Thai's are the friendliest, good natured, nicest people I've ever met

11 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Meaning?

I was a hotelier and up early in the mornings and had ample opportunity to see the people returning to the hotel and nearby hotels at 7am, we also had a taxi rank, two actually, at either end of the Soi.

I saw plenty of foreigners, who having a skinful and don't know when to call it a day, chose to drink with taxi drivers early morning.

I've seen it go bad as well, on more than one occasion.

Its all about the enviroment you breeding in when making your experiences. Pattaya around single men old and young isnt representing everyone in Thailand. I have seen the most in Thailand, but not experienced everything first hand. 

Have no negative or bad experiences the share personally, but I have met people who blaim everyone else for own mistakes.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Look at my friends, helping this young woman, wouldn't happen in Australia.

you're right. in australia that police car would of stopped and everything would of been taken care of. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stoner said:

you're right. in australia that police car would of stopped and everything would of been taken care of. 

Yes, cops here have a different attitude. 

Not stopping for most things except lunch and a nap. 

We see this poor behaviour daily as motorbike riders travel freely not wearing helmets etc. 

7 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Don't bother trying to explain what offshore work is about. Working 12+ hrs a day for 28 days straight. Away from family. Isn't a lifestyle many are familiar with.

Yes, it's difficult for some to understand offshore working 

I've been doing it now for a long time now, occasionally I miss family events some years depending on my rotation but I like the 1 month off.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

You only drink on your 28 days off because you can't drink on offshore rigs, can you?

The offshore drilling rigs I work on are NO alcohol

6 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Speaking of your uneducated Somchais

I see your point, and the Bolt drivers you drink with, and get drunk with, very early in the morning are well-educated then?

I'd love to know which universities they attended

I've worked with these guys, offshore, they work for different service companies, most work for Halliburton. 

You must understand I work for an offshore drilling company as an expat commuter. I get paid a salary, every month, time on and time off. In the countries that the rig works, the locals working for these service companies as engineers etc. are ALL university educated, the locals are paid a much lower salary. On their time off they choose to work, they have their own homes and cars, Bolt is a convenient job for these guys on their time off.

They are drinking a few beers after work (NOT GETTING DRUNK) with their friends after a hard day's work before they go home to their families. 

What's your point?

Why are you being hostile? 

You come across as an agitator, there's no need for this behaviour. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

This thread should be titled "Tales from the Ghetto - An Alcoholics's Morning Adventure".

If someone wants to drink, it's their business, but it shouldn't be justified by the "I work shifts" excuse.  Drinking at 07:00 hours, is neither healthy nor normal as this is definitely not a characteristic of shift cycle workers. Passed out in the gutter like this is low class ghetto behavior and is frowned upon by much of Thai society.

And as for Bolt drivers in Thailand having university diplomas. Get real. The majority of people who drive for Bolt, Line, Grab have a common socio economic characteristic; Older, unskilled, and poor.  Ageism is a reality of Thailand and many service  type companies will not hire older workers (age 35+) for unskilled labour positions.   The delivery drivers tend to be people who would otherwise be unemployable. The income is low and the working conditions can be unpleasant. No one wants to be a food delivery person. They do it because that's all that there is when you are a 40 year old with no education and no skilled trade. 

Oh dear, another agitator. 

Some people here are lonely old, angry men, looking to argue. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

No need to argue.  Just correcting multiple inaccuracies. 

I went to length above to explain but some will choose to ignore 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

4 hours ago, Hummin said:

Its all about the enviroment you breeding in when making your experiences. Pattaya around single men old and young isnt representing everyone in Thailand. I have seen the most in Thailand, but not experienced everything first hand. 

Have no negative or bad experiences the share personally, but I have met people who blaim everyone else for own mistakes.

I left Pattaya after selling the hotel a long time ago.

I now live a long way away from there, and I am happy that I do.

Likewise, I live now in what could be considered Real Thailand.

A much quieter more peaceful life.

Pattaya is full of sex pats, ex-SAS members, Secret Service, drunks, conmen, crooks and dreamers.

There are also the losers and the jealous and those whose brains have become addled with alcohol.

That is not the style I wish to be associated with.

You see, you can reinvent yourself and pretend to be anything you want to be in Pattaya, Phuket, Bangkok etc

My life now may be considered boring by the likes of some Pattaya expats, but it suits me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I'd stop to check her pockets 

you rotten scoundrel you! 😉 

what time you havin your first cold one today, steven?

bob.

Edited by bob smith

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

you rotten scoundrel you! 😉 

what time you havin your first cold one today, steven?

bob.

yeah'  I was joking.. I'd help her if she needed it.

now, more importantly ....  1.30pm is official start time I guess.  

23 minutes ago, steven100 said:

yeah'  I was joking.. I'd help her if she needed it.

now, more importantly ....  1.30pm is official start time I guess.  

late start today!

i'll be having my first at lunch time.. tis sunday after all..

bob.

• Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, bob smith said:

I would stop and help, just like any decent human would/should.

Wouldn't you?

bob.

I'm not convinced you're not the type of person who would check her pockets.

Your posting history hasn't convinced me. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Too much of a generalisation.

Plenty of them are selfish, mean, callous, and cheats, especially in Isaarn, just like other countries, but the Thai can add an extra layer of viciousness to it.

Many are very shallow. Even in the sticks, the worst for cheating, lying and stealing are other family members.

Thais can, of course, be very friendly and kind, it's a big part of their culture and features prominently in their education system, but there is also a big culture of saying nothing and not getting involved in various negative aspects of life in Thailand.

We see many news articles of horrible things happening in Thailand, particularly to vulnerable people, and no one says or does a thing (although they probably gossip about it in private).

It's probably not a great idea to think that Thais are all selfish and let horrible things happen to other people either.

What's most interesting is the fact that the OP ignores the number of Thai people who must have completely ignored this Thai girl unconscious on the floor, and chooses only to focus on the two Thai people that decided to help her.  The ones that ignored her don't mean anything, but the ones that helped her indicate how friendly, good natured and nice Thai people are.

Selection bias in action.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

I'm not convinced you're not the type of person who would check her pockets.

I never said I would 'check her pockets'....

what on earth are you on about?

bob.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Plenty of them are selfish, mean, callous, and cheats, especially in Isaarn, just like other countries, but the Thai can add an extra layer of viciousness to it.

Many are very shallow. Even in the sticks, the worst for cheating, lying and stealing are other family members.

It's very rare to get close to them, it takes years and years, They want to know everything about you, whilst telling you nothing about themselves.

This is what I have found also. They are manipulative and conniving for their own gain and your loss. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1