Opinion: The Strategic Silence of Kamala Harris a Calculated Campaign in a Crucial Time

Social Media

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The debate is certainly going to be interesting

Yes. Between the policy-free Kamala and the senile, aggressive, racist, nasty Donald it's going to be fascinating to watch (though I'm thinking I'll need something strongish to drink to get me thru the whole show).

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Social Media said:

Harris has adopted a campaign strategy that is distinctively avoidant, characterized by a deliberate effort to evade press questioning and to retreat from previously held policy positions.

Why would any US political candidate that has no depth of knowledge and understanding of the issues that the US is faced with want to engage and answer questions with the press?

13 hours ago, Social Media said:

In what some observers describe as a ruthless move, Harris has systematically subtracted from her policy positions, shedding commitments that once defined her political identity. This is most evident in her quiet adoption of Donald Trump’s plan to eliminate taxes on tips, a policy she initially seemed poised to oppose. By co-opting this policy, Harris avoids the need to publicly criticize it, demonstrating a willingness to adapt and recalibrate her platform in pursuit of broader electoral appeal.

There it is, finally someone has the courage to cite the convoluted contradictions of the left.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, placeholder said:

And I'm sure that musk would be just as hard-hitting and ferocious in his interview with Harris as he was with Trump.

We'll never know because she's oh so ruthless. 

• Haha 2

I can't blame her if it is effective. But I DO blame the corporate media for eagerly going along. They are forgetting their mandate to aggressively pursue the truth, even at the price of losing their chummy status with the candidate. 

• Confused 2

8 hours ago, thaipo7 said:

She can announce anything she wants, just  as she can say anything that she wants.  She can flip flop now for votes and the flip flop back to her real commie self.   Are you a low information voter or a zealot for the Marxist Democrat Party.

Kamala said she will hit the ground running on day 1. Day 1 was in 2021 and she hasn't moved past a walk. If she wins the next 4 years of excuse making will make for interesting viewing from comedians. Either candidate gives the comedians plenty of material.

• Sad 1

Obviously going forward we are going to need to have some ground rules for campaigns and elections. This is getting close to having AI deep fakes controlling us. Reminds me of how the government worked in the film "the running man".  Get me the justice department  on the phone, entertainment division. Corny old film it's a great watch if you haven't seen it.

Kamala has stolen one of the dumber ideas out there about taxing tips because it might help her in Nevada. Apparently she is going to unveil some scheme for price controls later today. Lol these people think they are God. If she could control prices why didn't she do it by now? 

Meanwhile Trump rambles on like a lunatic and putting on the same tiresome show. I heard a little of a news conference he did yesterday and he seemed to be back on script. But is this type of opacity remains in elections we are headed for bad news. What's next one day you just get appointed the nominee and all the public knows is you have an avatar and donations page? 

Edited by Cryingdick

I saw a "rally" or something by Harris on Al Jazeera this morning. Not sure what it was, as not enough people to be an actual rally, and she wasn't taking questions so it wasn't a news conference.

There was a sort of big box behind her with about 50 people in it, and a gaggle of about 25 people in front taking VDOs with their phones. The camera crew did not attempt to show the audience in the room itself, so I can only surmise there wasn't any.

If that was a Trump address, it would have thousands of supporters in a big tent or such like.

As for what she said, it can't have been important as I don't remember any of it. Just the usual say nothing except slogans.

7 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Apparently she is going to unveil some scheme for price controls later today. Lol these people think they are God. If she could control prices why didn't she do it by now? 

That seems to be one of the questions the MSM never ask the chosen one. Might prove embarrassing.

7 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Meanwhile Trump rambles on like a lunatic and putting on the same tiresome show.

You'd have to have watched it to know, so the obvious question is why would you watch something you assumed would be tiresome?

44 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You'd have to have watched it to know, so the obvious question is why would you watch something you assumed would be tiresome?

I watch in the hope he might change it up and get himself back in the race. You realize I am not a fan of Kamala right? I begin to wonder if many posters here even know who they respond to. But yeah Trump has been losing it lately. It comes on when i am watching the five or Brett Baer. 

It's not any big secret that many people are saying he has become boring, repetitive and unhinged lately. He seems to be losing his fastball. He did better reading from notes the other night.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Cryingdick said:

I watch in the hope he might change it up and get himself back in the race. You realize I am not a fan of Kamala right? I begin to wonder if many posters here even know who they respond to. But yeah Trump has been losing it lately. It comes on when i am watching the five or Brett Baer. 

He's never going to change. We see what Trump is, not the carefully manufactured facade that is a normal politician.

Far as I can see he's the same as he always was, so don't get where he's losing it. Perhaps you can give us an example.

Good to read that you haven't swallowed the BS that Harris is the chosen one. We don't really know anything about her as she's been hiding the past 3 1/2 years and says nothing much even now. Hard to know when she takes no questions at a news conference.

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

He's never going to change. We see what Trump is, not the carefully manufactured facade that is a normal politician.

Far as I can see he's the same as he always was, so don't get where he's losing it. Perhaps you can give us an example.

Good to read that you haven't swallowed the BS that Harris is the chosen one. We don't really know anything about her as she's been hiding the past 3 1/2 years and says nothing much even now. Hard to know when she takes no questions at a news conference.

Maybe he is the same as ever. He is rambling on for long amounts of time lately. He should take a page from the Harris campaign. Stay on script and seek shade. Even Fox doesn't cover his entire events anymore like they used to. I hope he beats Kamala but he has already made his case. Kamala's price fixing scheme wasn't well received let her  talk for awhile. The more Trump talks the less interesting he is becoming.

Edited by Cryingdick

4 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Maybe he is the same as ever. He is rambling on for long amounts of time lately. He should take a page from the Harris campaign. Stay on script and seek shade. Even Fox doesn't cover his entire events anymore like they used to. I hope he beats Kamala but he has already made his case. Kamala's price fixing scheme wasn't well received let her  talk for awhile. The more Trump talks the less interesting he is becoming.

Trump's base don't go to his rallies to hear him keep on script. They go to hear him rubbish the opposition and the MSM.

He's being an entertainer not a politician.

If his base didn't like his speeches they wouldn't turn up in the thousands. Meanwhile Harris can't get enough supporters to fill a small room when she says not much at all.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Trump's base don't go to his rallies to hear him keep on script. They go to hear him rubbish the opposition and the MSM.

If his base didn't like his speeches they wouldn't turn up in the thousands. Meanwhile Harris can't get enough supporters to fill a small room when she says not much at all.

His act is getting stale we need a leader not an old senile felon fraud and failure 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Nobody goes to hsi events except his base. His mindless, rambling, recycled version of his greatest hits isn't convincing the people he needs to reach. The only really hope now is Kamala gravitates closer to stupidville than she already is. She did a good job of that today. I can tell you right now that even in deep red Trump country where I live in the USA there isn't a feeling amongst my MAGA neighbors that a win is likely if the path remains the same.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, placeholder said:

You mean she plans to destroy Obamacare? She going to stop the push towards renewable energy? She is going to abandon the Ukrainians? She's going to push for lower taxes on corporations? 

No... she is going to sell white guy tacos... tuna and mayo  Tim Walz: “I have white guy tacos.” Kamala Harris: “What does that mean? Mayonnaise and tuna?”

• Confused 1

The criticizing is a day late.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/08/16/business/harris-price-gouging-ban-inflation/index.html

On Friday, Vice President Kamala Harris said she has a solution: a federal ban on price gouging across the food industry.

“My plan will include new penalties for opportunistic companies that exploit crises and break the rules,” Harris said at a campaign event.

Edited by earlinclaifornia
  • Like 1