Thaksin Shinawatra Granted Royal Pardon, Released from Prison Term Immediately

This is the person who is running Thailand now

This is Thaskin 

His government has been frequently charged with dictatorship, demagogy, corruption, conflicts of interest, human rights offenses, acting undiplomatically, using legal loopholes, and hostility towards a free press. A controversial leader, he has been the target of numerous allegations of lèse majesté, treason, usurping religious and royal authority, selling assets to international investors, religious desecration

UN Commission on Human Rights

"Lawyers have suggested that Thaksin's drug war might amount to a crime against humanity under Article Seven of the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court [ICC], set up in 1992."

Thaksin finds this funny. "I've done nothing wrong!" he laughs. "I just give the policy."

Human rights commissioner Wasant Panich thinks otherwise. "Those who devised the policy are primarily responsible for the deaths," he says. Mr Wasant believes that only the threat of an ICC trial will ensure this kind of incident never happens. Thailand signed the Rome Statute in 2000 but, under Thaksin, didn't ratify it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

This is the person who is running Thailand now

This is Thaskin 

His government has been frequently charged with dictatorship, demagogy, corruption, conflicts of interest, human rights offenses, acting undiplomatically, using legal loopholes, and hostility towards a free press. A controversial leader, he has been the target of numerous allegations of lèse majesté, treason, usurping religious and royal authority, selling assets to international investors, religious desecration

UN Commission on Human Rights

"Lawyers have suggested that Thaksin's drug war might amount to a crime against humanity under Article Seven of the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court [ICC], set up in 1992."

Thaksin finds this funny. "I've done nothing wrong!" he laughs. "I just give the policy."

Human rights commissioner Wasant Panich thinks otherwise. "Those who devised the policy are primarily responsible for the deaths," he says. Mr Wasant believes that only the threat of an ICC trial will ensure this kind of incident never happens. Thailand signed the Rome Statute in 2000 but, under Thaksin, didn't ratify it.

" I just gave the orders" is a new one 😂

37 minutes ago, itsari said:

I agree , the prime minister of Thailand is little more than a fiqurehead and has little to no real power or influence.

It´s to be compared to a marionette where everyone who holds a part of the real power has a certain percentage of threads to pull calculated on their wealth and influence.

Edited by Gottfrid

21 hours ago, DougieMax said:

The decree will apply to a total of about 200,000 people. My guess is that Thailand will now be awash with criminals running freely throughout the country. Still doesn't even compare to the massive numbers of criminals and assorted mental defectives running wild in western countries courtesy of open borders.

Those 200,000 get a sentence reduction, they remain incarerated.

Seems like Thaksin's second pardon is only technical, as it just lets him off his probation two weeks early.  It is not like a US presidential pardon that wipes off the criminal record completely.  So he is still ineligible for public office thank God.  He can be an official advisor to PT though which enables him to speak on politics in public but that is not much different from he has been doing on probation.  

On 8/17/2024 at 5:36 PM, Georgealbert said:

The decree grants clemency to approximately 200,000 prisoners across Thailand, with 50,000 being released immediately. Among those granted release are around 7,500 individuals who were already on probation.

Watch the crime rate soar.

On 8/17/2024 at 5:58 PM, MikeandDow said:

As far as I know You are correct, Thaskin is a Convicted felon with a record and can not hold any post in government

Why should she want to he's the puppeteer

As far as I know You are correct, Thaskin is a Convicted felon with a record and can not hold any post in government

From last weeks thread (posted there yesterday)

Screenshot 2024-08-18 162314.png

Seems that Thaksin disagrees with you. It'll be interesting to see if Thai media has anything to say about him appearing in uniform.

On 8/17/2024 at 5:49 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

As far as I know a pardon is only for convicted criminals.

They are still convicted criminals, now pardoned convicted criminals.

So, I guess his daughter still can't hire the criminal, otherwise she will follow Srettha. 

She has no intention to do so and he denied already.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, parallelman said:

From last weeks thread (posted there yesterday)

Screenshot 2024-08-18 162314.png

Seems that Thaksin disagrees with you. It'll be interesting to see if Thai media has anything to say about him appearing in uniform.

I saw Thaksin's brother in uniform.  It appears someone has photoshopped Thaksin's head into that photo.

9 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Thanksin has a brother ?

NO

Family tree of members

Shinawatra family tree
      Seng Saekhu       Thongdi  

Chiang Sinawatra          

Loet Sinawatra          

Potjaman Damapong   Thaksin Shinawatra   Yingluck Shinawatra   Anusorn Amornchat   Yaowapha Shinawatra   Somchai Wongsawat

Panthongtae Shinawatra   Pinthongtha Shinawatra   Paetongtarn Shinawatra    
Edited by MikeandDow

On 8/17/2024 at 9:10 PM, topt said:

Unfortunately to wield his influence he apparently doesn't need to does he........:whistling:

You know the ventriliquist act you see on t.v or at las vegas shows..thats what we have here .Daughter is the dummy on dads knee.

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Fortean1 said:

I saw Thaksin's brother in uniform.  It appears someone has photoshopped Thaksin's head into that photo.

Definitely not photoshopped. On TV news getting out of a Limo being met by his daughter then walking around.

Screenshot 2024-08-19 102250.png

I Wouldn't Bet My House on it !!!

On 8/17/2024 at 8:39 PM, maesariang said:

He is a billionaire. He does not need a job.

When you are dealing with megalomaniacs who have delusions of grandeur and possess an obsession for power, it is not about "needing"a job. To them, there is no such thing as enough wealth, power or adulation.

• Thumbs Up 1

What do you thik not officially but he was running the country while in Dubai and where have you been?