Pattaya Klang → Bangkok Mochit Bus Terminal. Good way to get to DMK?

GypsyT

Didn't work for me last time. Not early enough.

Also, free shuttle is only if you got to show same day ticket...

Plus; Regular bus to Mo Chit + free shuttle to DMK is 2h faster! Or should be.

Key board travel works fine.... real life not.

I've been on it a couple of times.  Pre-booking is a bit of hit or miss as sometimes they let you book and sometimes not.  They'll drop you at Mochit BTS if you ask, or take you to the bus station, but nowhere near where you'll catch a departing bus from and it took a bit of finding the first time for me.

They've also got a couple of bus sizes and I feel a lot safer in the bigger ones.

• Like 1

Me too think big is safer. And it's an early service via fast motorway.

https://pattayabus.com/

Going: 05:00 07:30 09:00 10:00 11:00 12:00 13:00 14:00 15:00 16:00 17:00 18:00

I tried and got this reservation;

Departure From: Roong Reaung Coach - North Pattaya Rd. To Morchit 2 Bus Terminal.

Date: 22 Aug 2024 05:00

- At MorChit I can grab taxi if free DMK shuttle isn't close. I remember it is.

- Regular train is close too and stops at DMK but that's a mess in Thailand

PS. I always get kick of "More<deleted>!"

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GypsyT said:

Price only $ 5. Time 2h 40min.

Anyone taken it?

At that location, or near this is a Van service that actually takes you to the DMK,  My brother took it last year for a Air Asia flight to China.

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

At that location, or near this is a Van service that actually takes you to the DMK,  My brother took it last year for a Air Asia flight to China.

Would you, and others, please name who did you use? How much you paid?

Thanks!

5 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Have to tell you it took 3 hours and 40 minutes to arrive. You are better off taking a van. Faster and only about 20 baht more. 

The big bus is 140THB. Did you really paid only 160THB? How early they go?

What was the company? Thnx.

5 hours ago, GypsyT said:

Thanks!

Up from Foodland same side just pass a dental office called Dental Idea?  You see one or two mini buses parked outside or a white Van stripes on bottom you see them running up and down Sukhumvit to Bangkok.

I believe the office or offices looks liked two opened at times with a few people waiting.

Too late now but depends on when going I might be able to go by tomorrow and double check. I remember my brother mention 200-250 baht. It travel down Sukhumvit-Chon Buri- Bangkok, I last use them near end of Covid to Ekamai it was 130 baht.

They do stop to pickup, dropoff even wait a few minutes during the trip said it took 2.5 hour.

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

Up from Foodland same side just pass a dental office called Dental Idea?  You see one or two mini buses parked outside or a white Van stripes on bottom you see them running up and down Sukhumvit to Bangkok.

I believe the office or offices looks liked two opened at times with a few people waiting.

Too late now but depends on when going I might be able to go by tomorrow and double check. I remember my brother mention 200-250 baht. It travel down Sukhumvit-Chon Buri- Bangkok, I last use them near end of Covid to Ekamai it was 130 baht.

They do stop to pickup, dropoff even wait a few minutes during the trip said it took 2.5 hour.

Vans to Rangsit, Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi.

150 baht to Bangkok

180 baht to Don Meuang (2023)

The bus runs every 40 minutes from here to Don Meuang.
The first bus to the airport leaves at 6am and the last bus leaves at 6pm.
Travel time is around 4 hours.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/KbBHisvCPNnK4o5HA

Edited by Espanol
Added Google Maps link
  • Thanks 1

Thanks... but not for me; NO reservations.

2 months old posting:

"The first Bus leaves at 5:00 a.m. From there, there is one departure every hour. Boarding is on a first-come, first-served basis. Since there are limited seats, it is better to prepare early. Departure times are quite accurate."

And;

"Typical Thai 'squeezer' minibus, 180 THB to Don Mueang. You can save yourself the trouble trying to reserve a ticket: they just don't do that there. Buses leave hourly (full hours)"

On 8/21/2024 at 11:07 AM, GypsyT said:

Thanks!

I went by the place today it has been a while, I thought what i saw in the past the two office were side by side. So I stop where I thought it was there was only one office, the sign outside says to Bangkok a number of location there was also a larger bus seats around 20 parked outside the furthest it goes is Mo Chit, I asked don't you have a service to DM, he gives me the head toe for me a warning!  No service to DM, ask him there was an office here that went to DM.  He said no!

I spoke to my brother just now said there is another further down before Power Buy, now my brother at times his age not all there so I will go by tomorrow I see for sure if there is in fact another office that goes DM, he said problem two stops one to Swamp and other to DM, and not 4 hours it was as I noted 2.5, also said if packed bit tight if you are a big guy.

I thank you for your troubles trying to help.

But let's forget this - too unsure company.

I may rent a condo in Bangkok to be my base for DMK travel.

MoChit area has two nice parks for walking, big weekend market and easy access to Trains, Bus and Metro.