganism and government-sponsored MSM hit-pieces on why I have a patriotic duty to my country to hate the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) Communist Party of China (CPC) and Chinese people.  And the Russia Federation and the ethnically diverse Russian people.  And Iran and the Persian people (especially Shi'a).  Sorry - I do my best not to hate even though my tolerance wears thin sometimes for stupid people blathering on about how bad everyone but the "special people of the 'civilized' West" (including themselves) are for the world.  Again - I'm a student of history.  I study the rise and fall of "empires," their causes, their results, and their eventual collapses.  The current empire of "the most exceptional nation" is in collapse.  And when empire collapses, they are like a dying elephant - the grasses and waiting carrion around it are thrashed and broken in it's death-throes.  So here we are - on the cusp of world war wrought by those in the West who demand fealty to the exceptional hegemon at the end of their guns. And demanding that Thailand (and every other country in the world) is run exactly how those "most exceptional nations" tells them to run their countries - yep it is always, "Do as we say, not as we do - or else!"  What passes as "democracy" in the "most exception nations on Earth and their 'golden billion'" is a corruption of true democracy, a joke, they trend toward fascistic totalitarianism, and are but an illusion of true "free democracy". 

Now OP - regarding Thailand as "communist."  They don't look communist to me and I don't see that in Thailand's future although I fully expect Thailand to join the BRICS nations and to leverage the benefits of multi-nodal, multi-polar economic and defense alliances with other BRICS nations in the future. Considering that the "most exceptional nation in the world" has 1/3 of the countries on this globe under sanctions, that's a hell of a motivation to joins The BRICS+.  And the "most exceptional nations" want no part in that multi-polar world.  They want to rule, and if they can't, they will destroy it all - Just like the analogy of a dying elephant.

War is coming - just accept that fact and prepare.  If preparation means having a "Go-Bag" and plans to leave Thailand before the bovine excrement hits the spinning blades?  More power to you.  It's probably best to leave sooner than later as the world is becoming very unstable, and the war - when it comes - may surprise you in it's rapidity.  If you don't plan on being here when it arrives, best to leave soon.  Like now...

I'll wave by the wayside and wish you a bon voyage:thumbsup:

airplane-bon-voyage-tourism-vector-3573662706.jpg.fc01373b37c6cdb1e43c7e20981a2fbe.jpg

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, connda said:

At 72 I fully expect to be pushing up daises (actually cremated and dumped into a river) within 10 years.
Pushing-up-daisies4.thumb.jpg.6a4584d4a1768bf932b9f7370eca603e.jpg
I actually give it less than 10 years - more likely between now and 2029 for the US and it's NATO friends to provoke a multi-front war which will include a hot-war with China.  Then the expats here who openly express their love and full allegiance to there Western countries will be boarding very available flight out of Thailand and urging their countries to send in their militaries to evacuate them before "The Red Chinese Hoards" descend on Thailand.

Me?  Unless Thailand revokes my extension to stay based on marriage and family, and physically removes me by force - I'm staying right here.  Why not - this is where my family is.  I have no problems with any of the people from the countries around this world, including the Chinese, Russians, and Iranians, or any one else I'm told I need to hate.  Probably because I am a Buddhist and I think developing a common respect, understanding, and compassion for all peoples in this world is in humanity's common interest.  Granted - our collective governments make these Geopolitical problems.  It's our governments who promote hatred and encourage their citizens to likewise hate their government's chosen enemies (and as you can tell on this forum - the Western-type members do just that).  But I know way too much about history to be propagandized by sloganism and government-sponsored MSM hit-pieces on why I have a patriotic duty to my country to hate the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) Communist Party of China (CPC) and Chinese people.  And the Russia Federation and the ethnically diverse Russian people.  And Iran and the Persian people (especially Shi'a).  Sorry - I do my best not to hate even though my tolerance wears thin sometimes for stupid people blathering on about how bad everyone but the "special people of the 'civilized' West" (including themselves) are for the world.  Again - I'm a student of history.  I study the rise and fall of "empires," their causes, their results, and their eventual collapses.  The current empire of "the most exceptional nation" is in collapse.  And when empire collapses, they are like a dying elephant - the grasses and waiting carrion around it are thrashed and broken in it's death-throes.  So here we are - on the cusp of world war wrought by those in the West who demand fealty to the exceptional hegemon at the end of their guns. And demanding that Thailand (and every other country in the world) is run exactly how those "most exceptional nations" tells them to run their countries - yep it is always, "Do as we say, not as we do - or else!"  What passes as "democracy" in the "most exception nations on Earth and their 'golden billion'" is a corruption of true democracy, a joke, they trend toward fascistic totalitarianism, and are but an illusion of true "free democracy". 

