Thai PM Srettha Axed Over Controversial Cabinet Appointment

Just now, John Drake said:

More worried about the promised changes beginning in September. Don't want any changes at all to my retirement extension.

What are for changes in September?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, UWEB said:

What are for changes in September?

Would need to go back and look at the thread. But there was a phrase about reconstituting all the visa categories with specific reference to people on retirement extensions. (Don't want to make this topic about retirement extensions, but it is one of the ramifications of Srettha getting the boot.)

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Purdey said:

I can't see the Pheu Thai (and Thaksin) allowing Anutin to take the reigns but, really, who is qualified?

The 2 Pheu Thai PM candidates include Pheu Thai Party leader #Paetongtarn Shinawatra. Another key contender is Deputy PM Anutin Charnvirakul, leader of Bhumjaithai Party, who enjoys warm relationships with de facto Pheu Thai Party leader Thaksin

https://x.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1823647245730001064

2 minutes ago, marin said:

I wish you had a clue. On either Thai or American politics. Srettha "getting the boot had nothing to do with visa policies. 

Sorry you only know how to back losers.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Purdey said:

I can't see the Pheu Thai (and Thaksin) allowing Anutin to take the reigns but, really, who is qualified?

Qualifications have nothing to do with it as demonstrated time and again. 

It will probably be another brainless clone of Thaksin. 

Goodbye, smiling donkey. It will be somebody as equally out of touch and switched off to the general populace, no doubt (possibly Takki’s brood), but at least we won’t have to be subjected to that ridiculous smiley face EVERY F day! 😉

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Coupled with the dissolving of the Move Forward opposition party this is tantamount to a coup.

Do you think it will be followed by a backtracking on the liberalised visa rules?

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The 2 Pheu Thai PM candidates include Pheu Thai Party leader #Paetongtarn Shinawatra. Another key contender is Deputy PM Anutin Charnvirakul, leader of Bhumjaithai Party, who enjoys warm relationships with de facto Pheu Thai Party leader Thaksin

https://x.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1823647245730001064

Recently I heard the watch king wants his turn as the big boss too.

• Haha 1