Russian dad’s Phuket heartbreak: Wife bolts, leaves him penniless

snoop1130

Russian came to Thailand, got married to thai woman speaking tinglish, got "robbed" and left with a kid. 

No woman I met will leave a child behind, so there's must be some clue why she left?

Also, Magdeev is NOT russian surname AFAIK

And at last - he's 57! 

the best option would be to re-unity his son with thai family (he is khun thai isn't?) and deport that "master of boats" back to Mother Russia.

• Sad 3

8 minutes ago, NowNow said:

I read and seen many examples of local women leaving their children with foreign partners and of course grandmothers. You are really just being nasty.

You are living in a strange place surrounded by weird people. How unfortunate for them.

• Sad 3

5 hours ago, Will B Good said:

This made me sit up......

So if I get divorced from my Thai wife.......... I get half of her money, house, land and farm?

:cheesy: TIT ....  good luck with that one .

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Yep, let the 4 year old, who is fluent in Thai, go to Russian and not understand a word.

The kid's 5. I can't find any reference to him being fluent in Thai. Are you just assuming that? He will learn Russian if he lives there. He's just a kid. They learn fast. Father already speaks Russian, presumably. I brought up our 4 year old daughter in the UK after her Thai mum left. It's not rocket science.

• Like 1

I feel empathy for both the father 57 and the young son, only 5.

We all know what kind of future this kid is going to have, being brought into this world by two totally irresponsible parents IMO.

IMO and not wanting to be a father basher, but what kind of irresponsible person puts all his eggs in one basket, here wife, I build you house, I buy you car on loan to bank. He obviously didn't think of his investment, i.e. what if the $h-t hits the fan, what are my fall back options for me and our son.

To anyone reading this, only invest as much as your prepared to lose (10%) of your worth, and have a plan B with the other (90%), if you don't follow this simple advice, then it's all on you. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Are there no flights back home?? 😳

Without a signed document from the mother, his son wouldn't be going with him, it doesn't sound his son would have a good and stable upbringing in Thailand without him, would the local family even take care of him or would he be homeless at 5 years old.

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, bradiston said:

The kid's 5. I can't find any reference to him being fluent in Thai. Are you just assuming that? He will learn Russian if he lives there. He's just a kid. They learn fast. Father already speaks Russian, presumably. I brought up our 4 year old daughter in the UK after her Thai mum left. It's not rocket science.

At three, my boy is pretty fluent in young person's Thai, and getting good at English. Of course he will pick up Ruskie if he is taken there with no alternative. Yes, I hope his father DOES speak Russian!

7 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Are there no flights back home?? 😳

And how does he get his son with him without a lot of proof and paperwork? Please, think before you post.

• Confused 1

what a drama! 2 tickets - sayonara Siam! - privet Russia!

free KG, school, healthcare - what could be better for a kid?

he will catch local language and will go to school at 7 or maybe a bit later.

what future awaits him in Thailand?

perhaps orphanage?

but my guess is she (his wife) is not an evil in the flesh. Something went wrong and she had no option to abandon his and their son. 

1 minute ago, Gottfrid said:

And how does he get his son with him without a lot of proof and paperwork? Please, think before you post.

Birth certificate with his name >>> translation + MFA stamp >>> Russian passport >>> airport. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Not that easy! The question here is if he has sole custody, they have shared custody or if mother have full custody and just left.

the moment he gets RU passport he can fly with his dad. Seen that few times. Easy-peasy

However if his mother smart enough to write that "ban" and submit it to (i don't know who) than the custody thingy will pop up.

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

Birth certificate with his name >>> translation + MFA stamp >>> Russian passport >>> airport. 

What are the odds that a Thai born kid with one Thai parent can be taken out of the country by a foreign parent without the Thai parent's permission?  If that was easy, I know a lot of guys who'd be living "back home" with their child instead of eking out a meager living in Thailand, to be near their kid(s).

If he got the kid a Russkie passport, the first question at departure immigration would probably be "where's his entry stamp?"...

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, impulse said:

If he got the kid a Russkie passport, the first question at departure immigration would probably be "where's his entry stamp?"...

It is written in the passport that is was issued in Thailand. 

kid was born in Thailand

as a russkie citizen he has the very own right to go to russia. 

but likely he won't be able to fly from Russia back to Thailand - yes, he will need both parents permission. And if his mother didn't apply for his thai citizenship and passport - he will be very unfortunate.