Now OP - regarding Thailand as "communist."  They don't look communist to me and I don't see that in Thailand's future although I fully expect Thailand to join the BRICS nations and to leverage the benefits of multi-nodal, multi-polar economic and defense alliances with other BRICS nations in the future. Considering that the "most exceptional nation in the world" has 1/3 of the countries on this globe under sanctions, that's a hell of a motivation to joins The BRICS+.  And the "most exceptional nations" want no part in that multi-polar world.  They want to rule, and if they can't, they will destroy it all - Just like the analogy of a dying elephant.

War is coming - just accept that fact and prepare.  If preparation means having a "Go-Bag" and plans to leave Thailand before the bovine excrement hits the spinning blades?  More power to you.  It's probably best to leave sooner than later as the world is becoming very unstable, and the war - when it comes - may surprise you in it's rapidity.  If you don't plan on being here when it arrives, best to leave soon.  Like now...

I'll wave by the wayside and wish you a bon voyage:thumbsup:

airplane-bon-voyage-tourism-vector-3573662706.jpg.fc01373b37c6cdb1e43c7e20981a2fbe.jpg

Nicely written but your analogy that Thailand will be overrun by chinese troops is just fantasy, so yes better for you to leave now and let the rest of us enjoy Thailand without you. 

3 hours ago, John Drake said:

This is pretty much the case. There aren't any more dominoes left to fall in the region. Philippines is the only reliable US ally in ASEAN. So I'd hope the US would redirect all its investments and developmental ties to a country that already speaks English and has existing cultural ties with the US.

I think that is true, and ironically Vietnam has also strengthened the relationship with the US.

The common theme of course is that both the Philippines and Vietnam oppose China in the South China Sea

Whereas Thailand is viewed almost as a vassal State of the CCP

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ericthai said:

Please tell me about this temple boarder issue you're talking about.

Temple of Preah Vihear.  Dean Acheson got involved in 1962, representing Cambodia at the ICJ.  Cambodia was given the temple in a ruling at that time, based on a French map.   Land around, and a nearby pagoda remained contested, with a border dispute going hot in 2008.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rob Browder said:

Temple of Preah Vihear.  Dean Acheson got involved in 1962, representing Cambodia at the ICJ.  Cambodia was given the temple in a ruling at that time, based on a French map.   Land around, and a nearby pagoda remained contested, with a border dispute going hot in 2008.

Thank you!!  Didn't know he was involved in that judgement by the courts.

Yes, the dispute started up again in 2008 and didn't end until late 2011.  I was living in Surin at the time and was surprised that my embassy reached out to me suggesting to leave the area.

I recall the cambodians bombing a small town in Sisaket destroying a school and a few houses. There was a larger than normal military presence around Surin and Sisaket at the time. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, transam said:

Strange you should mention 'idiotic', as it is a word I would use for your posted stuff, but, that is just my opinion.......🤔

Sure, thats the word most of the normal members use to describe yours.

A goon squad non-elected court abolishes a party that the citizens voted for and won.  Democracies should push and pressure harder than 'statements' geographically no issues....park your vessels and jets elsewhere if necessary - Malaysia, Vietnam, Cambodia, Philippines etc.   

• Love It 1

5 hours ago, Yagoda said:

Sure, thats the word most of the normal members use to describe yours.

Oh, really, doing a Trump on me, eh......... 🤣

Go check your oil..........🤭