Mobile data for one month

Hi! I'll visit Thailand for one month. Any recommendations on shopping an affordable SIM card with mobile data will be appreciated, thanks. No need high speed or so, only receive emails and use WhatsApp.

1 hour ago, AaronIsaan said:

Hi! I'll visit Thailand for one month. Any recommendations on shopping an affordable SIM card with mobile data will be appreciated, thanks. No need high speed or so, only receive emails and use WhatsApp.

AIS SIM 50 baht from service centre(not at the airport).  Turn Mobile Data OFF on your phone, top up 200 baht and then apply the 9273 code shown on this page, followed by the Dial key: https://www.ais.th/consumers/package/netpackage/mnppackage

Once you receive SMS confirmation, you can switch mobile data to ON and then apply a second code *777*7673# followed by the dial key. That will add another 10GB of data to your package.

So for 50 baht + 200 baht you will get 40GB of data allowance(slowing down to 384kbps if/when 40 GB allowance has depleted), unlimited free calls to any network and unlimited use of AIS Super WifI Hotspots:

image.png.2507274ad43d39a07354a17e2d7da732.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, NowNow said:

AIS SIM 50 baht from service centre(not at the airport).  Turn Mobile Data OFF on your phone, top up 200 baht and then apply the 9273 code shown on this page, followed by the Dial key: https://www.ais.th/consumers/package/netpackage/mnppackage

Once you receive SMS confirmation, you can switch mobile data to ON and then apply a second code *777*7673# followed by the dial key. That will add another 10GB of data to your package.

So for 50 baht + 200 baht you will get 40GB of data allowance(slowing down to 384kbps if/when 40 GB allowance has depleted), unlimited free calls to any network and unlimited use of AIS Super WifI Hotspots:

image.png.2507274ad43d39a07354a17e2d7da732.png

Thanks for your complete information!

On 8/9/2024 at 4:49 AM, NowNow said:

I will be in Thailand for 39 days, starting in early September.  Does this plan auto-renew?  What's the best way to get 9 more days of data at 1 Mbps or faster?  I only use about 8 GB of data per month.

8 minutes ago, TheJayMan said:

I will be in Thailand for 39 days, starting in early September.  Does this plan auto-renew?  What's the best way to get 9 more days of data at 1 Mbps or faster?  I only use about 8 GB of data per month.

It auto-renews for six months. Some plans accept part payment; 7 days or 15 days. I cannot say if that plan will offer the same. The way to find out is to just have 100 baht in credit for the second period. If no go, another 200 baht won't break your bank. 400 baht for 39 days still represents good value.

If too much, you could subscribe to their 4Mbps(15GB) package for 150 baht. But that's poor value in comparison.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2024 at 12:08 AM, NowNow said:

It auto-renews for six months. Some plans accept part payment; 7 days or 15 days. I cannot say if that plan will offer the same. The way to find out is to just have 100 baht in credit for the second period. If no go, another 200 baht won't break your bank. 400 baht for 39 days still represents good value.

If too much, you could subscribe to their 4Mbps(15GB) package for 150 baht. But that's poor value in comparison.

Thanks for the reply!  200 baht is still a good price for 9 days.

If I ask for a regular SIM at the airport, will it be the same as the one I would buy at the AIS store at Central World Mall?  I think it will be, but want to make sure.