Edited by NativeBob

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

At three, my boy is pretty fluent in young person's Thai, and getting good at English. Of course he will pick up Ruskie if he is taken there with no alternative. Yes, I hope his father DOES speak Russian!

His father is Russian. Chances are, he speaks Russian.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NativeBob said:

It is written in the passport that is was issued in Thailand. 

kid was born in Thailand

as a russkie citizen he has the very own right to go to russia. 

but likely he won't be able to fly from Russia back to Thailand - yes, he will need both parents permission. And if his mother didn't apply for his thai citizenship and passport - he will be very unfortunate.

If the child has a Thai mother and is born in Thailand there is absolutely no need for his mother to apply for his Thai citizenship.

I know also that the Thai government will not allow a Thai child leave the country without written consent of both parents,unless the parent taking the child out has sole custody.

Doing it otherwise is kidnapping and not so legal.

• Agree 2

On 8/16/2024 at 4:55 PM, snoop1130 said:

A Thai man, Ekkawit Suratwadee, shared the story of 57 year old Russian man Oleg Magdeev and his five year old son on social media, hoping to seek assistance for the foreigner. Magdeev wanted to stay and work legally in Thailand to care for his son after his Thai wife left them.

Unfortunately he'll be unceremoniously kicked out (or thrown into IDP forever) and his kid given to a Thai family member, or maybe just any old Thai person. 

With a 5 year old son I'm assuming he's been here for 5 years or longer.  If he was a foreign women and the husband split leaving her with his son, he'd of already been given the opportunity to become a Thai citizen.  Then he could work and keep his family together.   But instead?  Well - like the rest of us married to Thai women, we are just bad people and don't deserved the human rights of a foreign woman married to a Thai man.  

A foreign women who had a Thai child with a Thai spouse is considered the be a member of Thai society and worthy of citizenship, residency, and the ability to work and remain in Thailand to raise her Thai child after the spouse leaves.  Thai society values and supports that family unit.
A foreign man who had a Thai child with a Thai spouse is considered the be unworthy to be a member of Thai society, and is not worthy of citizenship, or residency, or the ability to work and remain in Thailand to raise his Thai child after the spouse leaves. Thai society disdains that family unit and is happy to split it asunder, the child and father be damned.

This is how "human rights" is defined in Thailand. 

Looking in my crystal ball, I see arrest, imprisonment, and deportation and his family shattered and scattered to the wind.  

Edited by connda

5 minutes ago, jvs said:

Doing it otherwise is kidnapping and not so legal.

I only know that from experience of friends who I knew since last century.

Talking about legality is not related to the OP. 

9 minutes ago, jvs said:

there is absolutely no need for his mother to apply for his Thai citizenship.

yes, they toss Thai ID cards and passports at daycare unit, I know. mother might not even have an idea about it. absolutely 🤣

2 hours ago, impulse said:

I know a lot of guys who'd be living "back home" with their child instead of eking out a meager living in Thailand, to be near their kid(s).

Me too. You made a perfect point though: to be near their kid(s) <<< to bask in their presence w/o worrying about their future. 

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

I only know that from experience of friends who I knew since last century.

Talking about legality is not related to the OP. 

yes, they toss Thai ID cards and passports at daycare unit, I know. mother might not even have an idea about it. absolutely 🤣

You are being yourself nasty and naive Bob,a child leaves the hospital here with a birth certificate,that is proof the child is Thai!

You think the father can take the child out of Thailand illegally?

I know of a few parents that traveled alone with their child,a letter from the other parent is usually necessary and immigration will make a call.

We do not know much because the article does not provide enough information ,it could be either parent or both who are in the wrong.

Break ups are never easy ,more complicated when there is a child involved.

2 minutes ago, jvs said:

You are being yourself nasty and naive Bob,a child leaves the hospital here with a birth certificate,that is proof the child is Thai!

Nope. not true. we left without BC. I got it about a month later at local khet office. Bangkok, not Buriram.

2 minutes ago, jvs said:

You think the father can take the child out of Thailand illegally?

I don't think - I know guys personally. Legai-shmelegal <<< IDK. Are you a lawyer or just ....? Ooops, IDK that either

4 minutes ago, jvs said:

Break ups are never easy ,more complicated when there is a child involved.

No <deleted>, Sherlock! What a bold statement! Are you a family shrink as well?

• Sad 1