Thai PM Srettha Axed Over Controversial Cabinet Appointment

15 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

Would not feel sad for Thailand the people brought this on themself s No action by the people just the attitude of same same   this is a backward 3rd world country and it will always be

You hinting at a revolution? What exactly do you mean "no action by the people." 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Well there's no doubt that he deserved to be dismissed, he was certainly the do-nothing PM. He talked a good talk, and he walked a good walk, but he accomplished nothing. It's likely that some of the power brokers here were disappointed that he wasn't able to get more done or that he wasn't able to unite Parliament behind him. Or that he simply looked so foolish, though that did not seem to bother them with Prayuth. 

One never really knows what's going on here or who is making the decisions. The saddest part of this whole thing is the people that they're naming as potential substitutes to replace this fool, the last thing in the world this country needs is Anutin, Prawit or another Shinawatra. 

Maybe they can appoint someone who can reduce those taxes on wine and luxury goods you keep banging on about.

Edited by Spamhead
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, John Drake said:

You hinting at a revolution? What exactly do you mean "no action by the people." 

exactly what it says No action by the people, "Democracy is not given it is fought for"  there are many forms  of revolutions  but so far nothing major has happened for the thai people to change anything  the ballot box will not achieve anything 

• Confused 1

I believe Srettha has the right to stand again for the post of PM, as Samak once did. 

Only that time Thaksin betrayed Samak, choosing Somchai, his brother-in-law instead when it came to voting 

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

The boys are shining them up as we speak!

Got to have nice clean tanks for the world's press to photograph.

They will come as soon as the "good old" Thaksin family is on the podium again! They will never learn, will they...🙄

9 minutes ago, Spamhead said:

Maybe they can appoint someone who can reduce those taxes on wine and luxury goods you keep banging on about.

Good idea. Then they could start attracting some tourists with wealth. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Sir Dude said:

Well, it all looks like it's going according to a planned script. The election didn't go as planned for the elite few, so they stalled and made a deal with PT to give them enough time to get rid of MFP, as they were the bigger threat to the status quo. Thaksin and PT didn't stick to the deal and  have wondered way-off script with all kinds of new policies that, quite frankly, looks like have made many powerful individuals uneasy, as it's not going in the direction the elite want.

Now that Srettha and all his cabinet are basically dismissed by the not-so-free court at the top (and the decision is not subject to appeal), the way is clear for Anutin to take over and rule on behalf of the military and certain other individuals that pull strings from the shadows. So, gone will be the digital wallet (kind of handy though that they sucked up the personal information of pretty much everyone in the country in the process) after so many registered, gone too will be the visa changes, and wouldn't surprise me if the new tax law will be quietly binned... as that must have really riled up a whole load of rich Thais, politicians, and businessmen.

As an epilogue to this farce, we have witnessed a coup without there actually being one, and it'll go back to how it was... no need for tanks on the streets. Will give them a gold medal for desperate evil cartoonish scheming though.

This sort of MO still works, but for how much longer is anyone's guess as change is inevitable, for sure when the dinosaurs of yesteryear start shrugging of this moral coil. Although, in the short term, let's hope we all benefit from the baht going down... would be nice.

The what you're saying is certainly not out of the realm of possibility, I'd be curious to know just which policies you're referring to that the powers that be were not pleased with. Doesn't seem to me like he's done anything in the way of progress or reform. 

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

I'll gladly welcome the stability we had with Prayuth, a status quo politician. No need to overhaul things the way Srettha has done and usher in chaos. 

Overhaul what? He was the opposite of a reformer. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

I just feel sad for Thailand. Things now can only get worse, until the next election (whenever that may eventuate) when the PP will win then be overthrown by a military putsch.

Oh well, back to my books.

I really don't see how it could get worse, Srettha was to do nothing PM, he was appointed by the army, he was not elected, so what's going to change now? I'll be curious to know why this really happened. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Well there's no doubt that he deserved to be dismissed, he was certainly the do-nothing PM. He talked a good talk, and he walked a good walk, but he accomplished nothing. It's likely that some of the power brokers here were disappointed that he wasn't able to get more done or that he wasn't able to unite Parliament behind him. Or that he simply looked so foolish, though that did not seem to bother them with Prayuth. 

One never really knows what's going on here or who is making the decisions. The saddest part of this whole thing is the people that they're naming as potential substitutes to replace this fool, the last thing in the world this country needs is Anutin, Prawit or another Shinawatra. 

Agreed, nevertheless it's quite likely the country will get all three of them.... 

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

I told you all weeks ago he was going, September the army will take over, 

They already did, when Thaksin returned and surrendered his party and his soul. No need for a junta this time. It is all behind the curtain.