Swiss Expat Sentencing in Phuket Set for September 3rd

webfact

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

The Dr will get a few hundred thousand baht as compensation,  sore back etc ... 

Everyone will get a birds nest basket and flowers and wai's all around.

It'll all be put down as a big misunderstanding ....      and it'll be forgotten in a couple of weeks. 

No, if that were the case, this case would have been resolved months ago, back in April perhaps. 

I don't think it will be forgotten about at all. Urs will also be deported (if I were him, I would begged to voluntarily be permitted to leave the country back in March, never to return). Of course, this would have meant providing compensation in an out of court settlement at the time too.

I'm wondering why this case wasn't settled out of court long ago. Did the Swiss man insist on taking it to court?

7 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Nonsense.

Theres even a poster here who says a thai person attempted to kill him and got away with it…britmantoo? He still stays in thailand for some reason.

Edited by mdr224
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tomtomtom69 said:

I'm wondering why this case wasn't settled out of court long ago. Did the Swiss man insist on taking it to court?

not sure ....   maybe the doc insisted on going to court .

• Thumbs Up 1

He appears to be an arrogant jerk.  Giving the finger to the ambulance driver was not necessary and he should be deported from this country for his stupid behavior.  I guess he forgot what a "guess" is supposed to do here.  He can go back to Switzerland and continue to be arrogant.

• Like 1

yes ... what ever happened to those thug bouncers in Patts that kicked that guy in the head ?

I'll tell you what happened ....   Nothing     !!

The people on the steps did not fight back.  The idiots on Soi 6 started the fight and FAFO!  The bouncers were arrested.  Look it up before you write crap on the net.

The Dr will get a few hundred thousand baht as compensation,  sore back etc ... 

Everyone will get a birds nest basket and flowers and wai's all around.

It'll all be put down as a big misunderstanding ....      and it'll be forgotten in a couple of weeks. 

I had already forgotten it. Why did they have to bring it up again?

3 hours ago, smedly said:

what ?

incoherent bs

Please explain, what is BS in the comment you replied to?

3 hours ago, smedly said:

this is common assault but hardly a brutlal encounter, a few lessons have been learned, this guy needs to stop bullying people especially when he was 100% in the wrong - it wasn't ever his property 

pay the lady a large amount of money and you might even get to stay in Thailand 

you were wrong

He already tried that before the legal proceeding started. It was refused!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

He is talking nonsense in that case as he refuses to clarify what he did after he damaged the guy's car.

Sounds like a pretty believable story to me from my experiences here. When things go wrong here they go really wrong really quickly. And no lawyer or policeman will save you

Edited by mdr224

The verdict/sentence will depend on how much money the idiot has and will decide whether or not he gets to stay in Thailand. 

If it was up to me, I would send his dumbass back to where he came from as there is no excuse for putting your hands on, never mind kicking, a female in Thailand or anywhere else.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Taboo2 said:

The people on the steps did not fight back.  The idiots on Soi 6 started the fight and FAFO!  The bouncers were arrested.  Look it up before you write crap on the net.

nonsense ... the bouncers are out working as bouncers again as usual.  Look it up before you write crap on the net.  They just haul them into the station with media present as it's all show ... make out they're are doing something when they're not really.  :ermm:

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mdr224 said:

When things go wrong here they go really wrong really quickly. And no lawyer or policeman will save you

Not true, have had several things going wrong over the years but never got in any serious trouble. Police did help.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

In February, Dr. Thandao and a friend were sitting on steps leading to Yamu Beach, watching the full moon, when Fehr reportedly approached them, demanded they leave, and allegedly kicked Dr. Thandao in the back. Fehr, however, claims he slipped while approaching the pair.

A widely circulated video of the incident sparked anti-foreigner sentiment among locals, leading to a protest at the beach near Fehr’s residence, reported The Phuket News.

I take it that in the circulating video, shows that she didn't slip, that said, if he actually kicked her without her touching him, he deserves everything he gets, suffice to say, if it were I, a simple call to the cops stating that someone is on my property, has been asked to leave but won't, would have been easier, but to assault someone, especially a female, is not the way to go David. 

I think a 200,000 baht fine or ail time of 6 months, you chose is appropriate.

Hopefully you won't do it again, as I read somewhere else, you have done this before ?

2 minutes ago, Roel said:

It is called compensation or an out-of-court settlement. It is not illegal and is a common practice to avoid cases going to court. You don’t ‘bribe’ a victim; bribes are given to officials to make them turn a blind eye.

You are right.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

No, he tried to bribe the doctor to drop the case but she refused.

Clearly then, the doctor and her Russian boyfriend are keeping it going, probably so they can stay in the limelight.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

founder of the Green Elephant Sanctuary Park in Cherng Talay,

That frankly appears to be a sham, renting elephants for his sanctuary, likely to justify an NGO type organization for a visa. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, jimgilly said:

The verdict/sentence will depend on how much money the idiot has and will decide whether or not he gets to stay in Thailand. 

If it was up to me, I would send his dumbass back to where he came from as there is no excuse for putting your hands on, never mind kicking, a female in Thailand or anywhere else.

It's already been decided he won't be allowed to stay in Thailand. Anutin said so himself.

Also, with this case being as high profile as it is, being Urs, he needs to be careful not to be randomly attacked in public.

I assume he's been in hiding for the past 5 months? Staying at home? Or at least wearing a mask or something to disguise his appearance.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tomtomtom69 said:

Clearly then, the doctor and her Russian boyfriend are keeping it going, probably so they can stay in the limelight.

Never heard of a Russian boyfriend but she had offered to walk away if the Swiss guy apologized but he refused and threatened her. She then got the police involved. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

He’s clearly taken way to many to the head himself…,    A complete & utter tool whose posts on here are some of the most pathetic & ridiculous of any poster… 

Another keyboard warrior who can’t even spell.

These stories of violence bring them out.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Never heard of a Russian boyfriend but she had offered to walk away if the Swiss guy apologized but he refused and threatened her. She then got the police involved. 

Her Russian boyfriend was often present at news conferences when this story first hit the news.

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

Doubtful since it has been ongoing for months already.

I think it has had way too much publicity to disappear.

I think they will make an example of him.

Too many high level government ministers got involved.

Incidentally, there has been fallout over this, even for me in the sticks.

I had my first home visit in 28 years. The Immigration officers were pleasant and polite, but insisted on meeting my neighbours, to ensure I had been a good ' foreigner ' and not disturbed the peace of the village.

Fortunately, as I have said previously, we have a compound and the only neighbours are my partner's elder sister on one side and mother on the other.

However, this home visit was a direct result of negative press in the news regarding foreigners and a clampdown ordered by the government.

Was it over the top, of course it was, but we can't argue.

Parting words were, Everything OK, I'll see you in six months, or maybe not!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1