Chaikasem to be Nominated as New Thai PM at Special House Meeting

55 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I'm proud of it because I educated her about Thaksin. I change her mind before the election. Thaksin jumping into bed with the military changed her mind forever. She like so many other PTP supporters now see Thaksin as a traitor to their support. PTP are finished.

You change your wife mind who she voting Mr Dictator? You pay for her also for getting better meal or breakfast? You mind manipulate her change mind about other things too or do you give her make own opinion at least when you are together choosing new grass color front of your house? I guess you voting for it and find compromise 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, jogamonkseven said:

You change your wife mind who she voting Mr Dictator? You pay for her also for getting better meal or breakfast? You mind manipulate her change mind about other things too or do you give her make own opinion at least when you are together choosing new grass color front of your house? I guess you voting for it and find compromise 

Mr. Dictator? Are you kidding. As I said above our daughter was on her mum's back to vote for Pita well before me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Seems to be a Thailand tradition dince 1932.

I don't think you know how a parliament works,  you never have a vote for a PM you vote for your representative (your MP ) who in turn then elects a leader of the party (a PM )  so YOU do not get to vote for a PM

29 minutes ago, jogamonkseven said:

He is not ruler you fools. If he have never been anything else than tool for 'them' who is in charge. Then he have never leave and if have then he have came back after everyone have fired and be like messiah and tell he came to save country. 'They' give him come back because they need someone who everyone can blame without see who really is in charge.

We aren't in a position to know anything with certainty. My opinion is that he is a part of this elite but he became a little too maverick, unreliable, and inconsistent due to his survival instinct, he is politically astute and his flag waves in the direction he feels will benefit him the most so he became an incalculable risk but even with all this opposition he still swam to the top, his elite brothers may eye him with suspicion but many still dance to his tune. Machiavelli would have been proud of him. Henry V would have had him beheaded.

Edited by soalbundy
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

If the PM and his entire Cabinet have been dismissed, doesn’t this mean also the Deputy PM? 

How can he act as caretaker PM?

Aug. 15, 2024 https://theguardian.com

• "The biggest party in Thailand’s caretaker government PTP will meet on Thursday to choose a successor for dismissed former premier Srettha Thavisin, as it races to shore up its alliance a day ahead of a pivotal parliamentary vote on a new prime minister.
  • Pheu Thai must now choose one of two eligible candidates – Chaikasem Nitisiri, a former attorney-general and justice minister, and its inexperienced leader Paetongtarn Shinawatra ..." 

3 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Mr. Dictator? Are you kidding. As I said above our daughter was on her mum's back to vote for Pita well before me.

So if it was your Daughter why post

I'm proud of it because I educated her about Thaksin. I change her mind before the election.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

It's not matter even if 64% of your family vote something else if you need tell who she need voting. Give her see and understand herself and she will learn process information and make own decisions and opinions in different areas of life correct way. Same go with kids how they learn but in case of old phujins can be at congress of village hang around woman partys head have choose for her and everyone else. So maybe it was better tell her who to vote when we are in Thailand and know how this country working. So yes correct way educates her when start to thinking 👍 

5 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

We aren't in a position to know anything with certainty. My opinion is that he is a part of this elite but he became a little too maverick, unreliable, and inconsistent due to his survival instinct, he is politically astute and his flag waves in the direction he feels will benefit him the most so he became an calculable risk but even with all this opposition he still swam to the top, his elite brothers may eye him with suspicion but many still dance to his tune. Machiavelli would have been proud of him. Henry V would have had him beheaded.

You right. But I believe he is front guy for this war against people's and democracy. In same team than others but can be also their fool who they using in correct moment. Maybe someday we will know everything maybe not.

1 hour ago, damian said:

We have no control over the weather but we can still make it our business. 

No matter what you do or say you cannot change it.

1 hour ago, Aussie999 said:

Then I assume you and your wife do not talk.

Wrong assumption.

I agree with @sandyf.

I don't talk Thai politics with my wife and son either. They are both big enough and old enough to make their own minds up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Chaikasem Nitisiri,

Phew that's a mouthful, can we have a nick name to call him, we've had the Clown, can we call this one Chucky ?

chucky-cool-doll.gif.4ab212eb98e907cb60e34a25ba5ab800.gif      That's not bad stuff Nutty thanks.         :giggle:

• Confused 1

This bloke is just another Taksin stooge or next choice is Taksins daughter or the fat guy with the stile watch collection why <deleted> let's bring back Chan o chat at least Taksin will be on his jet back to Dubai ASAP 

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

I got my wife to change her vote from PTP to MFP. My daughter had made her own mind up who she would vote for if she was old enough and that was MFP. My family's future is definitely my business. Indeed it's my number 1 focus so for someone to say is none of my business I respectfully say GFY.

I said to my wife Pita sounds good I hope he wins, then after she voted I asked her who did you vote for ? she said "Thaksin" LMAO. 

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, jogamonkseven said:

How you know 'they' don't give him come back for reason at 'they' can fire everyone and people's like you blame him when you don't have understand that Thaksin never have been more than tool what 'they' using same way than 'they' using everyone else?

I like your use of the word "tool".

Quite appropriate in this situation.

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

In other words conform.

What would you suggest? Protesting in the street?. Demand a vote at the next election? Call for the disbandment of the CC and the EC? Allow farangs to stand in the next election? Tell me what would happen if 1,100,1000 farangs did or demanded just one of these things? the only way a farang can vote is by his feet. Nothing to do with conforming.

• Like 1

Thailand ........ The "HUB" of political turmoil and turnover. It doesn't really matter what HUB a current PM wants to create because that PM won't be there long enough to see it to fruition.

5 hours ago, watchcat said:

They should deport him to Dubai where he could get all the medical attension he want

A Thai jail should do the job.

If it hurt: Here, take some para.

If it hurts more: Get used to the idea that you will die.

6 hours ago, watchcat said:

They should deport him to Dubai where he could get all the medical attension he want

He will need the Certificate of Innocence due to be issued on 31 August 2024(?) to satisfy the UAE authorities that he is a person suitable to be granted a visa. 😀

76......Hope he doesn't slur his words or talk with a lisp.

I am guessing he is just a stop gap.....he's been drafted in to sort out all the brown, smelly stuff.....wallet/ganja/Anutin/submarines etc.....once that is all done and dusted Paetongtarn can waltz in and take over.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, blazes said:

democracy where some big-wig taps on the PM's shoulder and says "Sorry mate, your time is up. Now pi$$ off

But that’s hardly democratic.
Surely the electorate should decide who becomes PM, by voting in a particular party at a General Election.  
Thai democracy sounds like the system that the Mafia employ. When someone steps out of line, he/she is booted out. 
At least, with UK Parties, new leaders, during an electoral cycle, are voted in, by a large membership of grass roots electorate. 
The Thai system is like a giant shark tank, where every now and again, a lump of meat is chucked into the mix. 

Edited by Charlest1971

Just now, Charlest1971 said:

Surely the electorate should decide who becomes PM, by voting in a particular party at a General Election.  

Thailand has a similar parliamentary system to the UK.  Just a lot more corrupt!

4 minutes ago, Charlest1971 said:

Nope.....not even in the UK. 

The party who is in government chooses their own PM.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Well said! The last thing we need in Thailand is a Western style 'DeMoRraCy' :sick:
I think Thailand is doing a great job of protecting it's country from such tyrants. Just look at how bad things are in the UK and America rtight now..

And Myanmar ?