Top Officials Face Allegations Over Land Encroachment in Buriram

9 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Oooo.......now this sounds interesting......can he be banned from public office? 🙏

Read somewhere can be 10yr ban but it will take some time for this to happen

see the other news about a cc judge  Thailand is a big mess

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

"The Department of Lands (DoL) recently completed a survey of all land deeds in the park, revealing the alleged encroachment," Pattharapong highlighted. This survey, concluded last week, purportedly uncovered the encroachment on state-owned land. Such acts would constitute ethical violations if linked to political figures, potentially resulting in lifetime bans from political office.

The involvement of Anutin, currently serving as the caretaker deputy prime minister and interior minister, could pose significant risks to his political future. Pattharapong emphasized that the allegations could impact Anutin's chances of re-appointment to key Cabinet positions.

I would just love to see this man removed from office....

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

land encroachment in Khao Kradong Forest Park, Buriram.

a construction project on a 5,083-rai plot owned by the State Railway of Thailand (SRT)

Anutin is alleged to have been involved in obtaining land within the forest park

I don't quite follow this. This is park land, or railroad land? Or does the railroad somehow own land inside the park?

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

uncovered the encroachment on state-owned land. Such acts would constitute ethical violations if linked to political figures

When would such acts constitute criminal violations? When they are linked to non-politicians!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

International? I you sure about that?

Totally. And I can see the unfinished building every time I catch the single daily flight to Don Muang: a laugh.

Haven't checked but I am pretty sure the family and/or friends of the square headed ex-minister  is involved. Buriram is the hub of unnecessary public works. 

The resurface the highway in front of the Army barracks every year. Some general wants to enjoy a silent ride in his Mercedes, paid with his resurfacing commissions.

Edited by Ben Zioner

1 hour ago, Ben Zioner said:

Totally. And I can see the unfinished building every time I catch the single daily flight to Don Muang: a laugh.

Haven't checked but I am pretty sure the family and/or friends of the square headed ex-minister  is involved. Buriram is the hub of unnecessary public works. 

The resurface the highway in front of the Army barracks every year. Some general wants to enjoy a silent ride in his Mercedes, paid with his resurfacing commissions.

I only queried that because, for an airport to meet International standard, there are many conditions to be met including runway length and loading, fire and rescue, ATC, local transportation and accommodation etc etc not simply an unfinished passenger terminal. Surin had this dream at one point and Buriram is way ahead of them. 😀

1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

I only queried that because, for an airport to meet International standard, there are many conditions to be met including runway length and loading, fire and rescue, ATC, local transportation and accommodation etc etc not simply an unfinished passenger terminal. Surin had this dream at one point and Buriram is way ahead of them. 😀

In fact "Buriram International" serves Surin as well. And yes, the runway has been upgraded last year.

Edited by Ben Zioner